FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

hclee01 Oct 20, 2013 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Marsy (Post 21636016)
what's the t&c for the 20% more bonus? I cannot seem to open the t&c link.

I guess the flexibility of citi miles is about converting to non KF miles. Generally Asia miles / Delta miles values more compared to SQ

Link as follows:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/land...an_Express.pdf

You need to accumulate S$5K of spending by 31 Mar 2014 to receive 20% more miles.

lcpteck Oct 20, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah, this new card is a lackluster. Let's pray they don't kill off the Visa version and the AsiaMiles. Another disadvantage is that no priority pass comes with this Amex version.

Interesting that they included hotel transfer partners IHG and Hilton. Though not really worth the transfer but it gives us consumers more options. Now let's pray that Amex launches the SPG Card. :D

luv_flying Oct 20, 2013 3:21 am

I thought I saw the free priority pass on their homepage..

hclee01 Oct 20, 2013 3:39 am

Originally Posted by luv_flying (Post 21636855)
I thought I saw the free priority pass on their homepage..

Yes, it is still available:
http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...uxurious22.jpg

lingua101 Oct 20, 2013 4:32 am

I asked the Citibank folks at Orchard MRT. They told me no instanst issuance yet. It will take 2 weeks processing time. I will wait 1-2 weeks to avoid same issue with PM visa like 6 years ago.

carrotjuice Oct 20, 2013 4:55 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Citi PM Amex = yawn! (I for one won't be rushing to apply...)

hclee01 Oct 20, 2013 5:09 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 21636999)
I asked the Citibank folks at Orchard MRT. They told me no instanst issuance yet. It will take 2 weeks processing time. I will wait 1-2 weeks to avoid same issue with PM visa like 6 years ago.

Hmm.. what happened 6 years ago?

lcpteck Oct 20, 2013 5:26 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21636891)

Thanks guys, I overlooked.

Marsy Oct 20, 2013 5:44 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21636648)
Link as follows:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/land...an_Express.pdf

You need to accumulate S$5K of spending by 31 Mar 2014 to receive 20% more miles.

Thanks!

So that's only bonus for S$5000. Not really much.

Marsy Oct 20, 2013 5:47 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21636787)
Yeah, this new card is a lackluster. Let's pray they don't kill off the Visa version and the AsiaMiles. Another disadvantage is that no priority pass comes with this Amex version.

Interesting that they included hotel transfer partners IHG and Hilton. Though not really worth the transfer but it gives us consumers more options. Now let's pray that Amex launches the SPG Card. :D

The hotel point transfer rate is very poor, especially to IHG points. With the current Big Win promo one can easily earn 30K IHG points with a few stays. But at least there is an option... Wondering when we will have cc program for hotel specific card

LuisHK Oct 20, 2013 10:07 am

They mention 70 airlines.. I wonder who had the full list.
http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...lexibility.jpg

So far based on what I read, the offer is very disappointing. It looks like they are killing PM VS for good and only offer PM Amex going forward. A plot to push people to Citibank Prestige?

I definitely won't rush to get this new card - maybe a chance for me to look elsewhere for good meaningful miles... Prestige is an option, but I found the monthly fee too high.

Other Banks maybe?

hclee01 Oct 20, 2013 11:15 am

Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 21638016)
They mention 70 airlines.. I wonder who had the full list.

The 70 airlines refer to the full line of airlines under the various FFP that you can redeem miles for. For example, under KrisFlyer, you can redeem for tickets on SQ, SQ partner airlines and rest of 27 Star Alliance airlines. Similarly for Malaysia Airlines, you can redeem for tickets on MH and the 11 Oneworld Alliance airlines. This is how they derive at 70 airlines.

LuisHK Oct 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21638297)
The 70 airlines refer to the full line of airlines under the various FFP that you can redeem miles for. For example, under KrisFlyer, you can redeem for tickets on SQ, SQ partner airlines and rest of 27 Star Alliance airlines. Similarly for Malaysia Airlines, you can redeem for tickets on MH and the 11 Oneworld Alliance airlines. This is how they derive at 70 airlines.

I see absolutely no benefit on the new card.

Am very much wary about Amex due to its high overseas charges and lack of merchants. Then again, if I'm not so against Amex I might as well take up UOB PRVI Miles, my spending will gain the 20k bonus with no problem.

kaysquare Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Yikes! No Amex from Citibank please! DBS issued an Amex card only to come up with the Visa version not too long later.

No other benefits I see from getting this card over the Visa PremierMiles one.

And I so dooo hooopppee for an SPG co brand card.

vsepr Oct 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 21636480)
But ANZ service is lousy. I paid for the annual fee and 2 statements already still hav not shown my bonus point.

This card is good to be used in China. No need to worry about local currency.

I will get this card. What is the fastest way to get it

You need to keep calling them up to follow up and pester them or even email them: [email protected] for the 12,000 bonus miles. I asked for fee waiver, hence did not pay the S$200 annual fee.

Yes...ANZ has no internet banking to monitor the card activities. Need to call them to check.

There is NO PERFECT card anyway. Choose the card that suits you most.

For me, these are important:

1. Earns miles for every S$1 spent, not every S$5 spent. Better if take the cents part into calculation before rounding off the miles.

2. All merchants accepts the card like SP Services, VBOX, Subway, McDonald's, Popeyes, hence VISA/MasterCard is preferred.

3. No need to create huge blocks of miles to transfer. In blocks of 1000 miles is still acceptable. Blocks of 10000 & 20000 miles is NOT.

4. If gives 5% rebates for EZ-Link and Grocery at Cold Storage & Giant + FREE Limo ride to airport for charging >S$1500 a month, it's a bonus!

5. At least 2 frequent flyer programs to transfer.

6. 5 years validity for the miles earned is acceptable. If no expiry is better but not essential. But if it expires every June or December the same year like for Maybank Horizon VISA if you are not a Rewards Infinite member and every 2 years for UOB PRVI Miles is NOT.

=> ANZ Travel Cards suits me best!!

Citi PremierMiles VISA I use at AXS machines for insurance premiums payment and overseas transactions. Citi Rewards, Clear and Platinum for their 5x and 10x bonus points at the various merchants like department stores, NTUC supermarkets, Sheng Siong, Starbucks. The miles go to Delta SkyMiles, KrisFlyer or Asia Miles.

For the new Citi PM AMEX, just apply for another FREE Priority Pass card!! Don't intend to use.