FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

MilesBuzz Mar 12, 14 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 22509858)
I have it, but I hate that they don't have online access and to be honest compared to DBS, AMEX, Citi, HSBC etc., their customer service is not that great. Just my experience.

I am also a bit hesitant to apply for it. But considering I have an impending trip to AUS at the end of April (and perhaps NZL at the beginning of July), will probably only use the card for that particular periods.

vsepr Mar 13, 14 5:38 am

https://sg.anz.com/apps/anz-travel-c...iles-partners/

Take note!!

For this ANZ Double miles promotion at www.booking.com, for prepaid hotel rooms, meaning once you book you pay and non-refundable, it is the hotel that charges the room, hence will not show "booking.com" on credit card statement, but show the hotel name. So will not earn double miles.

If prepay at www.agoda.com, choose pay now, the merchant name is agoda.com, hence will earn double miles.

I have 1 experience each at both websites.

Basically if just book hotels at those website and pay at hotel after check out, will not earn double miles. So beware!!

MilesBuzz Mar 14, 14 8:32 am

Did the unthinkable in the past 2 days in terms of applying for 4 CC (after hesitating for some time) :P They are namely: DBS Women World MasterCard, ANZ Travel Visa Signature, Citibank PremierMiles AE, Citibank Rewards.

So, here's my strategy of using the cards:
Grocery shopping & whenever Paywave is accepted - UOB PPV

Online transactions - DBS Women World MasterCard (up to S$2k)

Airline tickets purchase on SQ and MI - same as above (up to S$2k), if it's above S$2k,
use ANZ Travel Visa Signature (up to S$5k). If above S$5k, use Citibank PM AE

Retail shopping local (online, local department stores, M&S, H&M, Zara, etc) - Citibank Rewards

Dining local - UOB PRVI for those which accept AE, UOB PPV for those which accepts PayWave, and perhaps ANZ Travel for others that are not covered. I am still hesitant to apply for UOB PP AE (which offers 10x for dining).

Retail overseas (not online) - either UOB PRVI or ANZ Travel (if I am traveling to Australia & New Zealand)

Bills payment - I only have SP & Starhub which I am using the DBS Altitude to settle. Do suggest a good alternative if there's any.

There are still 2 other cards which I am shelving (KF AE Ascend and HSBC Visa Infinite). Applied for both just to get the welcome offers (with no spending so far for the HSBC Visa Infinite, except for paying the annual fee).

Anything that I have missed out so far?

Linkster Mar 14, 14 8:36 am

which card should i use to pay my SingTel bills?

tboons Mar 15, 14 5:39 am

Amex Rewards welcome offer. 1.5k within 3 months. Just spent 1560 on air tickets and other stuff. I think it's about 7-8miles/dollar

After that welcome offer, ditch the card :-)

carrotjuice Mar 15, 14 7:06 pm

My ANZ travel card is coming close to end of first year. What is the experience of getting the following year's S$200 principal + S$100 supplementary annual fees waived? I'm not keen to pay these for a measly 12,000 miles.

fern76 Mar 15, 14 7:28 pm

"Unthinkable move" :)

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22522848)
Did the unthinkable in the past 2 days in terms of applying for 4 CC (after hesitating for some time) :P They are namely: DBS Women World MasterCard, ANZ Travel Visa Signature, Citibank PremierMiles AE, Citibank Rewards.

Airline tickets purchase on SQ and MI - same as above (up to S$2k), if it's above S$2k,

Retail shopping local (online, local department stores, M&S, H&M, Zara, etc) - Citibank Rewards

Dining local - UOB PRVI for those which accept AE, UOB PPV for those which accepts PayWave, and perhaps ANZ Travel for others that are not covered. I am still hesitant to apply for UOB PP AE (which offers 10x for dining).

Retail overseas (not online) - either UOB PRVI or ANZ Travel (if I am traveling to Australia & New Zealand)

Bills payment - I only have SP & Starhub which I am using the DBS Altitude to settle. Do suggest a good alternative if there's any.

There are still 2 other cards which I am shelving (KF AE Ascend and HSBC Visa Infinite). Applied for both just to get the welcome offers (with no spending so far for the HSBC Visa Infinite, except for paying the annual fee).

Ditto on the "unthinkable move". Now realise I really need to remember which card to use for what.

Had a huge hospital bill to settle this past week. Damn silly that the AMEX Ascend didn't come earlier else will have achieved the welcome gift of 35k miles easily. :td:

The DBS Women's, UOB PP and Prvi cards came quickly enough tho.

Have a dining bill to settle for a big group at a hotel later on. Doubt they will be listed as a restaurant but will use the UOB PP AMEX and hope for the best. :p

Got some insurance bills to settle soon. Looks like the only way to get some miles out of those is via CB on the AXS machine.

Last 2 cards to apply for are the HSBC Infinite and AMEX Rewards. Think I will give CB Rewards a miss or make DH apply instead since he has a r/ship with them.

slacker Mar 15, 14 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22531152)
My ANZ travel card is coming close to end of first year. What is the experience of getting the following year's S$200 principal + S$100 supplementary annual fees waived? I'm not keen to pay these for a measly 12,000 miles.

They likely will waive it, but without the 12,000 miles.

fuschia Mar 16, 14 2:20 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22522848)

for payment of telco bill, i use dbs women card to pay via vbox to earn 10x
retail overseas can use citi rewards too if it's dept, shoes, bag or clothes category

vsepr Mar 16, 14 5:17 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22531152)

Ask for wavier for the supplementary card but pay the principal card's $200 annual fee!

After you get the 12,000 Travel$, redeem them for cash rebate!!

Every 275 Travel$ = S$5!!

So you get S$215 cashback!! (if redeem 11825 Travel$), earn S$15 cashback + 175 Travel$)

Or you redeem S$200 cashback for 11000 Travel$ and earn 1000 Travel$ in the process!!

https://sg.anz.com/onlineapp/travel_rewards/redeem.jsp

vsepr Mar 16, 14 5:22 am

Originally Posted by slacker (Post 22532002)
They likely will waive it, but without the 12,000 miles.

Don't ask for waiver for the S$200 principal card annual fee for ANZ Travel Card!!

Pay the S$200 and get 12,000 Travel$. Redeem 11,000 Travel$ for cash rebate at a rate of 275 Travel$ = S$5 to get back your S$200 you paid and earn 1000 Travel$ in the process!!

slacker Mar 16, 14 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22532650)
Don't ask for waiver for the S$200 principal card annual fee for ANZ Travel Card!!

Pay the S$200 and get 12,000 Travel$. Redeem 11,000 Travel$ for cash rebate at a rate of 275 Travel$ = S$5 to get back your S$200 you paid and earn 1000 Travel$ in the process!!

You are really the expert for ANZ Travel Card, haha.

My previous renewal was last year Sept/Oct, and the rate of Travel$ for cash rebate has since changed drastically. I am wondering if this rate would be sustainable for ANZ in the long run?

lcpteck Mar 16, 14 9:12 pm

Yeah, anything about the ANZ Travel Card, just ask vsepr. :)^

I just paid the S$200 annual fee, let's see when does the 12k miles comes in.

Volasia Mar 16, 14 10:32 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

It makes me think that this travel card is even really good as a cash back card! Really the card to have.

carrotjuice Mar 16, 14 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22536389)
Yeah, anything about the ANZ Travel Card, just ask vsepr.

I just paid the S$200 annual fee, let's see when does the 12k miles comes in.

Intriguing! Arbitrage has never been that easy. ;)