FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

chrispstan Oct 24, 13 2:49 am


Originally Posted by LAX888 (Post 21658761)
Can I also redeem my miles on MH, BR etc. using my VISA PM card? On the VISA PM website it only shows the existing carriers... Or are the new additions only for miles accrued on the AMEX PM?

You just need to call the hotline. Just transferred miles from my Citi PM Visa card to my Enrich account.

LAX888 Oct 24, 13 2:50 am

Thanks a lot. Will do this as well then if I am transfering some miles soon.

vsepr Oct 25, 13 1:52 am

I emailed Citibank at:
[email protected]

Here is their reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We regret that currently only the Citi PremierMiles AMEX card offers
transfer to Etihad, EVA Air, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda, IHG and Hilton.
Citi PremierMiles VISA cardholders and Citi Dollars earning cards like
Citi Rewards Card & Citi Clear Platinum VISA card are unable to transfer
their Citi Miles and Citi Dollars to these new FFPs.

We hope this clarifies.

Thank you.


Yours Sincerely

Dewi Sapine (Ms)
Client Correspondence Services

"This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify us immediately; you should not
copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person."


Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Citibank,

There are new FFPs added since the launch of the Citi PremierMiles AMEX
card and they are: Etihad, EVA Air, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda, IHG and
Hilton.

I would like to find out if current Citi PremierMiles VISA cardholders
and Citi Dollars earning cards like Citi Rewards Card & Citi Clear
Platinum VISA card can transfer their Citi Miles and Citi Dollars to
these new FFPs.

At the Citi Rewards website: http://www.citibank.com.sg/citirewards/,
under "Frequent Flyer" there is no option for these new FFPs to select
from. It only shows the usual 5 FFPs: Asia Miles, KrisFlyer, Royal
Orchid Plus, SkyMiles and British Airways Executive Club.

At the new rewards catalogue page 14 & 15, it shows the list of FFPs
including the new ones:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/cred...alogue2013.pdf


I called up your card centre and your Citiphone officers have been
giving conflicting answers. Some say yes, some are not aware of such new
FFPs and some say no.

Please check on this issue and revert to me via email.

Thank you,

vsepr Oct 25, 13 1:57 am


Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 21659752)
You just need to call the hotline. Just transferred miles from my Citi PM Visa card to my Enrich account.

Please let us know when the miles has successfully reached Enrich. Thanks

LuisHK Oct 25, 13 2:43 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 21665604)
Please let us know when the miles has successfully reached Enrich. Thanks

Looks to be a case of confusion amongst Citi Frontline staff.

Anyway I don't see much value of Enrich due to their horribly high YR/YQ. Anyone care to advise the benefits? (I'm aware this is a KF thread, but briefly?)

luv_flying Oct 25, 13 2:55 am

I don't think Ms Dewi can be trusted. Many information that she obtained are directly from the website. She hardly makes the effort of checking from the marketing team. That was my past experience.

carrotjuice Oct 25, 13 6:09 am


Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 21665709)
Looks to be a case of confusion amongst Citi Frontline staff.

Anyway I don't see much value of Enrich due to their horribly high YR/YQ. Anyone care to advise the benefits? (I'm aware this is a KF thread, but briefly?)

But occasionally, very occasionally, as in the case shortly before they joined OW, there was a 50% discount on all redemptions across all classes... and their A380 to LHR and CDG are very nice indeed with good availability.

vsepr Oct 26, 13 1:17 am


Originally Posted by luv_flying (Post 21665752)
I don't think Ms Dewi can be trusted. Many information that she obtained are directly from the website. She hardly makes the effort of checking from the marketing team. That was my past experience.

Really waste my time emailing them...:mad:

Dear Mr .....


Thank you for your email.

I sincerely apologise for the inaccurate information provided in my
previous reply with regards to the Citi Dollars redemption for the new
Frequent Flyer program.

The redemption mode is via CitiPhone Banking officer or via Citibank
Online login via CitiCard (ATM Card) or Credit Card number and the
related ATM PIN. To send us a secured message, please click on the
mailbox icon at My Home, then "Compose New Message" and quote the number
of Citi Dollars /Member ID/ Redemption code requested.

We hope we have answered to your queries.

Thank you.


Yours Sincerely

Dewi Sapine (Ms)
Client Correspondence Services

"This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify us immediately; you should not
copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person."

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Dear Dewi Sapine (Ms),

Thank you for your email. I can accept your reply that miles from Citi
PremierMiles VISA cannot transferred to the new FFPs. However, please
refer to new rewards catalogue page 14 & 15 at
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/cred...RewardsCatalog
ue2013.pdf
or the attached file.

The rewards catalogue is for Citi Dollars earning cards like Citi
Rewards Card & Citi Clear Platinum VISA card.

It shows the full list of FFPs including the new ones like Etihad, EVA
Air, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda, IHG and Hilton.

Could you advise how to transfer the CitiDollars to the new FFPs? At the
Citi Rewards website: http://www.citibank.com.sg/citirewards/,
under "Frequent Flyer" there is no option for these new FFPs to select
from. It only shows the usual 5 FFPs: Asia Miles, KrisFlyer, Royal
Orchid Plus, SkyMiles and British Airways Executive Club.

Thank you,
Mr .....

aster Oct 27, 13 5:42 am

Has anything changed with regards to the ANZ Travel Visa and being able to check your transactions via internet banking?

hclee01 Oct 27, 13 6:20 am


Originally Posted by aster (Post 21675915)
Has anything changed with regards to the ANZ Travel Visa and being able to check your transactions via internet banking?

Right now, you can check the statemented transactions on your current month statement. However, for the transactions after the current statement is not viewable online.

E.g. If your statement date is on 20th of the month. If you login today, you will be able to see the transactions that have appeared on your statement dated 20 Oct 2013. For transactions after 20th Oct 2013, you will not be able to view online.

SQ319 Oct 28, 13 10:03 pm


Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21633699)
I have just used my Visa card last week in Shanghai. I have ticked off RMB and in the end, when I log to the Internet Banking to check, it is billed in SGD without the RMB amount indicated. :(

Just received my CC bill. Had 4 transactions in Beijing - the 2 transactions which were made in the hotels was billed in SGD (Even though I have ticked off RMB). However, for my retail and restaurant transactions, they were still billed in RMB.

It seems that this DCC issue is only prevalent in hotels where there is very high usage of overseas issued credit cards?

lingua101 Oct 28, 13 10:08 pm


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 21685752)
Just received my CC bill. Had 4 transactions in Beijing - the 2 transactions which were made in the hotels was billed in SGD (Even though I have ticked off RMB). However, for my retail and restaurant transactions, they were still billed in RMB.

It seems that this DCC issue is only prevalent in hotels where there is very high usage of overseas issued credit cards?

I forgot where I read, but I think percysmith has posted before that it seems some merchant bank has disable to feature not to DCC.

lcpteck Oct 28, 13 10:09 pm


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 21685752)
Just received my CC bill. Had 4 transactions in Beijing - the 2 transactions which were made in the hotels was billed in SGD (Even though I have ticked off RMB). However, for my retail and restaurant transactions, they were still billed in RMB.

It seems that this DCC issue is only prevalent in hotels where there is very high usage of overseas issued credit cards?

Just out of curiosity, which CC did you use and which hotels you used it at?

I had DCC in The Astor Hotel in Tianjin when using Citibank PM card. Initially I used UOB PRVI Amex but it had some issues and claimed it did not go through hence switched to Citibank PM. Filed a dispute with Citibank, now will have to wait for the outcome.

Interestingly I used Citibank Rewards at a Timberland shop and it was billed in RMB directly. So your theory looks right. :( Usually I would use UOB PRVI Amex for overseas hotels.

SQ319 Oct 28, 13 10:31 pm


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21685778)
Just out of curiosity, which CC did you use and which hotels you used it at?

I had DCC in The Astor Hotel in Tianjin when using Citibank PM card. Initially I used UOB PRVI Amex but it had some issues and claimed it did not go through hence switched to Citibank PM. Filed a dispute with Citibank, now will have to wait for the outcome.

Interestingly I used Citibank Rewards at a Timberland shop and it was billed in RMB directly. So your theory looks right. :( Usually I would use UOB PRVI Amex for overseas hotels.

I've used my Maybank Horizon Platinum at 2 different IHG Hotels in Beijing. Based on the earlier pages, looks like there is no point calling Maybank to dispute this, as they will just deny responsibility and I don't have photographic proof that I have ticked off RMB.

I remember telling the hotel staff specifically that I want to be billed in RMB, and they assured me that it would be so and gave me (what I thought was) a funny look about my request. I guess it's auto DCC after the transaction went through and the staff have no idea about it at all.

LuisHK Oct 29, 13 12:56 am


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21685778)
Just out of curiosity, which CC did you use and which hotels you used it at?

I had DCC in The Astor Hotel in Tianjin when using Citibank PM card. Initially I used UOB PRVI Amex but it had some issues and claimed it did not go through hence switched to Citibank PM. Filed a dispute with Citibank, now will have to wait for the outcome.

Interestingly I used Citibank Rewards at a Timberland shop and it was billed in RMB directly. So your theory looks right. :( Usually I would use UOB PRVI Amex for overseas hotels.

Citibank Singapore is pretty well versed in this. Disputing payment will be long process as it is dependant on China side to respond. Hope it turns out well for you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:25 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.