Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

New iDine Network Program Rules - and + 5 miles Rate Your Dine thru Dec 31, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New iDine Network Program Rules - and + 5 miles Rate Your Dine thru Dec 31, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Earn 5 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar during our
VIP Rate Your Dine Bonus!

1/1/08 - 3/31/08 (extended through 31 Dec 2008 for MOST participating airlines)

During our VIP Rate Your Dine Bonus, VIP Dining members can earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar on every qualified dine* January 1 through March 31, 2008. That's 10 AAdvantage® miles per dollar spent on your entire bill - tax and tip included. ()

An $87 dinner x 10 miles per dollar = 870 AAdvantage® miles. A $23 dollar lunch x 10 miles per dollar = 230 AAdvantage® miles. It's one of the richest rewards around!

Earning your 5-mile-per-dollar VIP bonus is as easy as 1-2-3.
Dine at participating restaurants when benefits are being offered January 1 - March 31, 2008.

Look for your Benefit Confirmation email after every qualified dine* and click on the link to take a brief survey about your dining experience. Or log in and go to the "My Rewards" page to take the survey online.

Complete the survey within 60 days of your qualified dine** - it only takes about 30 seconds to answer a few quick questions - and you'll earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar spent on the entire bill!

Offer is open to VIP Dining members only. No registration is required. AAdvantage® bonus miles will automatically be awarded after every completed survey. And there's no limit to the number of times you can earn a VIP Bonus or the amount of AAdvantage® bonus miles you can earn.

What's more, the survey is fun to take - after all, who doesn't love sharing their opinion, especially about dining and restaurants!
VIP Rate Your Dine Bonus Terms and Conditions

*Qualified dines are dines at any participating restaurant, bar, or club that take place between 1/1/08 and 3/31/08 during a valid benefit period, and that are paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program.

**Offer is combinable with other AAdvantage Dining bonuses. Offer is limited to U.S. residents who are VIP Dining members at both the time of the qualified dine and upon completion of the survey. Limit one survey per dine. The survey must be completed within 60 days of the qualified dine to earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per qualified dining dollar. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks after you have completed your survey for any bonus miles to post to your account. All account inquiries related to the VIP Bonus must be received by June 30, 2008.

Other limitations may apply. Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions and the latest benefit schedules, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com. All AAdvantage Dining program rules apply.

If you have any questions or need assistance, email us at [email protected] or call Member Services at 1-800-479-5981.

American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months' notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Dining and AAdvantage Hotel are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

©2007 Rewards Network Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The last term that I have highlighted is the only consolation. It appears that they are at least contemplating other bonuses in addition to this one.

Big whoop.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 18, 2008 at 7:09 pm Reason: add extension date again
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:33 am

For the purposes of the promotion, what does VIP mean? The official levels are elite, engaged, and active.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
I'm guessing VIP means Elite.

That's horrible... we've become used to 15 or 20 miles/$ promos, now we're supposed to be excited to get 10 miles/$ ?

Is this just AA, or are other iDines reducing their benefits also?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:12 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by majikTib
That's horrible... we've become used to 15 or 20 miles/$ promos, now we're supposed to be excited to get 10 miles/$ ?
You basically said it - we've become spoiled with all the concurrent promotions this fall. There are few other programs where you can get 10 mi/$ on purchases you'd make anyways on a fairly regular basis (unless you are in the habit of buying a lot of flowers!), so I'll take whatever I can get! I aim for $0.03/mi on my mileage redemptions, so that works out to a 30% discount on dinner - not as good as it's been, but still not too shabby IMO.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Attention all you whippersnappers

Back in the old iDine days 10x was the only earnings option. All participants were once-a-month, and there were no promos at all. I can see 5x (base) + 5x (rating) plus concurrent promos as an okay thing. Significant periods of 5x, and only 5x, will see (nearly) no iDining by yours truly.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, NW, CO
Delta and United are also doing this on their IDine programs.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:33 am

As long as they keep the 10 miles/$ I will continue to aim for iDine Restaurants... but if it turns into 5 miles/$... it will just become an added bonus if I just so happen to eat at an iDine location rather than aiming for them.

I send my wife flowers every month...
20 miles/$ + brownie pts > 5 miles/$

Spending $100 to earn 500 miles isn't enough to direct my dining to specific restaurants. I can earn 250 miles in 15 minutes on OpinionPlace, or send a $25 floral arrangement for 500 miles.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:43 am
SST

RN periodically over the years has threatened us with lower mileage. Each time, I've grieved and groused for about a day, then rationality seeped back into my miles-addled head and I rejoiced at the FREEDOM, EMANCIPATION from the IDINE JONES. (!)

Yes, it seemed like at last I would be off the treadmill of researching, living the various IDine websites, reconciling, and of course eating the slop at a bunch of really marginal restaurants, overpriced to pay for this perk, while occasionally finding a wonderful new piece of gold restaurant (and then praying daily that this great spot would stay with the program, which only about 1 in 3 of the good ones do for any length of time). NOW I would be free to eat anywhere! Any evening! And WITHOUT FIRING UP WINDOWS XP in order to get my marching orders....

But each time, RN/Idine has come back and "modified" their program, re-bribing me with the 10+ miles that seem to be my threshold. And offering boni which cause me to spend $25+, or eat out X times, and get scads of mileage. Between us, we scored almost 100,000 this year spread across various programs. Last I remembered, that was a Business seat to Europe.

So I'm a little skeptical that the new changes will set me free.

I'm waiting, iDine. No, I'm not happy about the new "enhancements". No, I've almost made a New Year's resolution to eat only at iDine restaurants where I *really like the food* (hey, this is San Francisco: I've got a *couple* of decent non-iDine food joints in town; why should I eat badly?). We'll see what you offer. My guess is you'll save a bunch of miles by your new regime..... My guess is you'll also panic in March when you see that folks like me suddenly aren't as "Engaged" as we were...... and you'll come around passing out miles again.

If you think this scenario is likely, I urge you to join me in my resolution, and hasten the response: NO MORE MILES FOR THE BAD OR OVERPRICED FOOD. And I intend to really give it to restaurants that provide bad food or service, ratings-wise, starting now. No more playing nicely. If I have to rate 'em, they're getting the unvarnished truth with both barrels. We'll see how iDine and their participants value "what we really think" about the true joints. Join me. My guess is mandatory ratings could be a short lived "enhancement".

Last edited by SST; Dec 19, 2007 at 6:54 am
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:32 am

^

Thank you for the morning chuckle. Well said.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The above posts were moved into a new thread - given the momentous nature of the new miles-earning rules, they deserve their own thread, IMO. And in a week or two we will see some first-hand experience in posts about how the new rules are actually working.

The older thread with information discussing the new rules (prior to iDine / Reward Network's official announcements,) is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743041

I also "stuck" this thread, and "unstuck" two others - but they can still be found easily by using the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky.

Hopefully this keeps the line of stickies to a minimum, is helpful to the largest number of members, and of minimum inconvenience to the fewest.

Thanks for your continued contributions - our members are numbah one! ^

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 27, 2007 at 8:31 pm Reason: add / edit ;)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

The last term that I have highlighted is the only consolation. It appears that they are at least contemplating other bonuses in addition to this one.

Big whoop.
Throwing cold water on your "whoop": They may not even be contemplating. They could just be considering the bonuses already in place! You know, Hot Deals restaurants, and -- in the case of AA only -- a 500 mile bonus in any month you have $150+ spend if you're elite over at AA, at least through Feb (that's AA's cycle of their elite benefits, and they haven't yet announced the ones for elite status year 2009).
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I rated my first 2008 meal (Priority Club on Jan 2nd) as soon as it posted to my RN account. Now I show a duplicate visit on that date - apparently qualifying - not a promo/bonus one! I rated the joint again, although I have no recollection of the actual circumstances of the visit itself.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I rated my first 2008 meal (Priority Club on Jan 2nd) as soon as it posted to my RN account. Now I show a duplicate visit on that date - apparently qualifying - not a promo/bonus one! I rated the joint again, although I have no recollection of the actual circumstances of the visit itself.
Same here (on an AAdvantage Dining account), except: That's how it shows over at RN, but over at AA the same entry shows as "Dining VIP Bonus" instead of as a duplicate. So this is presumably a display bug (rather than a deeper misclassification) at RN's websites.

(And I guess we shouldn't be surprised at more display bugs at RN's websites in the new year, since in the new year they display the default low-to-high-distance sorting of restaurants wrong too!)
Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:41 pm

I haven't iDined all year - not necessarily boycotting, but not really looking for an iDine restaurant. Had I known what was to come, I would have bought hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards at the 20 mile/$ rate.

Anyone else eating less, now that we have the new rules?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by majikTib
I haven't iDined all year - not necessarily boycotting, but not really looking for an iDine restaurant. Had I known what was to come, I would have bought hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards at the 20 mile/$ rate.

Anyone else eating less, now that we have the new rules?
Bought one for $600.00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.