FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Oct 25, 14 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 23734210)
Do you already have the DBS WWMC? :) For online Apple store I think the UOB PPV should still work unless things have changed...

Yeah I have the DBS WWMC, but I need a card for offline swiping on electronics.

SingaporeDon Oct 25, 14 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23732273)
Hey guys,

I'm still lacking a card to earn miles on electronics, any recommendations? I'm currently using UOB PRVI Miles Amex.

I'm only eligible for the normal income cards.

You know the AMEX earns 10x at Harvey Norman, right?

lcpteck Oct 25, 14 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23734831)
You know the AMEX earns 10x at Harvey Norman, right?

Apparently only till year end, wonder if they will renew.

Platinum EXTRA Partner participation ends 31 Dec 2014

vsepr Oct 25, 14 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 23690012)
Btw, Citibank still awards CitiMiles/Citidollars for AXS bill payments even though it is stated that wef 01 July 2014, no points will be awarded. The last time I made payment at AXS machines was 25 Sept 2014 for Great Eastern Insurance.

Cannot pay SP Services bill with Citibank cards at AXS machines...too bad.

I made a AXS bill payment at on 25 Oct 2014, charge posted 26 Oct 2014, no CitiMiles awarded. I think Citibank has really stopped issuing rewards for AXS bill payments this time.

SingaporeDon Oct 26, 14 4:55 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23734314)
Yeah I have the DBS WWMC, but I need a card for offline swiping on electronics.

Did not realise until I spoke with DBS today, but the DBS points earned on DBS Woman's card expire 12 months after they are earned, unlike all other DBS points which NEVER expire. May be worth keeping in mind else you will lose all those extra points you earned on DBSWC

SingaporeDon Oct 26, 14 4:56 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23735319)
Apparently only till year end, wonder if they will renew.

Platinum EXTRA Partner participation ends 31 Dec 2014

This 10X Harvey Norman promo has been going on for years, so I would guess it will get renewed come December 2014

lcpteck Oct 26, 14 5:08 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23736792)
Did not realise until I spoke with DBS today, but the DBS points earned on DBS Woman's card expire 12 months after they are earned, unlike all other DBS points which NEVER expire. May be worth keeping in mind else you will lose all those extra points you earned on DBSWC

Yep that is correct.

The expiry month is shown when you login to the DBS Rewards website.

lcpteck Oct 26, 14 5:23 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23736796)
This 10X Harvey Norman promo has been going on for years, so I would guess it will get renewed come December 2014

Okay, that's good to know.

Guess I'll signup for the Amex Platinum Credit Card for electronics spend at Harvey Norman.

chongsss Oct 26, 14 6:58 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 23735622)
I made a AXS bill payment at on 25 Oct 2014, charge posted 26 Oct 2014, no CitiMiles awarded. I think Citibank has really stopped issuing rewards for AXS bill payments this time.

I made a AXS bill payment on 20 October and Citi Miles are awarded.

Perhaps more people can share their recent experiences.

aster Oct 26, 14 6:58 am

Any local cards currently giving a 10% discount at Booking.com?

I know UOB is currently doing something with Expedia.com.sg where UOB cards can get 10% off, but is there anything currently valid for Booking.com?

carrotjuice Oct 26, 14 7:04 am

My HSBC Visa Infinite is coming up to its first year anniversary. Plan to cancel. Is it easier to do that before they charge the annual fee, or call them after they do so and ask for the fee to be wiped clean?

(I'm conscious that there may have been small print, as in the case of some cards, that require you to hold the card for one full year.)

saerogenta13 Oct 26, 14 11:47 am

Hi guys, any thoughts on what card I should use to pay for my wedding banquet? I plan to use the SCB Manhatten Card to take advantage of the $800 rebate. After maxing out the rebate, I'll have another $25k that I have to charge.

Initially I thought of charging it to the UOB Preferred Platinum AMEX card, however I worry that UOB might not recognise it as FnB as the banquet is held at a hotel afterall.

The other option is DBS altitude which is currently offering 3miles per dollar for spend above $2k a month. But this promo is expiring in Dec 2014.

Any suggestions will be welcomed!

SingaporeDon Oct 26, 14 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 23737033)
Any local cards currently giving a 10% discount at Booking.com?

I know UOB is currently doing something with Expedia.com.sg where UOB cards can get 10% off, but is there anything currently valid for Booking.com?

All Citibank cards have additional points/rebates at expedia.com.sg, as you probably know. Have not heard of any 10% discount deals

SingaporeDon Oct 26, 14 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by saerogenta13 (Post 23738168)

The other option is DBS altitude which is currently offering 3miles per dollar for spend above $2k a month. But this promo is expiring in Dec 2014.

I assume your wedding reception is abroad as I think the 3 miles promo is only for overseas spend. UOB Visa Signature also has an ongoing promotion for overseas spend @ 4 miles per S$ but capped (Cardmembers will earn UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on transactions in foreign currenciesCardmembers can earn a maximum of UNI$4,000 for spend in foreign currencies (including online transactions in foreign currencies), petrol and with Visa payWave, per statement period, should they qualify), and as you probably know, UOB AMEX Privi earns 2.5 miles per S$ for overseas spend, although the foreign currency charge for AMEX is 3.25% versus 2.5% (?) for visa

chongsss Oct 26, 14 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by saerogenta13 (Post 23738168)
Hi guys, any thoughts on what card I should use to pay for my wedding banquet? I plan to use the SCB Manhatten Card to take advantage of the $800 rebate. After maxing out the rebate, I'll have another $25k that I have to charge.

Initially I thought of charging it to the UOB Preferred Platinum AMEX card, however I worry that UOB might not recognise it as FnB as the banquet is held at a hotel afterall.

Do you all already have KrisFlyer Ascend Amex and Amex Rewards?

If you don't mind paying the annual fee of S$256.80, you can get 35,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles if you charge S$10,000 within the first 3 months of card approval.

Thus, you get a total of 43,333 KrisFlyer miles (spending S$10,000 get 8,333 KF miles) on an outlay of S$10,256.80.

You can consider getting Amex Rewards as well. Spend S$1,500 within 3 months of approval and get bonus 21,000 Membership Reward points.

You will get 24,000 Membership Reward points with a S$1,500 spend, which can be converted to 13,333 KrisFlyer miles.

If your wife-to-be can apply for them too, that will cover S$23,000.