FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

aster Mar 26, 14 9:12 am

Yup. As an "adjustment."

lingua101 Mar 26, 14 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22587139)
A slight correction, it was 45k miles (but need to pay them for the Mileage Program Fee and the Annual Fee).

and yet they only offer fee 20,000 points (not even miles). sure will cancel this card in october

SingaporeDon Mar 26, 14 11:45 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22590430)
Seems like they've just mass-voided all previous EZ-link transactions (stemming back to 2003) made using PPV.

May be a good idea to redeem points for miles quickly so they don't have anything to take back?

aster Mar 26, 14 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 22592191)
May be a good idea to redeem points for miles quickly so they don't have anything to take back?

Definitely. And keep checking the UNI$ regularly, because it wouldn't be surprising if they send it into negative figures and just wait until you make the balance up.

carrotjuice Mar 26, 14 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22591065)
Yup. As an "adjustment."

I don't see any "adjustment" on my latest statement. Have you called them to find out if this is really pertaining the EZ Link? If so, is it for manual top-ups or EZ reload?

vsepr Mar 26, 14 7:54 pm

http://www.anz.com/resources/f/9/f96...df?MOD=AJPERES

ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card complimentary airport limousine departure transfer extended till 31 December 2014.

SQueeze Mar 26, 14 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22590922)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aster

Seems like they've just mass-voided all previous EZ-link transactions (stemming back to 2003) made using PPV.

How did you determine this? Was this shown on your latest statement?

I haven't checked my statement yet but if PPV miles are indeed retracted, there would have been at least 20K evaporated. Didn't notice something like it when I checked and redeemed 3 days ago. In fact was surprised that my UNI$ balance went up unexpectedly quite fast.

My statement won't come till early April so the last statement is anyway before the 19 march you were saying.

SQ319 Mar 26, 14 8:42 pm

I wonder if they have been reading this thread and covering all the loopholes we have discovered.

eriond Mar 26, 14 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if transactions on Groupon SG are considered "online" in the context of UOB PPV and DBS WMC?

carrotjuice Mar 27, 14 12:58 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22595310)
I wonder if they have been reading this thread and covering all the loopholes we have discovered.

Maybe. But I reckon they monitor HWZ more intently as definitely more beans are typically spilled on that forum...

carrotjuice Mar 27, 14 12:59 am

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 22595895)
Does anyone know if transactions on Groupon SG are considered "online" in the context of UOB PPV and DBS WMC?

Yes when I last checked pre CNY.

feizhu Mar 27, 14 3:04 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 22595239)
I haven't checked my statement yet but if PPV miles are indeed retracted, there would have been at least 20K evaporated. Didn't notice something like it when I checked and redeemed 3 days ago. In fact was surprised that my UNI$ balance went up unexpectedly quite fast.

My statement won't come till early April so the last statement is anyway before the 19 march you were saying.

My statement came 23rd March and no such issue. Just checked and my uni$ balance is still the same.

SQ319 Mar 27, 14 8:05 pm

Is there any real benefit for me to apply for Citi Premiermiles??

I currently hold UOB PRVI, PPV, PPAmex, ANZ Travel, Maybank Horizon Platinum.

I am thinking of Citi Premiermiles to replace my Maybank Horizon Platinum At 2miles per $1 spend, the redemption rate is the same as Maybank. Now that Maybank no longer offer free miles conversion I am reluctant to spend with them anymore.

Aster, please update post 1 to reflect the $25 charge for Maybank Horizon Platinum.

ETA to add - after I wrote this post, Citibank called me up to ask me if I am interested in the Premiermiles card. However, they are not offering anything other than the fee waiver and insist that I have to apply for 2 credit cards + Ready Credit in order to qualify for the free gift. The frustrating thing is that they mentioned the welcome gift upfront that will get if I apply for the card, then proceeded to sell me the Ready Credit then proceeded to sell me another card and then told me no free gift if I dun apply for all 3 products. Such dodgy selling tactics. I rather walk into a branch straight and get my card straightaway and give the commission to the branch staff who serve me than these telemarketers.

Marsy Mar 27, 14 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22601747)
Is there any real benefit for me to apply for Citi Premiermiles??

I currently hold UOB PRVI, PPV, PPAmex, ANZ Travel, Maybank Horizon Platinum.

I am thinking of Citi Premiermiles to replace my Maybank Horizon Platinum At 2miles per $1 spend, the redemption rate is the same as Maybank. Now that Maybank no longer offer free miles conversion I am reluctant to spend with them anymore.

Aster, please update post 1 to reflect the $25 charge for Maybank Horizon Platinum.

ETA to add - after I wrote this post, Citibank called me up to ask me if I am interested in the Premiermiles card. However, they are not offering anything other than the fee waiver and insist that I have to apply for 2 credit cards + Ready Credit in order to qualify for the free gift. The frustrating thing is that they mentioned the welcome gift upfront that will get if I apply for the card, then proceeded to sell me the Ready Credit then proceeded to sell me another card and then told me no free gift if I dun apply for all 3 products. Such dodgy selling tactics. I rather walk into a branch straight and get my card straightaway and give the commission to the branch staff who serve me than these telemarketers.

I just applied citi PM, they have promo for 3 miles per $1 for oversea transaction recently.

SQ319 Mar 27, 14 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 22602314)
I just applied citi PM, they have promo for 3 miles per $1 for oversea transaction recently.

Do you have a link to this promotion? I can only find this one - http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s5.pdf

However it has ended in January 2014.