Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Drunk young OZ lad in SQ BCN - SIN flight (yesterday?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat

It was all over the news here today. I got a link from a news magazine (in Spanish).

Basically the guy was agressive and threatening the passengers when he was refused on requesting more alcohol. He even tried to open an emergency exit. He was tied to his chair for the rest of the flight and got arrested when they landed in SIN.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Good video, someone should have stuck the nut on him a bit earlier, he has a big nose so it would have made a good target!

I rest my case on people that wear baseball caps on a plane - my only disappointment was that it was not a NASCAR one !
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the SQ Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:26 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

HAHA! Hope he gets banned from flying.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I wonder if he'll be convicted in Sing or just deported. Also, don't airlines share "ban lists," so if SQ bans him then he might not be allowed on BA, QF and a handful of others?

If so then being able to leave the country just took on a whole new meaning.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I rest my case on people that wear baseball caps on a plane - my only disappointment was that it was not a NASCAR one !
But it was an Atlanta Braves cap. Isn't that close enough?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by aster
I wonder if he'll be convicted in Sing or just deported.
The OP indicates he was threatening and abusive to other pax (and crew?), and attempted to open the emergency exit. I think this goes beyond being a bit loud and high spirited and I would expect him to face charges in Singapore.

Not sure how he got into such a state?. The flight departs BCN mid-morning and goes via MXB. Even if he boarded from MXB early lunchtime he would have had limited time at an airport bar, and any alcohol consumed onboard would have been monitored by the crew. The airline tends to be pretty generous with drinks but do comply with responsible serving and would have stopped serving him long before he became that intoxicated.

If his behaviour is the result of combining alcohol with other recreational drugs I guess his problems are really going to start when he touches down in SIN.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
This could turn into a real problem because Singapore law doesn't care where someone took the crap if they are found to be under the influence here, such as after landing at SIN.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:44 am

Idiot.... perhaps should be caned?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Wouldn't he have dried out by the time he got to SIN? Long enough flight to sober up.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:27 am

ButcherBird loosely mentioned the possibility of dope and that could be an additional issue if he is found to be under the influence of that after landing. It will be treated as if he doped up in Singapore, not elsewhere.

If he is found to be intoxicated after landing then that is not an issue - but he will still have to answer for what happened on the flight.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by dsquared37
But it was an Atlanta Braves cap. Isn't that close enough?
Good point, I usually associate it with the tomahawk chopping motion chant wailing thingy that their fans seem to enjoy and it is all making perfect sense now.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:31 am

This boy is going to be a taught lesson he's going to remember... he picked the wrong country to perform his antics. Looking forward to the sentencing !

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Good point, I usually associate it with the tomahawk chopping motion chant wailing thingy that their fans seem to enjoy and it is all making perfect sense now.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Maybe someone from SIN can update us on what happened?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ButcherBird
Not sure how he got into such a state?. The flight departs BCN mid-morning and goes via MXB. Even if he boarded from MXB early lunchtime he would have had limited time at an airport bar, and any alcohol consumed onboard would have been monitored by the crew. The airline tends to be pretty generous with drinks but do comply with responsible serving and would have stopped serving him long before he became that intoxicated.
He's got all the looks of being one of those bring-your-own-booze kind of guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.