Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Promotional fares exSIN $888 to Aust. $1488 to FRA/ZRH/MAN/MUC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotional fares exSIN $888 to Aust. $1488 to FRA/ZRH/MAN/MUC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Thumbs down Promotional fares exSIN $888 to Aust. $1488 to FRA/ZRH/MAN/MUC

Another useless SQ sale.

$888 SGD SIN-MEL return. No KF miles.

Same dates for sale period can get full Emirates Skywards miles for $130 less, or full compliment of QF mile (double as a QF platinum) for only $50 more (would have been $30 less if booked before today).

I guess Singaporeans love SQ so so much that they get away without offering miles when their competitors do. But for me for my 10th such trip in the last 14 months, I'll stick to airlines who value my loyalty.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
You make a good point I noticed that fares on Emirates and QF are much lower than SQ to AUS. That is why we are gravitating towards TG which also includes a stopover in BKK and full mileage of course.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
I often feel that SQ has little interest in pushing their mileage program. Their KF program is unattractive in both earning and redemption (A345/77W/A380 C/F mileage requirements).
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Yeah, forget it. If they don't give any miles, book elsewhere. It's the only way the airline will learn.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They have been in existence for quite a while, they have learned all their lessons, both good and bad.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: sq solitaire;LH-Sen
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Another useless SQ sale.

$888 SGD SIN-MEL return. No KF miles.

Same dates for sale period can get full Emirates Skywards miles for $130 less, or full compliment of QF mile (double as a QF platinum) for only $50 more (would have been $30 less if booked before today).

I guess Singaporeans love SQ so so much that they get away without offering miles when their competitors do. But for me for my 10th such trip in the last 14 months, I'll stick to airlines who value my loyalty.
Yep, I gave up to fly SQ -only when needed.
I monitor increasing deteriorating quality in customer treatment in SQ premium classes.
I have tried once Germany -BKK with OMAN air in BIZ,this route I normally had with SQ(1 stopover in SIN for time adjustment & recovery) . Due to cost reasons I flew with OMAN air . This was one of the best flights I ever had. Comparing to SQ it was First class service in C vs.SQ devote standardized C-service.I bed that even SQ first can not beat this C-class service I have received.
I do hope that OMAN air gets more destinations to serve in future incl. SIN
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Also not impressed by this "great offer".

Price difference for a rtn SIN-LHR between a non-accruing Super Deal and a mileage-accruing Flexi Savel a whopping SGD 887!!

What makes even less sense is that for the same flights I can book a Flexi (i.e. higher, more flexible, therefore usually more expensive booking class) for only SGD 587 more than the Super Deal. This means that a Flexi Saver is SGD 300 more expensive than a Flexi?!

I really don't know why SQ still bother with a FFP - I'm gonna use up my KF miles as soon as I have enough for my next redemption and then jump ship...

If they really only care about BOS, whoever that may be, with no loyalty incentive, then they may as well fully bin KF.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Price difference for a rtn SIN-LHR between a non-accruing Super Deal and a mileage-accruing Flexi Savel a whopping SGD 887!!
I actually hadn't checked destinations other than MEL, but FWIW here is comparison for same period as sale:

SIN-FRA:
SQ $1488 0 KF miles (with a status bonus of 25% of 0 - ie 0 for elites)
EK $1201 12000 Skywards miles (plus any status bonus)
QF $1463 minimum 12,774 QFF miles (up to 25,488 inc status bonus)

Plus QF & EK fares at those price levels are upgradable using points, SQ one isn't. Points and upgrades on SQ come at an extra $500.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I really don't know why SQ still bother with a FFP - I'm gonna use up my KF miles as soon as I have enough for my next redemption and then jump ship...

If they really only care about BOS, whoever that may be, with no loyalty incentive, then they may as well fully bin KF.
I still need to hang onto mine, albeit Silver status will do just fine if I can get *G elsewhere. With any Elite status with SQ I can continue to purchase tickets for others, and I still need a place to offload the miles I earn via credit cards.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
My TA.. said that SQ had lifted restrictions on some (if not all) non-accruing Y tix classes to fully mileage accruable...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by General_Flyer
My TA.. said that SQ had lifted restrictions on some (if not all) non-accruing Y tix classes to fully mileage accruable...
Had or are going to?

Just checked the KF accrual table on the KF website, and mileage earning classes on SQ flights remain the same as they were when I downloaded it in August 2007.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I guess Singaporeans love SQ so so much that they get away without offering miles when their competitors do.
They probably target the leisure travelers who don't fly often enough to care about miles, but value the premium service on SQ.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:16 am

I fly often enough and although I'm not Singaporean I enjoy SQ a lot. Plus I tend to book most out of my flights ex LHR so I get both great deals and mileage accrual.

Just not certain I will be going for KF *G each time. Silver will probably suffice while I make the most of DC while it lasts...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Had or are going to?

Just checked the KF accrual table on the KF website, and mileage earning classes on SQ flights remain the same as they were when I downloaded it in August 2007.
She said 'had'.. Dunno if it is really true... Like you I checked the web, and didn't see any differences.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ung1
They probably target the leisure travelers who don't fly often enough to care about miles, but value the premium service on SQ.
Indeed. My parents fly perhaps 2x a year if at all, and largely w/in the region. Their preferred airline is SQ, since they don't fly enough overall to accrue miles with any FFP, they don't mind spending a little extra for a better flight experience. I think the only time they've made an exception was flying to HKG on CX as they'd just missed an SQ promotion. But at least the alternative is CX. I doubt they'd be willing to switch for any other airline in the region!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.