FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

hclee01 Nov 23, 14 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by elliotng (Post 23887316)
Sorry - off topic from UOB. Has anyone used the Citibank Rewards Card at Central Department Stores in Bangkok to get the 10x rewards? Just want to be sure that the MCC is that of 'Department Stores'. ;)

Yes i used it last year at Central Chidrom and got 10X for the Citibank visa rewards card.

lcpteck Nov 24, 14 12:06 am

As long as you're sure the MCC is under department store, you should get 10x. Only for those individual stores, it maybe a hit or miss depending on how the merchant/bank categorize.

Classic example I encountered years ago. Timberland store in Taipei (not inside a department store) did not get 10x cause the MCC code was of sports apparel. Had to open a case with customer service to get my 10x points. No issue with Timberland store in Singapore of course since their MCC code is of clothing, etc....

feizhu Nov 25, 14 9:00 pm

Can I just add to the wiki that redemption bookings via KE's online website is charged by number of passengers?

thanks.

lcpteck Nov 25, 14 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by feizhu (Post 23898709)
Can I just add to the wiki that redemption bookings via KE's online website is charged by number of passengers?

thanks.

Updated wiki.

SingaporeDon Nov 26, 14 1:24 pm

Is it worth putting the first post in the wiki?

Given that aster's first post gives comprehensive view of the different cards available in SIN, is it worth putting that in the wiki, so that forum members can make changes as and when, thereby taking the load off aster in terms of additions/amendments as the credit card scene in Singapore is constantly changing?

AddictedTraveller Nov 26, 14 7:28 pm

Actually putting something very similar together on my site at the moment - just taking some time!

lcpteck Nov 26, 14 8:11 pm

The current wiki is just a temporary setup (hence it's messy hehe).

Aster, let's do an update on your first page again? It's been a while. After that we can redo the Wiki again.

SingaporeDon Nov 27, 14 8:59 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 23853506)
Yes, this is on top of the 14,000 maximum Travel$ earned.

ANZ Year-End Promotion Terms and Conditions:

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...Conditions.pdf

vsepr, can you clarify

1. the bonus cash credit of $3 is ONLY for the first 200 participants who meet the spend tier of S$10,000. However, how will I know if I am one of them, and more importantly, if I keep on charging to get to $10k on the card, I will only know post fact if i made it into the first 200 or not, and so could end up with just $1 bonus even if I spend the required $10,000.

Does this not mean it is risky to try to aim for the $3 bonus, as there is no way of knowing for sure if you will get it?

2. If I am one of the lucky 200, I will get 36,000 SQ KF miles ( 14,000 base plus 22,000 bonus) i.e. 3.6 miles per $

3. I I am the unlucky one, even after spending $10,000, I will get 21,333 SQ KF miles ( 14,000 base plus 7,333 bonus) i.e. 2.13 miles per $ - not that great, but still not too bad.

4. If I get the SMS confirmation, I can safely assume I am in the first 20,000, and so will qualify for 2.13 miles at least for $10,000 spend. i.e. the 20,000 are selected on a FIFO basis based on people sending SMSs and not based on spend.

5. Will the main and supplementary cards qualify in their own rights, as two separate cards, or will all spend, threshold etc will be based on principal card only, although spend on supplementary will count as long as supplementary is also registered.

Sorry to bombard you, but since you are the resident ANZ expert, thought best to clarify with you!

LuisHK Nov 27, 14 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23904063)
The current wiki is just a temporary setup (hence it's messy hehe).

Aster, let's do an update on your first page again? It's been a while. After that we can redo the Wiki again.

I agree with Wiki, make editing more flexible and less stress on Aster

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller (Post 23903921)
Actually putting something very similar together on my site at the moment - just taking some time!

Look very organised and well written!

vsepr Nov 28, 14 4:59 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23906119)
vsepr, can you clarify

1. the bonus cash credit of $3 is ONLY for the first 200 participants who meet the spend tier of S$10,000. However, how will I know if I am one of them, and more importantly, if I keep on charging to get to $10k on the card, I will only know post fact if i made it into the first 200 or not, and so could end up with just $1 bonus even if I spend the required $10,000.

Does this not mean it is risky to try to aim for the $3 bonus, as there is no way of knowing for sure if you will get it?

2. If I am one of the lucky 200, I will get 36,000 SQ KF miles ( 14,000 base plus 22,000 bonus) i.e. 3.6 miles per $

3. I I am the unlucky one, even after spending $10,000, I will get 21,333 SQ KF miles ( 14,000 base plus 7,333 bonus) i.e. 2.13 miles per $ - not that great, but still not too bad.

4. If I get the SMS confirmation, I can safely assume I am in the first 20,000, and so will qualify for 2.13 miles at least for $10,000 spend. i.e. the 20,000 are selected on a FIFO basis based on people sending SMSs and not based on spend.

5. Will the main and supplementary cards qualify in their own rights, as two separate cards, or will all spend, threshold etc will be based on principal card only, although spend on supplementary will count as long as supplementary is also registered.

Sorry to bombard you, but since you are the resident ANZ expert, thought best to clarify with you!

The way I read the T&C, this time only principal cardholders qualify, not like last time, both main and supplementary cardholders qualify.
The miles rate range from $1 = 2.39 miles to $1 = 3.6 miles.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...Conditions.pdf

carrotjuice Nov 28, 14 3:03 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to top up the Imagine Amex cards to above S$1,000?

lcpteck Nov 28, 14 9:34 pm

Citibank PM Visa targetted promotion

I just received a targeted promo.

I don't think I will hit the qualifying threshold of minimum S$2k equivalent in FCY per month. Registered anyways...

elliotng Nov 29, 14 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 23887738)
Yes i used it last year at Central Chidrom and got 10X for the Citibank visa rewards card.

Thanks hclee01! I'll be using the Citi rewards card for my shopping in BKK! haha

I'm also starting to use the Visa signature card. Does online foreign spend on travel related products (e.g. airline tix) qualify for the 10x pts? I know they do not award bonus pts for travel related spend on the PPV.

lcpteck Nov 29, 14 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by elliotng (Post 23915812)
I'm also starting to use the Visa signature card. Does online foreign spend on travel related products (e.g. airline tix) qualify for the 10x pts? I know they do not award bonus pts for travel related spend on the PPV.

Are you referring to the UOB Visa Signature card? I don't think there is any exclusion list besides the usual bank charges. There is however a minimum of S$1k and maximum S$2k FCY equivant spending per month though (not sure if it's calendar month or statement month).

worldrally Nov 29, 14 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23916420)
Are you referring to the UOB Visa Signature card? I don't think there is any exclusion list besides the usual bank charges. There is however a minimum of S$1k and maximum S$2k FCY equivant spending per month though (not sure if it's calendar month or statement month).

Its statement month for UOB Visa Sig