Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Cars at EWR

Originally posted by OP_Fav1 in the main thread, added here for flexibility.

Please feel free to add in other cars as you see them.

EWR (Executive Aisle):

Several Impalas - did not see if any were SS
Several Dodge caravans
Grand Prix
Brand new "Jeep" - couldn't tell which one it was
Dodge Journey SXT - with 6500 miles (grabbed this one - nice overall)

That was about it. Returned Sunday and had very good selections, RAV4, 4Runner, etc.,

To my amazement finally saw a Prius at EWR.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:07 pm

EWR - Standard SUV

Hi,

I recently booked a Standard SUV to pick up from EWR at 7:00pm on a Friday. I needed the SUV as we will be having 4 large check in bags for our trip to India from JFK. Also, I was utilizing a free day hence took the larger car for the space. I have a couple of questions about this...

What cars can I expect other than the Chevy Trailblazer at EWR from the standard SUV section...?

and I checked with National about picking up the car from EWR and dropping at JFK, he said for my company's contract id there is no fee. No fees shows up on my reservation also. Any chance of them putting it on later?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Last time I rented in EWR, the ES aisle had a couple of Volvo S60s on it, as well.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I rented from EWR a couple of days ago. The ES and EA was somewhat slim pickings, but the staff there was excellent (especially given sometimes the attitude you get from New York/Philadelphia area). The selection wasn't great, but the guy pointed out an Avalon on ES that I took. There was a Kia Amanti and the Malibus, and a few mid size SUVs on ES. Only problem was I had a Luxury car reserved (free day) and they didn't have any cars available, decided to take the Avalon for the better mileage anyway. My nominal daily rate for the one way was $145 so it was nice to get that taken off for free
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I rented from EWR a couple of days ago. The ES and EA was somewhat slim pickings, but the staff there was excellent (especially given sometimes the attitude you get from New York/Philadelphia area). The selection wasn't great, but the guy pointed out an Avalon on ES that I took. There was a Kia Amanti and the Malibus, and a few mid size SUVs on ES. Only problem was I had a Luxury car reserved (free day) and they didn't have any cars available, decided to take the Avalon for the better mileage anyway. My nominal daily rate for the one way was $145 so it was nice to get that taken off for free
Nice to hear it went well for you. I've heard some awful things about the EWR location.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
EWR National Lot

My recent EWR experience has me thinking of going with National for good. I've had a few good experiences with National as of late at PBI, MKE and ACI.

Recently got into EWR National lot at 9pm with a compact reservation. Attendant told me compacts were gone and I could pick anything else I wanted with no charge. He also told me that most compacts are off the lot after 8pm so I should always go with the compact and expect the free upgrade...obviously that's not going to always be the case but I have had this happen to me the past three times at EWR. I took a Galant and was pretty happy with the car... clean and quick and under 11k.

Drop off was super simple... lot was very busy at 10am but the attendants had me out the door and on the Airtran in less then 2mins.^

Also, if you're looking for cheap fuel outside of EWR.... hit up route 22 as there are a bunch of no name gas stations that offer very low prices. Route 22 is very easy to get to/from the EWR area and even the morning or evening rush hour won't find you sitting in a sea of brake lights.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Do you remember what other cars were on the lot?

fyi, this thread will probably be merged with the main "Cars at ewr" thread.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Do you remember what other cars were on the lot?

Saw a few new Kia's... never seen them before, had a futuristic hatchback look to it.

Also saw a couple of Jeep Cherokee's and Galant or two and a few Volvo's I believe. The lot was getting thin and it was super cold out when I was walking the lot so I didn't get too much of a look at what they had to be honest.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: UA MP
It's been a while since I've been to this forum as I haven't been traveling much because of the cut in company travel.

Just wanted to find out if anyone rented from EWR recently, and if so, did you notice what the car selection was like in the Executive aisle?

TIA.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences with a Luxury reservation at EWR?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
Any recent experience at this location (EWR)?

I p/u'ed on a Friday afternoon in July and the best I could find in ES was a Sonata. Lots of them actually. Sonatas are OK, but nothing great.

I have a week(ish) rental starting on Saturday morning...hoping to get a SUV or minivan for LONG drive. Wishful thinking or good possibility?

jay
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Any recent experiences at EWR?

Any experiences, good or bad, to share? I am renting later this week and will be picking up mid-afternoon. Reservation is already a dbl upgrade to a "Standard" size. If they don't have any, does anyone have any recommendations?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
Originally Posted by flying chef
Any experiences, good or bad, to share? I am renting later this week and will be picking up mid-afternoon. Reservation is already a dbl upgrade to a "Standard" size. If they don't have any, does anyone have any recommendations?
Lots and lots of Hyundai Sonatas, but a few Ford Fusions.

Nothing really very special.

I got a brand new Ford Edge when I was there in August, but I had to work hard to get it off the lot. It was in the Emerald Aisle, but the kiosk attendant didn't quite beleive me. She called the lot attendant (who was no where to be found). When they finally connected, he confirmed that it was on the EA, but he was moving the other SUV's out.

The key was to be polite and patient.

Would like to hear what you see there.

Last edited by jwking; Oct 5, 2009 at 7:14 pm
Old Oct 10, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Cars at EWR

Showed up on the 9th....told to go to the "Emerald Aisle" (hoping for Ireland), and was told to pick any car...ended up with a RAV 4 for the price of a compact. About 15 cars to choose from in all shapes, sizes and colours. A decent rental experience.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I was fetching a car when Flying Chef was posting about it.

About 8AM Oct 10th (Saturday morning) - both aisles pretty well-stocked with the usual suspects. Nothing excessively luxurious on either aisle.

ES had a few Impalas, one of those boxy SUV's (Matrix?), a Charger, and a couple of Altimas. I was looking for a Volvo, based on this thread. Alas, no Volvos. One of the Altimas was a hybrid - I took that one.

I didn't pay too close attention to the EA but it was completely full of cars...mostly the standard stuff.

The "Executive VIP" section had two nice Lexuses sitting there. I'm almost embarrassed that I don't know this, but how many rentals/days are required to hit that status? EWR is the first location I've seen with a sign indicating Exec VIP. I've rented National at other NYC locations, plus SFO, IAD, ORD, and other big U.S. locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.