Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Some restaurants credit only Elite / VIP or Engaged members

Some restaurants credit only Elite / VIP or Engaged members

Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:04 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exclamation Some restaurants credit only Elite / VIP or Engaged members

Just found out the hard way that some restaurants only give rewards to Elite/VIP members . I seem to recall that RN might have listed this in previous versions of the website, but forgot about it and don't see it explicitly indicated now.

Mrs. dstan and I had split a big bill at Whym in NYC for our group holiday party - I maxed out the monthly limit for the restaurant and we put the rest on hers. I'm Elite and got my miles no problem, but she's only Engaged and did not receive her miles. Upon contacting customer service, they informed us that Whym only shows up if you're an Elite member. Sure enough, a search of aa.rewardsnetwork.com for locations in NYC shows 327 if not logged in, 338 as Engaged, and 359 as Elite. Had I known, I'd have tried to put the rest of the dine on another of my cards, but oh well, all the more reason for her to qualify for Elite status asap in 2008!

Apologies if this has been discussed before - I couldn't find a directly relevant thread, but would be happy to ask JDiver to merge if appropriate.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Yes, I found this out the hard way also when not getting a 1500 dollar check split properly with a couple of my non-elite members. I have decided that early in the following year, I am going to take said co-workers to a little Austin, TX coffee shop that has .95 cent cups of coffee, and sit there and make them order 12 and pay for them separately.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:32 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
I have decided that early in the following year, I am going to take said co-workers to a little Austin, TX coffee shop that has .95 cent cups of coffee, and sit there and make them order 12 and pay for them separately.
Mrs. dstan and I are planning on paying for each taco separately during the first week of January
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I also found this out the hard way. Hubby has to missed the 3x1000 bonus. The moral of the story : always log in as the payer and check if the restaurant shows on the list.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:12 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hmm....very interesting. Never heard of it and have never run into this issue. Good to know in case I accidently mislead someone and tell them they can get miles for dining at a restaurant...moral of the story: the iDine website is your friend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.