FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Aug 30, 2016 3:59 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27138966)
Subj. Which one?

For Singapore, I use UberX and pair it with DBS Woman's World Mastercard.
For Overseas, I use either the same card or UOB Visa Signature.

Ghost07 Aug 30, 2016 7:42 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 27138840)
Chase Sapphire Reserve with their 100,000 point bonus credits into KF (not to AA or AM, which was what I was really checking for)

Must I have US security identity in order to apply Chase Sapphire Reserve

lcpteck Aug 30, 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 27139751)
Must I have US security identity in order to apply Chase Sapphire Reserve

Supposedly you need Social Security number.

I think some banks can apply if you have a deposit account with them. Not quite sure though.

yosithezet Aug 30, 2016 10:19 am

A TIN may work as well.

bikecraft Aug 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27138631)
Question regarding Uber and Grab - which cards are best for them?

UOB Lady's Solitaire card offers 10xUni for uber and grab rides:

“Taxi Transaction” means transaction (as appeared in the Cardmember’s statement) for taxi rides
with CityCab, Comfort, Premier, Prime, SMRT, Trans Cab and Yellow Top in Singapore; Uber and
GrabCar rides with these descriptions (as appeared in the Cardmember’s statement): BV*, GRAB
COM*, GRAB S*, GRABTAXI* and PAYPAL *UBER BV.

Alas, #MenDontGetIt. Only women can apply....supposedly.

invisible Aug 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 27139909)
Supposedly you need Social Security number.

I think some banks can apply if you have a deposit account with them. Not quite sure though.

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 27140562)
A TIN may work as well.

Won't work. Discussed and investigated already. Without SSN you can't get US credit card and that's due to Patriot ACT and 'know your customer' rules. At HWZ there was a guy who was Chase Private Client but could not get even ordinary CC from Chase. They said - 'sorry'.

invisible Aug 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 27138985)
For Singapore, I use UberX and pair it with DBS Woman's World Mastercard.
For Overseas, I use either the same card or UOB Visa Signature.

You mean that for rides in different currency you use different card? If one's goal is to earn miles, than what would be the point to change from WWM to UOB? Assuming that you are not yet past $2K spending limit per month.

One related question - do Uber rides charged in SGD generate additional fee because they are processed overseas? I did not see it with Imagine card, but seems could be the case with Visa/MC.

Awesom Andy Aug 31, 2016 9:30 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27143917)
You mean that for rides in different currency you use different card? If one's goal is to earn miles, than what would be the point to change from WWM to UOB? Assuming that you are not yet past $2K spending limit per month.

You might need a few extra dollars to meet the 1k minimum for UOB, or free up the WWM if you can hit the 2k limit with other means (and not able to do so with UOB).

lcpteck Aug 31, 2016 10:21 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27143917)

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 27145745)
You might need a few extra dollars to meet the 1k minimum for UOB, or free up the WWM if you can hit the 2k limit with other means (and not able to do so with UOB).

If my overseas spending is between S$1k-2k then I would use UOB Visa Signature for Uber in overseas. If not I would use DBS WWMC for Uber in overseas.

Anyways, I use specific cards to maximize the 4 miles per $ spending.

Kilian Zoll Aug 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Looks like ANZ massively "enhanced" the complimentary lounge access perk on the Travel Visa Signature card today. The benefit now sits under DragonPass and you need to spend $10k per calendar quarter to be eligible for lounge access.

Cutting my card today.

simpledoug Aug 31, 2016 9:42 pm

What's the best alternative to the ANZ travel card? PP lounges only allow 2 free access per year..

Volasia Aug 31, 2016 10:01 pm

Unless you apply for the expensive cards such as the Citi prestige, that would be it. In any case, these free lounge access like veloce are pointless . I have yet to see a good lounge ...
You better go sit at a coffee place or a food court.

Singapore_Air Aug 31, 2016 11:39 pm

Has anyone found a broker (share dealing from Singapore) that accepts credit cards as a method of deposit for a non-exhorbitant fee ?

Thanks

invisible Sep 1, 2016 2:28 am

Originally Posted by simpledoug (Post 27149032)
What's the best alternative to the ANZ travel card? PP lounges only allow 2 free access per year..

Get another card which has PP access.

invisible Sep 1, 2016 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air (Post 27149309)
Has anyone found a broker (share dealing from Singapore) that accepts credit cards as a method of deposit for a non-exorbitant fee ?

What would be your definition of 'non-exorbitant'?