Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Cars at PHL

I haven't been to PHL in a couple of years? What do they have on the isle now?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there a few weeks ago (early Saturday AM) and the ES had the usual selection. From memory, there were a ton of Malibus, some Camrys and a Volvo S60 (my selection).
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Just to update.....not much selection. Several Impalas, 1 HHR, 1 Journey and 1 Malibu.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 3:09 pm

what type of selection for minivans, or anything else with rear fold down seats? I plan on renting one for the night and sleeping in it on a mileage run in a few weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
Was at PHL on Sunday.

Emerald Aisle had 2 Galants, an HHR, an Optima, and an Aura (with XM which I took - had 13K miles).

Executive Selection had 2 HHR's, an Impala, and a Malibu.

I had a fullsize reservation but the attendant said I'd have to take any fullsize from either EA or ES - no dedicated fullsize aisle.

Szymon
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:28 pm

Any updates to the types of cars available at EA and ES in PHL. I have a full-size pickup on Memorial Day Weekend and was wondering what I could expect?

I'm Executive with National.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by dalapati
Any updates to the types of cars available at EA and ES in PHL. I have a full-size pickup on Memorial Day Weekend and was wondering what I could expect?

I'm Executive with National.
PHL is hit or miss. I've gotten Chevy Malibu's, Pointiac G6's, Grand Marquis's, and Jeep Grand Cherokee's from the EA.

At times there's NOTHING in the EA, and there's a line of people waiting.

Also, one time there was only G6's in the EA, I inquired about something else, and I got a lecture by the EA attendant that Oprah gave away G6's to her entire audience, "If it's good enough for Oprah, its good enough for you!"
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Was at PHL on the 6th and there were a ton of cars on the ES. Problem is most of them were blocked in by the ones in front! The attendant was very helpful (surprised me too) and offered to move some other vehicles.

Just as he was about to do this I noticed a Maxima in the back that wasn't blocked in so I grabbed it - love those cars!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up today at 2PM (Wed). Had a Premium reservation - ended up with a Cadillac CTS (with FL plates - can't even book a Luxury at PHL right now). ES and EA had 3-4 cars each. ES had a Mercury Sable and Ford Edge. EA was Malibu. Other cars of note on the lot were a few Volvo C70 convertibles, Lincoln MKX, and Hummer H3.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
few Volvo C70 convertibles, Lincoln MKX, and Hummer H3.
Were the Volvo, Lincoln, and Hummer in ES or Premium?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Were the Volvo, Lincoln, and Hummer in ES or Premium?
Volvo & Lincoln were in the vicinity of the Premium cars (1 Volvo was directly behind the CTS that they told me to take). Hummer was over in the SUV area (which today had quite a few Tahoes).
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
The last two times I have rented from PHL, probably in the last two months, I have ended up with a Volvo S60 from ES.

They also seem to have a lot of Malibus and Sonatas.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:26 pm

Just returned a Chrysler 300 Touring today (booked a Premium) - not sure why you can't book a Luxury since there was at least 6 Cadillacs all lined up.

Didn't really look at EA/ES at pickup but on the return Wed 1PM noticed a lot of minivans and Impalas in EA. ES had some 300s, Suburbans , Fullsize pickups, and one Honda Accord.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Great selection at PHL this weekend!

Got into PHL around 3:30pm Friday (10/22). Since I've found their ES/EA to be pretty hit or miss, I booked a Premium (at Standard price - yay!) and used a $20 off code from an email. Plus I know that they don't really have any aisles from Standard up. I coyishly asked the lady when I got off the bus where I go for premium and she pointed me to the unmarked aisle next to the EA.

Great selection. Cadillac DTS (w/sunroof and nav), Lexus ES350 (w/nav), Tahoe (LS - :-( ), Town Car, Ford Taurus, a few 300s, and a Lincoln MKX. I took the MKX. Wonderful vehicle!!!! The only negative was someone had smoked in it (obviously a lot) - UGH. People, it's so white trash to smoke in a rental car!!!!!

So, Friday - 4:00pm to Sunday - 3:50pm, Lincoln MKX, Total bill - $42.80. Not bad!!!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:45 pm

I booked a Premium again for pickup on Thurs at 1:00 PM - there wasn't any "Premium Area" - the attendant told me that I had my choice of 2 Grand Marquis or 2 300s (which I took) off the ES. ES actually had a nice variety, in addition to those, I remember 1 Honda Accord, 2 "new" Jeep Grand Cherokee and a few others. EA was a bit "lesser" with Impalas, Malibus, Sonatas, some minivans & SUVs.

That "unmarked" aisle next to EA only had 2 Challengers & 2 Sebring convertibles though. The area right by the office where you get off the bus was more interesting - with larger SUVs & Buick Enclave (not what I wanted for this trip with my mother though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.