Is a 50 minute turnaround doable in VCE?

Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Is a 50 minute turnaround doable in VCE?

Would it be possible to fly in on the last flight from LGW into VCE at 21:50 and depart back on the same plane at 22:40?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC lowly blue, various semi-worthless hotel programs.
Although I've not done it, barring huge queues I would have thought so as VCE is a relatively compact (and seemingly well run) airport. If you are going all the way through to landside and checking in again there is a priority security lane on the right hand side of the entrance to security. When I was there last year nobody bothered checking anything on entering this lane but on the assumption that CE would entitle me to use it I went ahead. The queues were minimal anyway, and that was in the middle of the day in peak season.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Cheers!
Sounds like it should be easy then.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Cheers!
Sounds like it should be easy then.
Do consider that last time I was there OLCI didn't operate at VCE - might be different now though.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
That far right-hand lane is for crew and Club Milione members only. I am a Club Milione member and they check my membership card thoroughly every time I go through. As VCE is my home airport, I would say that 50 minutes is cutting it close. BA does have OLCI for VCE now, so if you have OLCI before and do not have any checked luggage, you can go through the "transfers" area. This is immediately on your left after going down the escalator from the gate area. They will re-screen you and you'll go back up the escalator to the gate right away. This helps you avoid the main security lanes. However, at that time of night, I do not know if it will be open/manned. If it isn't manned, then just go outside the double-doors and right up through main security.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:57 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123)

Originally Posted by dg4255
That far right-hand lane is for crew and Club Milione members only. I am a Club Milione member and they check my membership card thoroughly every time I go through. As VCE is my home airport, I would say that 50 minutes is cutting it close. BA does have OLCI for VCE now, so if you have OLCI before and do not have any checked luggage, you can go through the "transfers" area. This is immediately on your left after going down the escalator from the gate area. They will re-screen you and you'll go back up the escalator to the gate right away. This helps you avoid the main security lanes. However, at that time of night, I do not know if it will be open/manned. If it isn't manned, then just go outside the double-doors and right up through main security.
Nobody checked when I went through this lane (only done it a couple of times though), so maybe I was lucky! However, I seem to recall someone saying they had been given a sticker/pass for this lane on an older post about VCE.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:53 am

What about international to international? Has anyone done an ex-schengen e.g. DOH-VCE-LHR where the connection in VCE is slightly over 1 hr?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lywen86
What about international to international? Has anyone done an ex-schengen e.g. DOH-VCE-LHR where the connection in VCE is slightly over 1 hr?
Is this on one ticket?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Probably best to have had this conversation in the thread below to preserve it for future searches.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tions-116.html

It has VCE down as a Very Good B2B.

This is the most recent update on it, from 2 months ago:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28280002-post1612.html
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lywen86
Even if <50 minutes is plenty of time if all goes well... you'll be well and truly stuffed if your plane is an hour late.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
60/70 min connection: only if on same ticket and no particular hurry to reach my destination.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
[deleted - sorry, misread post]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.