FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

LuisHK Mar 20, 14 12:43 am

Is it true that ANZ's personal internet banking can now be used to manage transaction details, limits and balances?

vsepr Mar 20, 14 12:49 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22515558)
https://sg.anz.com/apps/anz-travel-c...iles-partners/

Take note!!

For this ANZ Double miles promotion at www.booking.com, for prepaid hotel rooms, meaning once you book you pay and non-refundable, it is the hotel that charges the room, hence will not show "booking.com" on credit card statement, but show the hotel name. So will not earn double miles.

If prepay at www.agoda.com, choose pay now, the merchant name is agoda.com, hence will earn double miles.

I have 1 experience each at both websites.

Basically if just book hotels at those website and pay at hotel after check out, will not earn double miles. So beware!!

For this promotion, if you book at the participating websites and the charge was made by the hotel and you want the double miles, please email the hotel booking confirmation to [email protected]

In your email, quote this promotion and the problem you are facing, meaning charged at participating websites but transaction was made by hotel instead. They will credit you the bonus Travel$ in a few days, faster than the normal wait of 6 weeks after each calendar quarter!!

I sent my email on 17 March 2014 and I got my bonus Travel$ with a follow up phone call today, 20 March 2014.

demue Mar 20, 14 8:48 pm

Wow what a convenient and streamlined process. Good promotion, but their fulfillment capabilities are really so last decade.

demue Mar 20, 14 9:01 pm

So what are the gripes with the Citibank Premiermiles Amex other than the lower acceptance of Amex cards? I looked at the same Visa one and obviously like the 1.4mls on domestic spend better than 1.2mls. the 267S$ fee for 15K mls is quite a decent 1.78c/mls.

I also got an invite for the Citi Prestige card and do find the Visa with 1.4mls local spend intersting, but 535S$ for 25K mls is not that appealing at 2.14c/mls compared to the Premiermiles Amex. I would get 10% Relationship bonus on my spend, but not sure that improves it that much. I got plenty of Visa cards so leaning towards the Amex.

Thoughts? Did I overlook something? Many thanks.

lingua101 Mar 20, 14 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 22561051)
So what are the gripes with the Citibank Premiermiles Amex other than the lower acceptance of Amex cards? I looked at the same Visa one and obviously like the 1.4mls on domestic spend better than 1.2mls. the 267S$ fee for 15K mls is quite a decent 1.78c/mls.

I also got an invite for the Citi Prestige card and do find the Visa with 1.4mls local spend intersting, but 535S$ for 25K mls is not that appealing at 2.14c/mls compared to the Premiermiles Amex. I would get 10% Relationship bonus on my spend, but not sure that improves it that much. I got plenty of Visa cards so leaning towards the Amex.

Thoughts? Did I overlook something? Many thanks.

Based on some comparison I did in HKG some months ago, the PM Amex seems have "worst" exchange rate compare to PM Visa. Of course this is not an apple to apple comparison, i.e. I use 1 card on 1 transaction and use another card on the later transaction on the same day, as I cannot use both card to pay the same purchase :)

SirJman Mar 21, 14 12:12 am

Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 22555912)
Is it true that ANZ's personal internet banking can now be used to manage transaction details, limits and balances?

Who knows, since we still can't register for online banking if we only hold a CC...I'm 26, and have held a credit card since I was 18 (back in Canada), and this is the very first time I've not had internet banking access. It is really strange to not be able to check my purchases/authorisations on a daily basis. :td:

http://www.anz.com/resources/9/7/976...df?MOD=AJPERES

Volasia Mar 22, 14 3:04 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

The only thing you can check on Anz website is the last statement and balance of points. Nothing else. You can have access by opening a savings account, one of the best rate in Singapore.

hclee01 Mar 22, 14 5:22 am

Just checking if anyone has any problem loading Ezlink card online?

I tried various PCs and Mac Book as well as different browsers and keep encountering this error message after Java is loaded:

SecurityException

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main.jar:
http://services.ezlink.com.sg/Ez_Onl...gnedHunter.jar

lcpteck Mar 22, 14 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 22567819)
Just checking if anyone has any problem loading Ezlink card online?

I tried various PCs and Mac Book as well as different browsers and keep encountering this error message after Java is loaded:

SecurityException

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main.jar:
http://services.ezlink.com.sg/Ez_Onl...gnedHunter.jar

Someone replied your hwz post with the solution. Works fine.

Linkster Mar 23, 14 8:32 am

hello..

just wondering if the Citi Prestige Card is any good in terms of miles earning?

Earn 5 Citi Dollars (=2 Citi Miles) for every S$1 spent overseas, and 3.5 Citi Dollars (=1.4 Citi Miles) or every S$1 spent locally.
Earn 62,500 Citi Dollars (= 25,000 Citi Miles ) when you become a Citi Prestige Card member.

MilesBuzz Mar 23, 14 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 22572623)
hello..

just wondering if the Citi Prestige Card is any good in terms of miles earning?

Earn 5 Citi Dollars (=2 Citi Miles) for every S$1 spent overseas, and 3.5 Citi Dollars (=1.4 Citi Miles) or every S$1 spent locally.
Earn 62,500 Citi Dollars (= 25,000 Citi Miles ) when you become a Citi Prestige Card member.

I did not apply for this as I got the UOB PRVI Miles (AE). 2.5 miles/S$1 overseas and 1.6 miles/S$1 for local (albeit rounded down to nearest S$5).

The welcome offer is also so-so. The 40k miles for HSBC Visa Infinite is better and I just know that I can use the HSBC Visa Infinite to also apply for the Hilton HHonours Gold Card. So, the card turns out to be quite handy :)

lcpteck Mar 23, 14 9:48 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22572866)
I did not apply for this as I got the UOB PRVI Miles (AE). 2.5 miles/S$1 overseas and 1.6 miles/S$1 for local (albeit rounded down to nearest S$5).

The welcome offer is also so-so. The 40k miles for HSBC Visa Infinite is better and I just know that I can use the HSBC Visa Infinite to also apply for the Hilton HHonours Gold Card. So, the card turns out to be quite handy :)

Quite true, the Prestige card is a World Elite Mastercard which doesn't seem to have as much benefits as Visa Infinite it seems.

demue Mar 24, 14 3:08 am

True, I didn't go for the Citi Prestige MC either as I found the benefits somewhat lacking. I mean give at least free Priority Pass with unlimited visits then you are talking. The HHonors Gold from the HSBC Visa Infinite is handy I agree.

I went for the Citi Premiermiles Amex replacing my now cancelled KF Gold Amex (yes after years ;)) due to the 1.4mls for local spend and free first year fee waiver. That is after I finish my 1.5K S$ spend on the Amex Rewards which then goes into the drawer. Most places I want to use it in SIN take Amex and for the few that don't I have plenty of other Visa cards.

Overseas I will continue to use my Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa at 2mls : 1$ to reach 24K S$ annual spend to preserve the Rewards Infinite for the 10x RI points EzLink top-ups. Once that one goes away or EzLink stops being a 10x partner I'll think about smth else.

Thanks to others for their inputs.

demue Mar 24, 14 3:09 am

deleted

eriond Mar 24, 14 3:38 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22572866)

Just fyi, the HH Gold status is good only for one year. Doesn't last forever like the one that certain Amex Plat Charge card offers. :p