Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Miles for insurance policies?

Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond

I'm about to switch both homeowners and car insurance to a new company for reasons unrelated to miles/points. I'm still considering a couple of major nationwide companies, and I was wondering if there is any type of referral service or online company that gives you miles for using their service. I'm thinking something for insurance similar to Lending Tree for loans or Carsdirect for new cars. (I don't want to go with an unknown company just to get miles.)

Any ideas?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
oh, do it!
go to the unknown co just for the miles!
(ha ha--only kidding)

ANYWAY, I too looked for this and did not find much but have instead looked into companies that either take miles-earning cards or have done the things I just talked about in the other post you can see here on asking about miles for paying bills w/ccards.

Good luck.
Anyone know of miles given for buying any ski tickets?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 12:09 pm

I was already using Liberty Mutual, and casually asked if I could us Credit Card to pay - they said yes, but had to be paid in full. Always doing that anyway, the miles are free, 30 day float, and I stay with my company. Win Win!
Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:16 pm

To my knowledge, the following insurance companies accept credit cards online for payment, USAA Progresive & Washingtom Mutual. No doubt there are additional ones since this appears to be a growing trend.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

I love miles as much as the next guy - well maybe not as much as some of you - but anyway.

Lets assume your insurance is $2000 per year. And if you get 1 mile per dollar or $2000. That is worth maybe $40 in miles, give or take, assuming you are "average" and assuming you even use the miles.

My guess is the swing in rates would be bigger than that in most cases. Which is why I did not go with Lending Tree for my mortgage.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:16 pm

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
I couldn’t agree more about paying too much for a few miles. Try AMICA a mutual insurance that pays back dividends to the members that are typically 5-15 % of the total premium.
www.amica.com
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:22 pm
Original Member

State Farm accepts credit cards for payment in full.

------------------
The Personal Travel Experience of Gary Steiger - including how to get free frequent flyer miles on the web.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Is your question pertaining to referral companies or the insurance companies themselves? My reading of your question points me to the referral co's such as those who give you points for using their service to get you a participating real estate agent.

There's another thread going currently that talks about insurance co's that take cc's.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:51 pm

Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by FlyByMike (edited 11-08-2002).]
Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
The Hartford does
Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:00 pm

Allstate does in TX for vehicle insurance.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:15 pm

Allied Insurance in IA, AllState in TX takes credit cards for monthly payments.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:57 pm

State Farm accepts:

Acceptance of Visa® and MasterCard® for insurance premiums - Currently, customers in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin can pay their premiums for Auto, Fire and Health insurance policies with Visa® or Mastercard®, please contact your State Farm agent for assistance. Additional states will be included in the future
Old Nov 8, 2002, 1:43 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Wish this had been posted several months earlier. Insurance premiums tooks such a hike in Calif. that I renogiated businees and worker's comp insurance with State Farm. Saved a bundle as they didn't give me a whole lot of nonsense about workmen's comp for clerical workers doubling due to 9/ll. Paid them off in full,too. Oh well, there's still building insurance coming up.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 7:08 am

Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by FlyByMike (edited 11-08-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.