View Single Wikipost
    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 20, 8:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Flying for Fun
Wiki Link
Same Day Changes are possible to a departure the day before if you flight is a scheduled red-eye flight departing between midnight and 4:am. It is written into the fares rules.

Fare rules & restrictions
Alaska (AS) RH2OXUMN ANC to SEA
General notes ECONOMY NON-DISCOUNTABLE FARES R APPLIES FOR ONE WAY FARES FOR ADULT

Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions

[...]

C. PASSENGERS BOOKED ON RED-EYE FLIGHTS BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 4AM MAY STANDBY THE CALENDAR DAY PRIOR. .

D.STANDBY AVAILABLE ONLY FOR IDENTICAL ROUTINGS - SAME ORIGIN/ DESTINATION/ CONNECTION/ THRU CITY. CHANGES BETWEEN CO-TERMINALS ARE PROHIBITED. .

E. STANDBY MAY BE REQUESTED VIA WEB CHECK-IN/ AIRPORT KIOSK / OR AN AGENT AT THE AIRPORT. . NOTE - SAME DAY CONFIRMED FLIGHT CHANGE . ALL CUSTOMERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR SAME DAY CONFIRMED FLIGHT CHANGE SUBJECT TO SEAT AVAILABILITY IN THE TICKETED CABIN AT THE TIME OF THE REQUEST. . CHARGE USD 25.00 FOR SAME DAY CONFIRMED CHANGES FOR TRAVEL BETWEEN SEATTLE AND PORTLAND / BETWEEN ANCHORAGE AND FAIRBANKS/ OR BETWEEN SEATTLE AND SPOKANE SHUTTLE MARKETS AND FOR TRAVEL WHOLLY WITHIN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. CHARGE USD 50.00 FOR ALL OTHER SAME DAY CONFIRMED CHANGES. . THE CHARGE IS WAIVED FOR GOLD LEVEL MILEAGE PLAN MEMBERS AND CUSTOMERS CONFIRMED IN F/Y/D/Z CLASS.

Originally, I thought this would only apply to Flights originating in the Anchorage to Seattle Market as that was the only city pair that I was aware of that had red-eye flights departing between Midnight and 4:am, The Anchorage to Portland market would also be eligible.

Scouring some other markets, I see that AS is commencing red-eye service Seattle to Chicago on October 1st with a 12:15 am departure. That would be eligible for a SDC to the day prior.
Print Wikipost