FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

yosithezet Sep 22, 13 6:27 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 21484332)

Can I combine my UNI$ from different credit card into one account?

I have several cards and only one UNI$ account. Does it matter who you bank with?

tboons Sep 22, 13 8:39 am

oh thats good haha. just to check, if i use the preferred platinum card for groupon traveldeal, will i get 10x rewards?

lcpteck Sep 22, 13 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 21484837)
oh thats good haha. just to check, if i use the preferred platinum card for groupon traveldeal, will i get 10x rewards?

You're referring to the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa?

I'm not sure, wonder if anybody has confirmed this yet. Don't see it listed in my spreadsheet as well (in my signature).

lsed Sep 23, 13 1:19 pm

What kind of "limos" have you guys been getting with your UOB PRVI Miles card?

Last month I had a Merc Passenger Van that could sit 10 - 12 pax. It a Malaysia registered vehicle and the whole van reeked of cigarette smoke.

Last week I had a Toyota passenger van which while clean and 'pimped' up on the inside with a big LCD tv. I could not see out the front of the vehicle and the seats were so cramped.

I understand it is free, but don't advertise a limo and then send us a crappy van!
I almost felt embarrassed pulling up at the SQ FCL in that vehicle.

lcpteck Sep 24, 13 2:52 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21491119)

Last month I had a Merc Passenger Van that could sit 10 - 12 pax. It a Malaysia registered vehicle and the whole van reeked of cigarette smoke.

Last week I had a Toyota passenger van which while clean and 'pimped' up on the inside with a big LCD tv. I could not see out the front of the vehicle and the seats were so cramped.

I understand it is free, but don't advertise a limo and then send us a crappy van!

I have not tried it yet. That sounds terrible! :eek:

davide13 Sep 24, 13 3:00 am

Thx. for all your replies. Unfortunately I will not beat the 80k this year so some cards will be out for me. Transfer minimum of 20k miles seems to be a bit too high for me as well.

In this case, I think I should go for the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa, ANZ Travel Visa or Citi PremierMiles Visa.

Which of the cards would you recommend to me? Thanks in advance

chrisksc Sep 24, 13 7:51 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 21491119)

You may read my post #1126 in this thread

Awesom Andy Sep 24, 13 11:21 am

I now find it very difficult to pay $500 on a travel-related item on the Amex card. Virtually all of my travels are booked online - using those 4 miles per online $ cards.

There also seems to be a few new card launches, while not for miles, they give 6% rebates for online spendings (with certain conditions). Spending $500 would give $30 in rebate already, enough for a taxi to the airport from roughly half of SIN.

lcpteck Sep 24, 13 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 21482490)
Just curious, can you overpay your taxes before the rule change?

In HK we regularly overpay our bills for miles. This is exacerbated by one bill payment bank (Fubon) setting a minimum of HK$300 for bills.

About 10 years ago some folks regularly paid $10 million into their IRD (IRAS) accounts then demanded a refund from the IRD, the IRD realised what was going on and made the refund process a lot more painful and notified the banks of taxpayers/cardholders who did this.

However these days we just overpay our tax and other bills if there's a good enough promo on and not demand a refund - use the Cr balance to meet future bills (obviously we have to have some money in our hands earning little return to do this).

Worthwhile for DBS AXS payments before they stop awarding points for AXS?

Yes, I've read in our local forum that people do overpay the taxes and sometimes they would get calls/queries from the IRAS. :p

percysmith Sep 25, 13 3:28 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21500244)
Yes, I've read in our local forum that people do overpay the taxes and sometimes they would get calls/queries from the IRAS. :p

I once phoned my IRD assessor to request my Notice of Assessment early in order to start paying taxes early. I was asked for reason and I said card offer. The assessor obliged.

Overpayment - I suppose if you explain to IRAS what you're doing, and assure the IRAS you will not seek refund for overpayment, they will have no issue? After all you won't be a tax delinquent if you voluntarily prepay!

cmdsea Sep 25, 13 9:04 am

With effect from 1 October 2013, Bill Payments using a DBS Credit Card via the AXS terminals will cease to earn DBS Points.

Aww Man, I knew this was too good to last but this is devastating news... :( Every quarter I have been paying my company GST bill online with my personal credit card. Takes a couple of weeks to pay the bill with the restriction of the $10k daily limit but has been very lucrative mileage wise. Flew NY-SIN last week in Suites on the back of this and another Suites trip coming up at Christmas. A few miles stored in the kitty but really gonna miss this mileage earning opportunity. Oh well, It was fun while it lasted... ^

Marsy Sep 25, 13 9:41 am

Going to cancel my altitude visa...

MilesBuzz Sep 25, 13 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 21502097)
With effect from 1 October 2013, Bill Payments using a DBS Credit Card via the AXS terminals will cease to earn DBS Points.

Can I prepay for my SP Services Bill and Starhub bills for a year before this service is cut-off, i.e. before October 1?

I did that in HKG for the past 2 years before I moved :)

MilesBuzz Sep 25, 13 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21481684)
How about these 2 cards?

UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Amex - Earns 1.6miles/$ Free limousine service to the airport if more than $500 (per transaction) for the air ticket/hotel.

DBS Woman's World Mastercard - Most miles earned at 4miles/$. Must be an online transaction though.

As mentioned, do look at the first post as well.

I thought for the DBS Woman's World Mastercard, it's limited to the first S$2k per mth for the 4 miles/$ offer?

Awesom Andy Sep 25, 13 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 21506086)
I thought for the DBS Woman's World Mastercard, it's limited to the first S$2k per mth for the 4 miles/$ offer?

That is correct. Although if you're spending that much online every month, you would get another online-spending-bonus card to help spread the load.