FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

DOUDOU1980 Mar 30, 13 12:49 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20506514)
ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

Sign up now to enjoy 2.8 air miles* for every S$1 spend overseas till 30 April 2013. Promotion does not apply to existing ANZ Travel Credit Cardmembers.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/reso...34a5b707451b78

Foreign exchange fee? UOB had 3 miles for every s$1 spending overseas but they charge 3% foreign exchange fee.

Awesom Andy Mar 30, 13 10:50 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20506514)
ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

Sign up now to enjoy 2.8 air miles* for every S$1 spend overseas till 30 April 2013. Promotion does not apply to existing ANZ Travel Credit Cardmembers.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/reso...34a5b707451b78

Given that it's 30 March now, by the time you get your card, you'll get probably just 2 weeks of the bonus unless they extend the promotion. I would look for something that lasts just a little bit longer.

SingaporeDon Mar 30, 13 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 (Post 20506535)
Foreign exchange fee? UOB had 3 miles for every s$1 spending overseas but they charge 3% foreign exchange fee.

No, UOB AMEX PRIVI gives you 2.5 and not 3 miles per S$ spent overseas

DOUDOU1980 Mar 31, 13 4:02 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 20508098)
No, UOB AMEX PRIVI gives you 2.5 and not 3 miles per S$ spent overseas

They had a promotion during last 3 months.

chewiegranolabar Apr 1, 13 9:53 pm

May I know if spending on US online stores are tracked as overseas spend? Such as Amazon.com?

DOUDOU1980 Apr 1, 13 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 20520309)
May I know if spending on US online stores are tracked as overseas spend? Such as Amazon.com?

yes, it is overseas spend.

lcpteck Apr 1, 13 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20501546)
As far as I can see, UNI$ earned is shown in the rewards page as an accumulative amount of all cards combined.

It does not show how much UNI$ is earned in each transaction or in a statement period.

UPDATE:
I just got my first paper statement and it shows how much base and bonus UNI$ earned in that period. Wish they had the option for online statements to save paper. Anyways, I have a spreadsheet which I keep track of my points.

chewiegranolabar Apr 1, 13 10:46 pm

Thanks Doudou. And this applies for all cards? I'm asking specifically for UOB because there was a 10X UNI$ promo in Dec 2012 and the CSO said it is only applicable for retail stores, local and overseas. I wondered if they could differentiate retail and online transactions... Anyway she said the points will be credited in April 2013 so I'm still waiting to verify!

Does UOB show the split between bonus and base points? I'm still deciding if using UOB Lady's Solitaire (3X UNI$) or UOB PRVI Miles Plat or trusty old Amex Krisflyer will give me the most miles because of the different bonus accruals...

Archieflyer Apr 1, 13 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 20520509)
Thanks Doudou. And this applies for all cards? I'm asking specifically for UOB because there was a 10X UNI$ promo in Dec 2012 and the CSO said it is only applicable for retail stores, local and overseas. I wondered if they could differentiate retail and online transactions... Anyway she said the points will be credited in April 2013 so I'm still waiting to verify!

Does UOB show the split between bonus and base points? I'm still deciding if using UOB Lady's Solitaire (3X UNI$) or UOB PRVI Miles Plat or trusty old Amex Krisflyer will give me the most miles because of the different bonus accruals...

UOB seperates the base and bonus points, but groups the points for all your cards together. Ie, if you have more than one UOB card, it will show you one number for the base UNI$ earned (for all cards), and one number of the bonus earned (for all cards).

Answer is easy on your cards, btw.

Ladys Solitaire at 3X UNI$ is 1.2 miles/$.
PRVI Miles Plat is 1.6 miles/$.
Amex Krisflyer is up to 2 miles/$1.60 or 1.25 miles/$ (that's assuming that you charge more than $12k in a year).

chewiegranolabar Apr 2, 13 1:04 am

Thanks a lot Archieflyer! But with Amex, we get bonus 50% miles, then above a threshold another bonus 50% (up to 8000 miles). So is PRVI better or Krisflyer Amex?

Is my calculation correct for "UOB Privilege Reserve Cardmembers earn UNI$4 for every S$5 charged". Hence 1.6 miles/$?

Edit: Mine are mainly overseas spending, so PRVI miles actually offers an even better rate at UNI$6.25 for S$5... looks like I should switch to using this card instead :)

lcpteck Apr 2, 13 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20520654)
UOB seperates the base and bonus points, but groups the points for all your cards together. Ie, if you have more than one UOB card, it will show you one number for the base UNI$ earned (for all cards), and one number of the bonus earned (for all cards).

Yeah, it's only shown in the monthly statement.

DOUDOU1980 Apr 2, 13 2:34 am

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 20520887)
Thanks a lot Archieflyer! But with Amex, we get bonus 50% miles, then above a threshold another bonus 50% (up to 8000 miles). So is PRVI better or Krisflyer Amex?

Is my calculation correct for "UOB Privilege Reserve Cardmembers earn UNI$4 for every S$5 charged". Hence 1.6 miles/$?

Edit: Mine are mainly overseas spending, so PRVI miles actually offers an even better rate at UNI$6.25 for S$5... looks like I should switch to using this card instead :)

If you spend over 50k per year you will get 20k more miles.
And because it charge 3% foreign exchange fee, I seldom use it abroad. But if you have charge on foreign hotel, you can get free limo to airport. It is really nice perk and I used it many times.

chewiegranolabar Apr 2, 13 3:02 am

Thanks for the advice! I have gone ahead and applied for the UOB Preferred Plat Visa as well

Archieflyer Apr 2, 13 8:46 am

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 20520887)

The 1.25 miles/$ I showed already takes into account the two bonus 50%. Normal earning rate is a measly 0.625 miles/$, so yes, PRVI Miles is much better than Krisflyer Amex (which is, frankly, a terrible card).

Yes, 4UNI$/$5 translates to 1.6 miles/$.

This card is great for foreign spending too, esp if you travel for business and is able to expense the charges.. :)

Daniel on the way Apr 2, 13 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20522135)
The 1.25 miles/$ I showed already takes into account the two bonus 50%. Normal earning rate is a measly 0.625 miles/$, so yes, PRVI Miles is much better than Krisflyer Amex (which is, frankly, a terrible card).

Yes, 4UNI$/$5 translates to 1.6 miles/$.

This card is great for foreign spending too, esp if you travel for business and is able to expense the charges.. :)

It is annoying that credit card is not well acceptable in singapore, especially for AME.