FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

tboons Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm

If you have a 6 figures tax, and if you have travel signature card, you get 1.4 miles for every dollar! So why not?

nightwish Apr 19, 2014 12:22 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22727127)
If you have a 6 figures tax, and if you have travel signature card, you get 1.4 miles for every dollar! So why not?

There is a 0.7% admin fee. If you do the calculations, it isn't great at all. Or maybe I got it wrong because their website is really crap.

Anyone used ANZ's facilities before can kindly explain the process? Much appreciated.

lsed Apr 19, 2014 2:55 am

The golden goose is about to be culled. Online spending for PPV to be limited to 24K annually from June 1st 2014

Get your spending in before then if you've already maxed this limit!

Edit: just to clarify it is 24K UNI$ per year. So once exceeded you will get 0 Uni$ for subsequent spend.

This is worse than the DBS women's card!

Edit: this applies for Paywave as well!

fern76 Apr 19, 2014 4:59 am

PPV 4* miles

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22727857)
The golden goose is about to be culled. Online spending for PPV to be limited to 24K annually from June 1st 2014

Darn :(

Looks like it has to be Citi Rewards card for us then!

percysmith Apr 19, 2014 5:53 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

The nearest equiv in HK, CCB eye, caps us at HK$75K/S$12.3K

cy1978hk Apr 19, 2014 8:19 am

Originally Posted by nightwish (Post 22727639)
There is a 0.7% admin fee. If you do the calculations, it isn't great at all. Or maybe I got it wrong because their website is really crap.

Anyone used ANZ's facilities before can kindly explain the process? Much appreciated.

If I read the T&C correctly, the 0.7% admin fee can be waived (or fully rebated) if you are a big spender of the ANZ card.

For example, if your tax amount is in the range of S$5K-S$20K, and if you have spent S$15K on your ANZ card from the period of 1 May 2013 - 30 Apr 2014, then that 0.7% admin fee will be fully rebated to your card, plus a bonus of 2 miles per every S$5 tax amount paid.

But one point I don't understand is... How about the rebate mile amount if I'm holding the ANZ visa signature travel card? The point system is different. The normal ANZ card is using a system of 1 point (?? $ equivalent spend) = 2 miles; but ANZ visa signature travel card is 1 S$ spending = 1.4 travel $ = 1.4 miles.... Need to call to confirm this point....

percysmith Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22727127)

S$100 paid = 140 miles = S$0.7
Each mile = S$0.005

Seems like a bargain to me. I'd even pay other poeple's taxes for them at that rate.

lalaisgongon Apr 19, 2014 11:05 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22680597)
Agree the rate isn't great for those miles savvy among us. But you'd be surprise at the number of people clamouring for the so called 'prestige' of holding a card few have. (I personally don't understand this at all myself...)

Bells and whistles include unlimited airport lounge access, free and discounted golf, private clubs and events, dedicated "Lifestyle Manager" (whatever this means).

I heard that one of their perks include 1 for 1 business class tickets on certain airlines?

nightwish Apr 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Ok, see if my calculations are right.

Tax = $120k = 168k miles (based on $1 - 1.4 miles)
Admin fee of 0.7% = $840

Say i dont use the ANZ card much so rebate can forget about it. Is this still a good deal?

Marsy Apr 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Edit: just to clarify it is 24K UNI$ per year. So once exceeded you will get 0 Uni$ for subsequent spend.

Oh my... that's only S$12,000 spending for the whole year..
Will have to buy a lot before 1 June then

Marsy Apr 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Couldn't find tnc link though, the one on UOB site doesn't work http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/pe...sa_apr2014.pdf

Can share the link?

carrotjuice Apr 20, 2014 12:41 am

Originally Posted by lalaisgongon (Post 22729049)
I heard that one of their perks include 1 for 1 business class tickets on certain airlines?

Not sure. I personally don't pay too much attention to this as it almost always means 2 go 1 on full fare.

lalaisgongon Apr 20, 2014 3:15 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22731160)
Not sure. I personally don't pay too much attention to this as it almost always means 2 go 1 on full fare.

Hmm is this from personal experience, I know amex charge use to use full fare. Read in another forum, that they are quite reasonable. someone bought sin- usa on emirates for 6k for 2 tickets. That seems pretty attractive ?

lsed Apr 20, 2014 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 22730828)
Couldn't find tnc link though, the one on UOB site doesn't work http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/pe...sa_apr2014.pdf

Can share the link?

Cant share the source unfortuantely.

But this limit also affects the paywave part of the card.

I would think it is time to signup for the Visa Signature card as it seems they also give 10X for paywave

SQ319 Apr 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Edit: this applies for Paywave as well!

Essentially,

Online + Paywave = no more than 24K UNI$, that's $12k spending per year?!?!?! Seriously? That works out to only $1000 spending per month... Does that mean that once you earn 24k per calendar year, you won't even be eligible for the "regular" $5 spend for UNI$1??

Time to direct my online shopping to Citi Rewards...