FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Zratter May 14, 18 9:49 pm


Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 29754148)
Apple Pay is giving you 80,000 miles for paying 8x the miles on the purchase price of 10,000 SGD.

Krisflyer is giving you 40,000 miles for flying the ticket. They increased mileage earned to 200% for A class this year and the distance flown is 20,000 miles.

If you are an Elite member, you earn another 5,000 miles for flying.

Hope that helps.

thank you very much for the clarification

SoulDaddy May 15, 18 8:40 am

Slightly off-track.

DBS has a promotion to win Suite class to New York, London, Sydney, Paris, Shanghai.

Here's my thinking
- Suite Class will be extended to New York / Paris / Shanghai
- Draw in Feb and Travel from March onwards

Does booking the old suite class make sense on these routes (hoping that either there will be new / retrofitted A380's for suite class for these routes given how difficult it is to book suite class in the new A380 currently.

SMK77 May 15, 18 9:02 pm


Originally Posted by SoulDaddy (Post 29755843)
Slightly off-track.

DBS has a promotion to win Suite class to New York, London, Sydney, Paris, Shanghai.

Here's my thinking
- Suite Class will be extended to New York / Paris / Shanghai
- Draw in Feb and Travel from March onwards

Does booking the old suite class make sense on these routes (hoping that either there will be new / retrofitted A380's for suite class for these routes given how difficult it is to book suite class in the new A380 currently.

Shanghai is announced to get new Suites together with Zurich in the second half of 2018. Any other route is pure speculation and there might be delays before new routes are added.

Old Suites is still a great product and if you win tickets for free, shouldn't be any issue.

SoulDaddy May 16, 18 3:55 am

Thanks, the email mailer was hyping up the new suites so I reckon it could be a good marketing launch pad for DBS/SIA and of course the luck of the draw to if we really get lucky for new suite class.

lsed May 30, 18 5:55 pm

Hey guys is there any cap on this Citibank ApplePay promo for the Rewards cards - I checked the T&Cs and it doesnt seem to mention any cap for the rewards cards.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm overseas and I'm charging everything via ApplePay but the points are don't seem to be posting even after 6+ days. The transactions reflect on the app in 1 day and take another 1-2 days to go out of pending, and the amounts spent do show up in the 'current balance'. However the points seem to be in limbo.

I guess it's better that it hasnt posted yet, versus posting not at 20X. But I don't want to end up spending $5K before realising I hit some sort of cap.

thanks for the help!

lifeonthego_k May 30, 18 7:48 pm


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 29810871)
Hey guys is there any cap on this Citibank ApplePay promo for the Rewards cards?

There is no cap. Give more time for the points to post.

lsed May 31, 18 1:32 am

Thanks for the reply, points showed up a couple hours after my last post. 20X =)

carrotjuice Jun 6, 18 6:44 am

Interesting problem I have. Was planning to spend a whopping US$30,000 on TheRealReal. It accepts Apple Pay. But I also know from previous purchases that it awards 10X on my Citi Rewards card. So unlikely to be awarded 20X under current Apple Pay promo.

If I use the same Citi Rewards card via Apple Pay, will it still give me 10X rewards without cap?

Or will it cap me at 1X rewards since I have spent close to S$12,000 already this membership year? If so, whatís the best alternative card to use?

yosithezet Jun 6, 18 11:42 am


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29834878)
Interesting problem I have. Was planning to spend a whopping US$30,000 on TheRealReal. It accepts Apple Pay. But I also know from previous purchases that it awards 10X on my Citi Rewards card. So unlikely to be awarded 20X under current Apple Pay promo.

If I use the same Citi Rewards card via Apple Pay, will it still give me 10X rewards without cap?

Or will it cap me at 1X rewards since I have spent close to S$12,000 already this membership year? If so, what’s the best alternative card to use?

It will cap you if you hit the S$12K.

I think you should use the Citi PremierMiles which would give you 4 miles per dollar during this promotion so long as the transaction is in SGD.

I had CPM and applied for CRV and it arrived after 3 days or so. Suspect that if you don't have CPM but do have CRV that you could apply and also get it quickly.

carrotjuice Jun 6, 18 6:20 pm


Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 29836059)
It will cap you if you hit the S$12K.

I think you should use the Citi PremierMiles which would give you 4 miles per dollar during this promotion so long as the transaction is in SGD.

I had CPM and applied for CRV and it arrived after 3 days or so. Suspect that if you don't have CPM but do have CRV that you could apply and also get it quickly.

I do have Citi Prem Miles... but the spend is in USD so doesnít qualify under Apple Pay. :(

Any other ideas welcome!!

lifeonthego_k Jun 6, 18 8:06 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29837648)
Any other ideas welcome!!

The OCBC Titanium Rewards card offers 4mpd for all contactless payments (incl. Apple Pay). It has an annual cap of S$12k for this earning rate but its Blue and Pink cards have individual caps, So you have a total of S$24k to use up there. This earning rate is also valid for transactions in foreign currency. Then you have the UOB Visa Signature card, which offers 4mpd for a min. spend of S$1k and max of S$2k in foreign currency spend in a statement cycle (regardless of payment method). With these three cards a majority of your USD 30K spend will be covered.

Do you have both, the Visa and MasterCard versions of Citi Rewards? If not, then you can use the S$12K limit of the one you don't have to get 4 mpd. The landing page for the MasterCard version has been taken down, but you can still apply for it via a referral link. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you one.

elleana Jun 6, 18 10:17 pm

Unrelated but what on earth are you planning to buy at $30k???

carrotjuice Jun 7, 18 12:43 am

Unfortunately itís a single transaction so canít split into different cards / payments.

lifeonthego_k Jun 7, 18 8:26 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29838578)
Unfortunately itís a single transaction so canít split into different cards / payments.

Then either search/wait for some sign on bonus offers (e.g. In Q3 last year Citi prestige was offering 80k miles for a S$30k spend) or get 4/8mpd for the first S$12k spend.

carrotjuice Jun 9, 18 8:30 pm


Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k (Post 29842137)
Then either search/wait for some sign on bonus offers (e.g. In Q3 last year Citi prestige was offering 80k miles for a S$30k spend) or get 4/8mpd for the first S$12k spend.

Thanks, great suggestion. The purchase isn't urgent... so can wait... unless it's snapped up by someone else!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.