Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Admirals Club discounts - $25-50 off at select clubs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
2009 Admirals Club discounts - $25-50 off at select clubs

I was not going to renew my a/c membership due to the price increase (I am exp so would be $300, up from $250). I have an amex plat card but I didn't mention that and have never used it for access.

I asked at DFW if there were any further discounts available and was given $50 off (back to what I paid last year). The agent indicated it is a formal program. I don't know if it is limited to renewals at DFW, or to exp, hope it is broader than that.

I think it was a wise move in this economy; I am cutting expenses wherever possible and AA's 20% increase had put this membership on the chopping block for me.

Last edited by dstan; Mar 16, 2009 at 9:26 am Reason: update thread title
Old Feb 28, 2009, 4:36 pm

Passed through the DCA club yesterday, was offered $50 if I renewed with them. Took it.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by rbessler
Passed through the DCA club yesterday, was offered $50 if I renewed with them. Took it.
I promised the AAngels at AUS to renew with them. Any news about $50 off there?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
^ I'll be passing through an AC in a few weeks, and my current membership expires in March 2009. If this truly is a "formal" (i.e. system-wide) program, then I will probably take them up on the offer.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG GLD, MR GLD
Originally Posted by rbessler
I'll be passing through there in a couple weeks. My membership expires in March, too. This sounds like something to definitely take advantage of.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was offered the $50 discount at LAX 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Good for you who got the discount. I just paid the $300 online today before mine expired at midnight. I WILL get that $50 out of their hide in visits to the other OneWorld lounges!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:01 pm

Mine expires in March. No offers from ORD and LAX this week nor DFW two weeks ago. I'll ask next time for any offers.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Passed thru DFW last Monday. Was offered $50 off. He said it was the Valentine's Day promotion and that they were extending the discount thru the end of the month. I usually pay with miles and he had no deal to offer me for lowered miles. Mine expires in April and I usually renew in Frankfurt.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by William2005
I was not going to renew my a/c membership due to the price increase (I am exp so would be $300, up from $250). I have an amex plat card but I didn't mention that and have never used it for access.

I asked at DFW if there were any further discounts available and was given $50 off (back to what I paid last year). The agent indicated it is a formal program. I don't know if it is limited to renewals at DFW, or to exp, hope it is broader than that.

I think it was a wise move in this economy; I am cutting expenses wherever possible and AA's 20% increase had put this membership on the chopping block for me.
Why not just use the AMEX card?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How can paying $250 for lounge access when it comes included with the AMEX card be reconciled with the statement of cutting expenses wherever possible?

Dave
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How can paying $250 for lounge access when it comes included with the AMEX card be reconciled with the statement of cutting expenses wherever possible?

Dave
This is the question that I can't seem to answer. There is simply no excuse that I can give myself to renew for $350 in April if the AMEX Plat will still get me in.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), US Silver, PCR Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver

I renewed last September at ORD and was offered the $50 discount. But my credit card charge didn't reflect the discount - and I had lost my receipt by the time I noticed. So watch out for the charge on your CC statement.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: AA: EXP(3MM), Hilton: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by Kinsale
He said it was the Valentine's Day promotion and that they were extending the discount thru the end of the month.
Anybody got this offer today (March)? I'll be flying in two days.

It'll be nice if they could add this offer on top of the $25 discount at IAD.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum - HH Gold - Marriott Gold - SPG Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by njvandy
This is the question that I can't seem to answer. There is simply no excuse that I can give myself to renew for $350 in April if the AMEX Plat will still get me in.
When the AC became available to AMEX Plat card holders, it was a no brainer for me. I let my AC membership expire and upgraded my AMEX Gold to AMEX Plat (I generally have no other reason to have the AMEX Plat). Supposedly, I can't confirm this, during irregular ops, supposedly the AC staff auto rebooks AC members. I think this may have happened with me a few times, but definitely not enough to justify the extra expense in my situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.