FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

aster Apr 22, 13 9:33 pm

Haven't thought about the whole vouchers thing, should have been doing this all last year to rake in more miles. :)

With regards to UOB, do they send out new cards via courier by default? Also, does the card appear in ibanking once you get the approval SMS because I have received the message but cannot see anything about the card online.

vsepr Apr 22, 13 9:52 pm

AMEX miles transfer to KrisFlyer is very fast. I did the transfer online at around 10.30am on 22 April 2013.

Today 23 April 2013 at 10.50am I check my KrisFlyer account online and the miles are in!!

22 Apr 2013 American Express Credit MEMBERSHIP MILES TRANSFER

For Maybank Singapore, the miles transfer are done once a week. It reaches KrisFlyer every Tuesday.

carrotjuice Apr 23, 13 3:01 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20636185)
With regards to UOB, do they send out new cards via courier by default? Also, does the card appear in ibanking once you get the approval SMS because I have received the message but cannot see anything about the card online.

Default is by normal post. And the online banking does take some time to refresh with new card.

feizhu Apr 23, 13 3:15 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20634107)
Wow thanks very much for this!
a) I still have the Amex rewards card. Ok so perhaps I could buy cold storage vouchers for like $5K and sell then at 5% discount and keep the miles. Should still be a good value.

I have Cold Storage as a Fav 5, and I still have yet to hit the 50% bonus for 5K spending since I moved everything to my PRVI card.
So for $1.5K spending I'll get back 6718 Miles

Is it possible to buy cold storage vouchers at the outlets?

IMHO, nobody will buy cold storage vouchers from you @ 5% discount, not when people are selling NTUC vouchers at between 5-10% discount in forums. That's why I didn't bother to buy vouchers to resell from cold storage even during the initial 3 months where I had double points for my AMEX rewards.

vsepr Apr 23, 13 7:13 am

Originally Posted by feizhu (Post 20637124)
IMHO, nobody will buy cold storage vouchers from you @ 5% discount, not when people are selling NTUC vouchers at between 5-10% discount in forums. That's why I didn't bother to buy vouchers to resell from cold storage even during the initial 3 months where I had double points for my AMEX rewards.

Wah..if u sell the Cold Storage vouchers at 5% discount, that's very expensive miles you are earning through AMEX Rewards Card.

The vouchers are valid for 1 year at CS/MP/Jasons/Giant/Guardian/7-Eleven. Can slowly use.

lsed Apr 23, 13 7:20 am

Originally Posted by feizhu (Post 20637124)

I saw someone eBay NTUC vouchers at 3% and it sold. hence thought it was ok for 5% if the vouchers can be used at like Giant?

SingaporeDon Apr 23, 13 10:07 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 20637094)
Default is by normal post. And the online banking does take some time to refresh with new card.

They offered to deliver my card on the same day for a $10 courier fee, but when the courier screwed up, the young UOB staff lady cut another card and came to deliver it personally to my home at 9 pm.

willski Apr 23, 13 10:08 am

They've been having an AMEX Ascend exhibition in Raffles Place this week..everyday at lunchtime I can hear it from my office.

Seem to be giving free prizes as part of the promotion (?).

SingaporeDon Apr 23, 13 10:34 am

Gentle Reminder. AMEX points devaluation after 31 April 2013

Thanks to this thread, I found out about the change in conversion rate from Membership Rewards points to SQ Krisflyer miles ( devalued from 1.6 Amex Rewards Points for 1 Krisflyer mile to 1.8 Amex Rewards Points for 1 Krisflyer miles) after 30 April 2013 -

If you have, like me, substantial Amex Points which you have been collecting for SQ miles, may be worth converting before 1 May 2013 or else you will take a 11% devaluation

percysmith Apr 23, 13 12:05 pm

Citi HK cancelled all Prestige card applications received on or after 16 April

http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...?id=10062&p=17 #163

Any similar actions by Citi Singapore?

aster Apr 23, 13 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 20638647)
They offered to deliver my card on the same day for a $10 courier fee, but when the courier screwed up, the young UOB staff lady cut another card and came to deliver it personally to my home at 9 pm.

I remember reading about that here if I recall correctly. That is pure class I must say. :)

aster Apr 23, 13 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20636257)
AMEX miles transfer to KrisFlyer is very fast. I did the transfer online at around 10.30am on 22 April 2013.

Today 23 April 2013 at 10.50am I check my KrisFlyer account online and the miles are in!!

DBS is like that too, you can pretty much count on seeing the miles in your KrisFlyer account the next day.

aster Apr 23, 13 1:05 pm

When cancelling cards, do you have to wait until they reach their annual renewal date to inform the bank you no longer want to use the card or can you cancel earlier without any penalty?

SgFred Apr 23, 13 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 20639383)
http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...?id=10062&p=17 #163

Any similar actions by Citi Singapore?

I cant read the chinese characters on my comp.
Anyone can translate to English?

enelym1978 Apr 23, 13 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 20638841)
Thanks to this thread, I found out about the change in conversion rate from Membership Rewards points to SQ Krisflyer miles ( devalued from 1.6 Amex Rewards Points for 1 Krisflyer mile to 1.8 Amex Rewards Points for 1 Krisflyer miles) after 31 April 2013

If you have, like me, substantial Amex Points which you have been collecting for SQ miles, may be worth converting before 1 May 2013 or else you will take a 11% devaluation

Once converted, those miles have a 12 months validity, right? Can't remember...