FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lsed Oct 1, 13 11:04 am

Anyone tracked spending on points.com transactions? I am going to purchase some miles and wonder which card I should use.

Definitely DBS Women's card but that's capped to $2K.

Does using PPV get 10X or should I be using my PRVI Miles?

Thanks!

jagmeets Oct 2, 13 12:57 am

Prepaying taxes
 
Hi Folks - hadn't kept track of the thread for a while and my apologies for posting this too late.

Putting it here just in case there is another opportunity down the line.

I prepaid my taxes. With DBS Altitude and it seems to have worked just fine (the DBS Points are there in the account - perhaps, they should be moved out asap!).

Somewhat fortuitously, a personal balance sheet reduction exercise a month ago had self and wife paying our taxes for 2013 early in September. As we know what the tax liability for this year is going to be.
(The miles earned were worth more than what the cash would have earned, even if we GIROd).

The points posted just fine. IRAS had called up a few days after the payment to check 'if it was in error' and were happy to keep a credit on our accounts with them for 'future taxes'. Did not try, but I suspect that they might have refunded if requested (just basing off the tone of the conversation with them), atleast till they'd wisened up - like the HK IRD.

(our prepayment had been on intent, so never checked)

And lucky timing for the Asiamiles '+20K' promo for transferring in 100k miles :).

kaysquare Oct 2, 13 4:14 am

Interesting.. So IRAS does call.. Anyway, no more points for DBS cards for IRAS payments already.

Thanks for the update.

waver99 Oct 2, 13 4:41 am


Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21539303)

And lucky timing for the Asiamiles '+20K' promo for transferring in a 100k miles :).

Is this still on-going? If yes could you point me to the website where this promo is ongoing?

TIA.

Cheers.

jagmeets Oct 2, 13 5:18 am


Originally Posted by waver99 (Post 21539775)
Is this still on-going? If yes could you point me to the website where this promo is ongoing?

TIA.

Cheers.

http://communication.asiamiles.com/p...x.aspx?lang=en

discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-partners.html

and in the Credit Cards thread on the CX forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...les-hk-78.html

carrotjuice Oct 2, 13 8:04 pm

RIP DBS Altitude...
 
Surely, now, which is the best way to pay SP Services and continue to earn miles? Citibank doesn't appear to have SP Services as a vendor in AXS.

vsepr Oct 2, 13 8:56 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 21544270)
Surely, now, which is the best way to pay SP Services and continue to earn miles? Citibank doesn't appear to have SP Services as a vendor in AXS.

Go:
Customer Service Centres

Customer Service Centre (HQ)
111 Somerset Road #01-10
TripleOne Somerset

Singapore 238164



Mon to Fri: 8am to 6pm
Sat: 8am to 1pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays



Customer Service Centre (Woodlands)
900 South Woodlands Drive
#03-07 Woodlands Civic Centre
Singapore 730900



Mon to Fri: 8.30am to 5pm
Sat: 8.30am to 1pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays



Customer Service Centre (HDB Hub)
480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
#02-08 HDB Hub

Singapore 310480



Mon to Fri: 8.30am to 5pm
Sat: 8.30am to 1pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays


And pay with any banks' VISA & MasterCard!!!

carrotjuice Oct 3, 13 5:21 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
My petrol cost to drive there isn't worth the miles generated!!

yosithezet Oct 3, 13 9:42 am

Can someone clarify for me whether you can do multiple Tap & Tops online to the same EZLink card before heading to an OCBC ATM to do the top up?

hclee01 Oct 3, 13 9:44 am


Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 21546940)
Can someone clarify for me whether you can do multiple Tap & Tops online to the same EZLink card before heading to an OCBC ATM to do the top up?

You have to proceed to the OCBC ATM to do the top-up before you can do another top-up online.

lcpteck Oct 3, 13 9:25 pm


Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 21546952)
You have to proceed to the OCBC ATM to do the top-up before you can do another top-up online.

I think they want us to exercise more.

*pokes belly

kunk00 Oct 4, 13 1:10 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
i read a lot in this thread. Nobody talk about foreign exchange fee. Is there any foreign exchange fee free credit card in singapore? ALTHOUGH some of cards give more miles for foreign spending, 3% surcharge makes it useless.Thanks!

lcpteck Oct 4, 13 1:17 am


Originally Posted by kunk00 (Post 21551228)
i read a lot in this thread. Nobody talk about foreign exchange fee. Is there any foreign exchange fee free credit card in singapore? ALTHOUGH some of cards give more miles for foreign spending, 3% surcharge makes it useless.Thanks!

I believe all credit cards issued in Singapore have foreign exchange fee. Do correct me if I'm wrong. :D

yosithezet Oct 4, 13 2:15 am


Originally Posted by kunk00 (Post 21551228)
i read a lot in this thread. Nobody talk about foreign exchange fee. Is there any foreign exchange fee free credit card in singapore? ALTHOUGH some of cards give more miles for foreign spending, 3% surcharge makes it useless.Thanks!

How does it make it useless? What is my alternative? I earn money in Singapore and I travel abroad. I'm not about to carry wads of cash with me and deal with finding a place to convert it and then worrying if I've convereted too much or too little.

Does it make it less valuable? Sure. Is it annoying? To an extent. Useless? I don't see how it is useless.

kunk00 Oct 4, 13 3:23 am


Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 21551375)
How does it make it useless? What is my alternative? I earn money in Singapore and I travel abroad. I'm not about to carry wads of cash with me and deal with finding a place to convert it and then worrying if I've convereted too much or too little.

Does it make it less valuable? Sure. Is it annoying? To an extent. Useless? I don't see how it is useless.


Sorry for misunderstanding. I also have US credit cards without foreign exchange fee. I did have some local singapore credit cards, which are great in singapore but useless in foreign countries just for me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:29 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.