Wiki Posts
Search

SQ 25: JFK > SIN. Deplane in FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
My last FRA transit experience on SIN-JFK on J Class:

1. Security check on hand carry PRIOR to entering Lounge.
2. Badly lit J Lounge (I think it's called Lufthansa Lounge?) does not have any shower facility or wireless connection.
3. Another rigorous security check at the gate going to JFK.
You were in opposite direction than to OP. Yes usually for SQ 26, the flight would be docked at Gate C 8 or around that. Thus, you would be directed to LH lounge which is near Gate 15-17. And to reach that area, you have to go through security check.
Security check at the gate before boarding is due to US requirement for screening all flights bound to the US.

Back to the OP SQ 25, yes, usually the Gate is B 48.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Has this changed at all with the A380? Where is the best place to shower for an F passenger during the FRA layover
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
I flew in Y on JFK-SIN in 11/2012 and at FRA you deplane separately directly to B46 area without clearing immigration or security (they ask you when you deplane whether you're heading to SIN). I just went to the nearby Senator lounge (F lounge is further away), showered, grabbed breakfast and be back on the plane with no hassle.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know this is old, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Does everyone deplane in FRA JFK-FRA-SIN? Hoping to visit the LH lounge for a shower. Is it possible to select a different seat for the second leg of the flight? or do you have to keep the same one for both segments?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know this is old, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Does everyone deplane in FRA JFK-FRA-SIN? Hoping to visit the LH lounge for a shower. Is it possible to select a different seat for the second leg of the flight? or do you have to keep the same one for both segments?
Yes disembark at FRA and take all your carry-on bags with you. No change in seat between segments. Of course if it turns out the flight is empty enough you may be able to change seats (remaining in the same cabin) after boarding is completed or after takeoff.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Actually you can ask for a different seat assignment for the second leg. If they can't do so at initial check-in they will make a note for the FRA crew to handle it. But it would be subject to available seats (or pax they can move).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Any difference going the other way SIN-FRA-JFK.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pulley
Any difference going the other way SIN-FRA-JFK.
You need to clear security in FRA for SIN-FRA-JFK but not for JFK-FRA-SIN.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
NEW YAWK

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
FYI - it was discussed here :

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Keyword search "Infamous" + "JFK"

Hope u had a good flight; I had an awesome Leading Steward (LS) + his team members on the exact same route this past Aug. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.