Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Change & Seats Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Flight Change & Seats Cancelled

For the last 5 months my trip in January to Bangkok via Singapore has been booked and Preferred Seats ( 71A ) on the A380 Upper Cabin all confirmed cost £60, No problem.. Except 2 weeks ago i had a look on checkmytrip and noticed my connections at Singapore had been changed, I did have a 2 hour wait on the return leg but now i have an 8 hour wait and both my seats have been Unconfirmed, even though the A380 times have not changed.

Regarding the seats I had been paid for I called Singapore Airlines in London and they escalated the matter but after 2 weeks it has still not been resolved, They have said they can no longer guarantee my seats i have paid for, but they might be able to get me bulkhead seats in the lower cabin, But they could not give me a reason why they have unconfirmed my paid seat selection, Has this happened to any of you guys ? Pardon the Pun but do i have a leg to stand on should i wish to cancel the ticket ?

Thanks Guys
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Not sure what the legal implications of it are, but most airlines that I've dealt with gladly offer a refund as a gesture of 'good will.' Especially when its such a long layover, I don't see why SQ wouldn't.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Since you've paid extra (on top of the fare) for the preferred seats you certainly have a right to either be reinstated in good seats or have the fee refunded in full. I would follow this up.

It sounds like there has been a schedule change on the Singapore - Bangkok leg. It is possible that when this happened you may have been moved to another London to Singapore flight and later moved back to your original flight, or perhaps in editing your details they somehow reset all the seating on the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.