FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

aster Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 20478418)
But the problem now with Maybank Horizon VISA is that it is very hard to get Rewards Infinite membership.

Just how hard is it? Is this a card that requires you to spend >25k in the previous year to get enrolled in RI?

vsepr Mar 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20479928)
Just how hard is it? Is this a card that requires you to spend >25k in the previous year to get enrolled in RI?

All other Maybank Cardmembers, simply spend S$24,000 on your Maybank Credit Card in the preceding year to become a Rewards Infinite member.

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

aster Mar 25, 2013 9:49 pm

And then you still have to play this funny EZ top-up game with a home device?

What is the limit on an EZ-link transaction btw?

luv_flying Mar 26, 2013 12:08 am

$50 + $0.25

Archieflyer Mar 26, 2013 1:28 am

Rewards Infinite is also complimentary to Maybank World Mastercard cardholders.

And you can set the EZ-Link card to auto-topup everytime the balance is not enough to pay the bill. There is a 25c charge for tha. The only limitation to this method is that it does not work at Cold Storage, Giant & 7-Eleven. Works fine for stuff like ERP and car park (at least those car parks which accept EZ-Link cards).

aster Mar 26, 2013 3:34 am

All in all I think the new UOB card that gives 4 miles/$1 for PayWave transactions is the best card out there. You can make purchases up to $100 using this contactless technology, and at least in my case all my supermarket spend would go via this card's PayWave feature. All other places where I could use this card would come as an added bonus. :)

For this reason this card absolutely destroys the old Citi Platinum card (that Citi even stopped issuing) when it comes to supermarket spend. Can't wait to get started.

Does anyone know what to do if I don't receive computerised payslips but UOB lists this as something they require? Would an extra Notice of Assessment going back further than they require be an adequate substitute?

demue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20483632)
Rewards Infinite is also complimentary to Maybank World Mastercard cardholders.

And you can set the EZ-Link card to auto-topup everytime the balance is not enough to pay the bill. There is a 25c charge for tha. The only limitation to this method is that it does not work at Cold Storage, Giant & 7-Eleven. Works fine for stuff like ERP and car park (at least those car parks which accept EZ-Link cards).

Agree. The annoying part about stores like Cold Storage, Guardian, etc. that accept payment via EZLink is that the auto-top up does not work. It works fine on bus/mrt and with confort/citycabs. So you need to keep track of the value in the card as max you can have around 50 SGD after a top up. I usually manage and may even pay part of my groceries up to balance on card and rest with Citi Plat :). 4mls per $ are too good to pass.

I did manage the 24K spend easily last year due to lots of biz travel (expe ses, hotels abroad etc.) so am good till 06/14 on rewards infinte, but this year will consider to convert to the World Mastercard to avoid the hassle in the future.

Archieflyer Mar 26, 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20483908)
All in all I think the new UOB card that gives 4 miles/$1 for PayWave transactions is the best card out there. You can make purchases up to $100 using this contactless technology, and at least in my case all my supermarket spend would go via this card's PayWave feature. All other places where I could use this card would come as an added bonus. :)

For this reason this card absolutely destroys the old Citi Platinum card (that Citi even stopped issuing) when it comes to supermarket spend. Can't wait to get started.

Does anyone know what to do if I don't receive computerised payslips but UOB lists this as something they require? Would an extra Notice of Assessment going back further than they require be an adequate substitute?

There has been reports that using this card at Giant does not earn UNI$, but SMART$. I checked the UOB website and Giant is not listed as a SMART$ merchant, but you might want to check this before using the card at Giant.

aster Mar 26, 2013 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20484852)
There has been reports that using this card at Giant does not earn UNI$, but SMART$. I checked the UOB website and Giant is not listed as a SMART$ merchant, but you might want to check this before using the card at Giant.

How does this work? If a merchant has SMART$ then you cannot get the 4 miles/$1 for using PayWave with them?

All my shopping is at Meidi-Ya and Cold Storage, though I do pop in to Giant from time to time.

P.S. RIP Carrefour Singapore. :( The best supermarket by far (by lightyears in fact) chose to leave for one reason or another...

lcpteck Mar 26, 2013 11:23 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20485462)
How does this work? If a merchant has SMART$ then you cannot get the 4 miles/$1 for using PayWave with them?

All my shopping is at Meidi-Ya and Cold Storage, though I do pop in to Giant from time to time.

P.S. RIP Carrefour Singapore. :( The best supermarket by far (by lightyears in fact) chose to leave for one reason or another...

Yeah, someone mentioned about it at HWZ that Giant and CBTL earns SMART$ only. There was an error in the advert.

So for CBTL, use Preferred Amex.

Archieflyer Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20485462)

It's in the T&Cs for SMART$. If the merchant issues SMART$, you do not get UNI$, so no 4 miles/$ for using Paywave.

I didn't really like Carrefour actually. I found the place to always be in a bit of a mess, even if you could find absolutely everything there. :p

aster Mar 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks guys. :) Does UOB list your earned UNI$ similarly to DBS's points in that you only see how much you've accumulated in a given statement period, or can you get more detailed info?

lcpteck Mar 29, 2013 12:25 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20501340)
Thanks guys. :) Does UOB list your earned UNI$ similarly to DBS's points in that you only see how much you've accumulated in a given statement period, or can you get more detailed info?

As far as I can see, UNI$ earned is shown in the rewards page as an accumulative amount of all cards combined.

It does not show how much UNI$ is earned in each transaction or in a statement period.

aster Mar 29, 2013 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer (Post 20489022)
It's in the T&Cs for SMART$. If the merchant issues SMART$, you do not get UNI$, so no 4 miles/$ for using Paywave.

Quite a few places are part of this SMART$ scheme, though there might be some more unlisted ones as UOB doesn't mention Giant in this listing:

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...martclub.html#

vsepr Mar 29, 2013 11:42 pm

ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

Sign up now to enjoy 2.8 air miles* for every S$1 spend overseas till 30 April 2013. Promotion does not apply to existing ANZ Travel Credit Cardmembers.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/reso...34a5b707451b78