FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

ronaldko Dec 22, 17 8:36 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 29204801)
Could you provide examples which one does and which does not?

I can only confirmed Uber and Q10 Singapore got 10X with DBS woman card via Paypal

carrotjuice Dec 23, 17 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 29195062)
Separate question - Citi Rewards cards and PayPal - any experiences with 10x?

If itís just sending money to someoneís PayPal account, then no.

But if paying to a merchant who sends a PayPal invoice, it depends on what MCC (Citi Rewards details an exhaustive list) the merchant is registered under PayPal. Best is to get the merchant to check with PayPal themselves and let you know before paying. If the MCC matches the Citi Rewards MCC list then yes will receive 10X.

hclee01 Jan 3, 18 4:32 am

KrisFlyer UOB

Saw this double miles promotion. Interestingly, it said that the customer needs to own the UOB KrisFlyer debit card to be eligible for double miles. But there is no indication if the purchase needs to be charged to the card.

Fly with Singapore Airlines or SilkAir and earn twice the KrisFlyer miles from 1 Jan to 31 Mar 2018.
Sale period: 7 Dec 2017 – 15 Jan 2018*
Travel period*: 1 Jan – 31 Mar 2018

Terms and Conditions:
  • This promotion is only applicable to bookings made between 7 Dec 2017 and 15 Jan 2018. (both dates inclusive)*, with a travel or stay period between 1 Jan and 31 March 2018 (both dates inclusive).
  • To qualify for this promotion, travelers must be KrisFlyer members who own a KrisFlyer UOB debit card.
  • All Singapore Airlines or SilkAir cabin classes and bookings classes are eligible for this promotion, except Group fares (G), codeshare and redemption award tickets.
  • Bonus KrisFlyer miles will only be awarded for round trips completed between 1 Jan to 31 Mar 2018.
  • A round trip refers to a trip where the outbound flight and inbound flight return to the same airport. Bonus KrisFlyer miles will only be awarded for flights originating from Singapore.
  • Double KrisFlyer miles awarded will be only based on the distance travelled that was paid for by cash. This excludes any distance redeemed by KrisFlyer miles. Tier bonus is not included in the calculation.
  • If any changes to the bookings are made after the eligible booking period, the bookings will not be eligible for double KrisFlyer miles.
  • Bonus KrisFlyer miles will be automatically credited to member’s KrisFlyer membership account within 8 weeks after completion of flights.
  • KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply.

Ghost07 Jan 8, 18 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll (Post 29139280)
Anyone know if Alipay HK peer to peer transactions count as online spend on a SG based credit card (e.g. Citi Rewards Card)? Ping @percysmith

a bit off topic, may I know is there any additional charge for Alipay peer to peer payment

percysmith Jan 8, 18 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll (Post 29139280)
Anyone know if Alipay HK peer to peer transactions count as online spend on a SG based credit card (e.g. Citi Rewards Card)? Ping @percysmith

I'll stick my head out a bit and say yes.
It counts as online spend for the HK cards we checked.
I cannot imagine Singapore V/M returning different AID values

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 29264434)
a bit off topic, may I know is there any additional charge for Alipay peer to peer payment

Not unless it counts as cash advance.
I see that possibility as remote.

invisible Jan 11, 18 11:16 am

As an add on data here - I tried to use Apple Pay at GTM to top up NETS FP card. Did not work.

Kilian Zoll Jan 11, 18 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 29267734)
I'll stick my head out a bit and say yes.
It counts as online spend for the HK cards we checked.
I cannot imagine Singapore V/M returning different AID values

I owe an update since I originally asked the question -- it appears AlipayHK only accepts HK issued credit cards anyway.

percysmith Jan 11, 18 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll (Post 29282095)
I owe an update since I originally asked the question -- it appears AlipayHK only accepts HK issued credit cards anyway.

Ooops

Savage25 Jan 14, 18 7:49 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 29140500)
Could anyone provide here definite and facts based answer if paypal transactions with DBS Woman card earn 10x points or not?

I made 2 Paypal payments last week. One to an overseas merchant, one a payment to a personal account.

The merchant payment earned 3X points, so I'm confident the remainder 7X will post on 16 Feb.
The payment to a personal account earned 0 points.

carrotjuice Feb 19, 18 11:25 pm

I am getting the HSBC Visa Infinite. Anyone has a HSBC Visa Infinite who is able to refer me? We can share the referral bonus equally. Please contact via PM... thanks!
UPDATE: Referral made by a fellow FTer.

yosithezet Feb 20, 18 1:22 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29436712)
I am getting the HSBC Visa Infinite. Anyone has a HSBC Visa Infinite who is able to refer me? We can share the referral bonus equally. Please contact via PM... thanks!

I got rid of that because it was too hard to pay off. I couldn't go online to UOB and send money to HSBC and I couldn't go into HSBC and pull money from UOB. Hopefully they changed something in the past few years.

carrotjuice Feb 20, 18 1:29 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 29436967)
I got rid of that because it was too hard to pay off. I couldn't go online to UOB and send money to HSBC and I couldn't go into HSBC and pull money from UOB. Hopefully they changed something in the past few years.

Direct debit (GIRO) is your friend, my friend! :D

aster Feb 27, 18 6:12 am

KrisFlyer UOB Feature

Has anyone looked into the new debit card from UOB? :)

Seems virtually solely aimed at savers who are willing to put up a sizeable balance in their UOB account as the 5% cap on monthly bonus miles earned (in relation to the average monthly balance) isn't as much about "damage limitation" as it is about not making this card worthwhile for anyone other than high-balance holders.

Still, if someone maintains a high balance then this might be a neat, new way to accumulate KrisFlyer miles.

fledglingraptormoon Feb 27, 18 6:44 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 29464187)
KrisFlyer UOB Feature

Has anyone looked into the new debit card from UOB? :)

Seems virtually solely aimed at savers who are willing to put up a sizeable balance in their UOB account as the 5% cap on monthly bonus miles earned (in relation to the average monthly balance) isn't as much about "damage limitation" as it is about not making this card worthwhile for anyone other than high-balance holders.

Still, if someone maintains a high balance then this might be a neat, new way to accumulate KrisFlyer miles.

This is covered by milelion here: http://milelion.com/2017/04/19/the-krisflyer-uob-account-is-dead-on-arrival/

Traflying Feb 27, 18 8:17 pm

Was browsing through the wiki and found this for DBS Women World Mastercard,

Cons: DBS points are valid for 1 year based on card anniversary date.
Is this still valid?

Thanks!