Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SNA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Cars at SNA

I had a car rental from LAX.. it was a prius, the maintenance light went on.. so i called up national who said I can drop it off to the SNA location since that was closest to me and exchange it for another car.

I dropped it off there and the guy told me to choose any car from the ailse..

3 kias,
1 toyota yaris
20 GM cars.. not appealing at all, looked like midsizes
2-3 dodge chargers
2-3 PT cruisers..

i asked him if there was anything better he could do.. or if there was an executive ailse (i am exec).. he just said, no chose from there.. even though i already wasted 1 hour driving back and dropping off the car.. you'd think he'd be more willing to help out..

in the end i took the cruiser but its truely junk.. not sure what i should do now.. have the car till friday.. call up customer service?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:51 pm

Programs: 1P, HH Diamond
Strange, I have had a Prius there several times recently - also many other Toyota (Rav4 - Highlander) in the ex. aisle.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
I've had good luck getting nice Avalons at SNA. I didn't find their selection any different from other LA area airports.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lofwyr
I've had good luck getting nice Avalons at SNA. I didn't find their selection any different from other LA area airports.
went back today and still a pretty terrible selection..

funny thing is i woulda grabbed a midsize instead of a full size if i wasnt getting anything better, but i never think about that.. i just grab whatever from the exec aisle... but these guys dont care about exec vs emerald.. its the same to them.. which annoys me alot.. whats the point in being loyal
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by sadhakim
.. you'd think he'd be more willing to help out..
Not sure what you expect a lot attendant to do. If there are no other cars available, they can't do anything. This is more of a system-wide issue that they should have enough upgrades at each location for Exec's.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diamondback
Not sure what you expect a lot attendant to do. If there are no other cars available, they can't do anything. This is more of a system-wide issue that they should have enough upgrades at each location for Exec's.
they had tons of extra cars.. but they were not on the exec aisle.... they also did not distinguish between the exec aisle and the emerald aisle.. which i dont like..
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wouldn't have let the Prius go for a simple maintenance light - they can fix whatever is wrong when I return the car.

I just completed another Prius rental (reserved/paid, not an Aisle car) - 350 miles for $21 in gas.

There is no other car I want to rent.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by sadhakim
went back today and still a pretty terrible selection..

funny thing is i woulda grabbed a midsize instead of a full size if i wasnt getting anything better, but i never think about that.. i just grab whatever from the exec aisle... but these guys dont care about exec vs emerald.. its the same to them.. which annoys me alot.. whats the point in being loyal
This is so true with LAX. As the place is full of nice vehicles anywhere other than the emerald/executive ailse, I think they prefer renting them out as reserved cars.

So whats the point......
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
An Exec Select reservation entitles one to a full sized car at the midsize rate. If I didn't see anything on the ES or EA that appealed to me, I would shop the full size Emerald Reserve section and see if I could pull from there.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I had a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP there one time. Sunroof and XM radio. Sounds like the OP just came at a "bad" time.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 5:26 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anybody have a recent experience?

I'm planning on using a free day coupon which seems to work on any car type they have. I'm wondering whether to just reserve something like a luxury/crossover SUV or reserve a full size and see what they have in the executive aisle when I get there. Anybody have suggestions?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: National ES
Grab a car you want from the reserve section of the lot. Check the box for Executive Selection on the window tag and drive to the exit. I bet they never even bat an eye.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by jakeflynwa
Grab a car you want from the reserve section of the lot. Check the box for Executive Selection on the window tag and drive to the exit. I bet they never even bat an eye.
Unfortunately at YVR the attendant can see all the Emerald Reserve stalls from his booth and the Premium/Luxury section is right next door to him...
Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:17 am

Nissan CUBE at SNA (John Wayne Regional Airport, CA)

I didn't see a "Cars at SNA" thread so here's my addition.

To our surprise, we were able to rent a Nissan Cube at the Emerald Aisle. It's the 1.8S edition, silver, black interior and has 22XX miles. Decent car, lots of headroom, fairly small trunk, very slow car and has the CVT transmission, which allows for more torque, and an okay turning radius.

Seems like it's a first to have a Cube at the Emerald Isle, amongst the Malibu's and Altimas.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
We were very surprised to find a Volvo V70 station wagon in the Emerald Aisle. It was not in the executive area. Otherwise I have seen some hybrids and minivans in the Emerald Aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.