FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Jan 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 22155662)
The dreaded 31st Jan deadline for property and income tax draws near too. Dont suppose anyone has figured out a replacement payment method to earn points now that the DBS Altitutde payment at AXS no longer works...?

Yes, both Diners Club and DBS cards do not give points anymore for IRAS property tax payment and there are NO cards that give points for IRAS payment.

The only good thing you can enjoy is to defer payment for the Property tax by 1 month when using credit cards to pay, meaning extend the payment deadline by paying to the credit card instead.

carrotjuice Jan 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22155792)
The only good thing you can enjoy is to defer payment for the Property tax by 1 month when using credit cards to pay, meaning extend the payment deadline by paying to the credit card instead.

Rather than defer for 1 month, since no points are earned anyway, I have just opted for monthly GIRO to spread payments over the year.

SQ319 Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22155849)
Rather than defer for 1 month, since no points are earned anyway, I have just opted for monthly GIRO to spread payments over the year.

+1 here. GIRO is the most convenient for any payment which does not earn any miles/points, imo.

hclee01 Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22155849)

If you have a Diners Credit Card, you can pay via interest-free instalment plan too:
http://www.dinersclub.com.sg/en/merc...ce/lta/faq.asp

Volasia Jan 14, 2014 10:10 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

How about the tax facility from ANZ? Has anyone tried? I failed to understand how it works.

vsepr Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm

^

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22135927)
Ok....will let you all know how many Citidollars was awarded when the charge gets posted a few days later on Citibank Online.

REALLY HAVE!! I was awarded 150 Citidollars for the $15 charge made on 11 Jan, posted online today 16 Jan!!

11/01/2014

SINGTEL-MYBILL SINGAPORE SG

SGD 15.00

Will try on M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg and let you all know in a few days time!!

vsepr Jan 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22162549)
^

REALLY HAVE!! I was awarded 150 Citidollars for the $15 charge made on 11 Jan, posted online today 16 Jan!!

11/01/2014

SINGTEL-MYBILL SINGAPORE SG

SGD 15.00

Will try on M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg and let you all know in a few days time!!

M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg also have 10x Citidollars with Citi Rewards Card!!

16/01/2014 M1 LTD INTERNET PAYMEN SINGAPORE SG SGD 5.00

Charge made on 16 Jan posted online today 19 Jan!! Awarded 50 Citidollars!!

I suspect any internet payment transaction with SMS-OTP required will be awarded 10x Citidollars, regardless of whether it is an online shopping website selling shoes, bags or clothes (local and overseas) or not.

Anyone tried vBox? www.vbox.com.sg

stiwi Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22179611)
M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg also have 10x Citidollars with Citi Rewards Card!!

16/01/2014 M1 LTD INTERNET PAYMEN SINGAPORE SG SGD 5.00

Charge made on 16 Jan posted online today 19 Jan!! Awarded 50 Citidollars!!

I suspect any internet payment transaction with SMS-OTP required will be awarded 10x Citidollars, regardless of whether it is an online shopping website selling shoes, bags or clothes (local and overseas) or not.

Anyone tried vBox? www.vbox.com.sg

But that would mean that you can get 4 miles/$1 for topping up Imagine / Fevo cards...? Someone mentioned that Starhub bill didn't earn 10x rewards.

vsepr Jan 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22180792)
But that would mean that you can get 4 miles/$1 for topping up Imagine / Fevo cards...? Someone mentioned that Starhub bill didn't earn 10x rewards.

Don't know about Imagine/Fevo cards and Starhub online bill payment because I don't have them.

But now confirm that SingTel mybill and M1 Internet Bill payment have 10x points with Citi Rewards Card.

I suspect www.vbox.com.sg maybe have 10x points too. But someone needs to try it.

carrotjuice Jan 20, 2014 4:37 am

If I use my Imagine Amex to top up an EZ-Link card for $100, would this be considered the $100 spend for the month to earn the 5% rebate capped at $5? Anyone tried this?

Volasia Jan 20, 2014 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 22156850)
How about the tax facility from ANZ? Has anyone tried? I failed to understand how it works.

anyone ?

stiwi Jan 20, 2014 8:47 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22186774)
If I use my Imagine Amex to top up an EZ-Link card for $100, would this be considered the $100 spend for the month to earn the 5% rebate capped at $5? Anyone tried this?

I don't think you can use Amex card for EZ-link top up unless you are talking about EZ-Reload which is automatic. But yes it would earn, internet, local or overseas spend would qualify.

SQ319 Jan 21, 2014 1:43 am

Anyone has any idea on how sticky Citibank is with regard to its minimum income requirements? A friend was trying to apply for the Premiermiles CC and was told that high chance of rejection for not meeting their min income and the staff basically refused to assist with the application because income req was not met (even though it was v close)

OT a little - I hate talking to Citibank call centre staff. They are the worst staff I have come across with the worst attitude and worst follow up.

percysmith Jan 21, 2014 2:28 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22192706)
OT a little - I hate talking to Citibank call centre staff. They are the worst staff I have come across with the worst attitude and worst follow up.

Citi is a global bank in that respect...we call them Shxti CS http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...w.php?id=10305

LuisHK Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22192706)
Anyone has any idea on how sticky Citibank is with regard to its minimum income requirements? A friend was trying to apply for the Premiermiles CC and was told that high chance of rejection for not meeting their min income and the staff basically refused to assist with the application because income req was not met (even though it was v close)

They're strict if you're a new customer. If you had a lower grade Citi cc with good spending patterns they are usually more generous.

As on the call centre people, it's a hit or miss - had encountered really good, helpful, knowledgeable ones and some really irritating lot.