Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

FAQ Contents: The FlyerTalk Guide to NWA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 4:46 am
Original Poster

If somebody, like Jano, is interested in updating/completing these listings, then he/she is more than welcome to do so for I have requested my account to be deleted/unregistered and thus will no longer be participating on FlyerTalk. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’ve felt for awhile that it’s time to move on. Best wishes to everyone.

This thread is a work in progress. Please add any comments and suggestions!

Many of the questions within this forum are redundant but very useful to others, therefore I thought it’d be best if the information was contained in a series of single, focused, comprehensive threads that are continually updated (I can picture UpgradeMe rolling his eyes! ). This thread will serve as a resource for finding those, and other useful, threads as well as useful websites and answering odds-and-ends questions.

Useful Threads
FAQ: Fare Class Definitions (including which fares are upgradeable)
FAQ: Complete, Comprehensive Guide to Volunteering Your Seat and Getting ‘Bumped’
FAQ: Guide to NWA's Equipment, including Best & Worst Seats

Useful Websites
NWA’s Website
FlyerTalker Jano’s guide to NWA

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 11-05-2003).]
Old Oct 20, 2003, 5:57 am

Great work, IP!

I would nominate "I just reached Silver but NWA's website shows it's only valid until Feb of next year instead of Feb of year-after-next" as a FAQ; I know I've been guilty of asking that question myself back when I was new here
Old Oct 20, 2003, 7:20 am

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
Good idea, IP!

May be you want to include Richie's report.

http://mplsn006s.uswest.net/nwa/Rich...ports?OpenView

best,
mmaddog
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:39 am

All of these FAQ threads you've created are really great contributions, IP, thanks! Here are some of my NW bookmarks.

The WorldPerks award lister is a useful link for finding possibilities for award travel dates. Please be aware that this site often has a lot of popup and popunder windows these days -- make sure you have your browser security settings configured to avoid potential problems.

NWA.com provides the Manage My WorldPerks Account page. This is a one-stop type page to view everything associated with your WorldPerks account and manage your membership. If you've signed up for a points-based promotion like Mile-A-Rama, you can usually track your point balance for such things here.

Sometimes, I use the NWA.com seat maps to help me translate what's on my NW reservation to what's on SeatGuru. Of course, the latter, as IP posted in the seating FAQ, is much more forthcoming about the best and worst seats than the NWA site.

The current promotions page on NWA.com is a good place to get details on all current WorldPerks promos (you can usually sign up online), fare deals, and new routes. Of course, FlyerTalkers are terrific about posting most of the best ones here.

Cybersaver fares come in email and are NOT eligible for WorldPerks mileage credit. If you're still interested, you can sign up on NWA.com. Even if you're not interested in non-mileage earning fare emails, sometimes the newsletters contain information about other promotions that might be of interest to you.

Don't forget about NWA World Vacations. Sometimes they have specials that are worth checking out if you're going to need a combination of flight, hotel, and car. As you probably know from other sites, booking a hotel package with your flight can result in a lower price than booking hotels and flights separately, but not always. Just another shopping point to consider.

For those interested in the biz side of the airlines, the Richard Reports allow you to read recorded messages from NWA CEO Richard Anderson directed to employees. You might also be interested in the Investor Relations page.

Old Oct 20, 2003, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
Great work IP! Thanks

Old Oct 21, 2003, 3:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HollyHP:
Cybersaver fares come in email and are NOT eligible for WorldPerks mileage credit</font>
It's nice to have this FAQ, but don't Cybersaver fares give 250 miles per segment now? When the air-only fares are offered, that is; the page currently up (Tuesday, Oct. 21) says fares must be booked by Sept. 13. The Cybersaver packages (offered regularly, co-branded with Site59) give full miles for the flights, I believe.

[This message has been edited by rove312 (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:05 pm

Bump along with a note that the WPAA (WP Award) lister in my other message is currently down.

Edit: WPAA is back up, currently in test mode, offering some additional capabilities. Beware of popups on this site!

[This message has been edited by HollyHP (edited 11-10-2003).]
Old Nov 5, 2003, 1:06 am
Original Poster

If somebody, like Jano, is interested in updating/completing these listings, then he/she is more than welcome to do so for I have requested my account to be deleted/unregistered and thus will no longer be participating on FlyerTalk. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’ve felt for awhile that it’s time to move on. Best wishes to everyone.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 5:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
....I have requested my account to be deleted/unregistered and thus will no longer be participating on FlyerTalk.</font>
:-( I hope that troll didn't have anything to do with it. All of us newbie's will miss your encyclopedic knowledge of NW.

Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:00 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
If somebody, like Jano, is interested in updating/completing these listings, then he/she is more than welcome to do so for I have requested my account to be deleted/unregistered and thus will no longer be participating on FlyerTalk. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’ve felt for awhile that it’s time to move on. Best wishes to everyone.</font>
I hope you'll reconsider. Your knowledge and generous sharing of it has helped make the NW forum so valuable to all of us.

Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:32 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I have requested my account to be deleted/unregistered and thus will no longer be participating on FlyerTalk. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’ve felt for awhile that it’s time to move on. Best wishes to everyone.</font>

NOOO! Don't go! Why do every good thing have an end? Please reconsider?!

Thanks for your contribution!

[This message has been edited by jiburi (edited 11-05-2003).]
Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
Come on, IP, how am I gonna fight the forces of stupidity alone?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:14 am
R
formerly PrePress420

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bergamini:
:-( I hope that troll didn't have anything to do with it. All of us newbie's will miss your encyclopedic knowledge of NW.

</font>
I'm new, rely on you constantly for info, and would resent some troll causing this .Your energy and imput was probably taken for granted by newbies like me, but your abscence is going to cause a vacuum. Your contributions are what made this a site I visit at least twice a day, truly one of my favorites; in fact, it is one of the few sites I have ever been hooked on...the best to you.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 9:58 am

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
2 part response:

1. Bump for anyone looking for the link to the Bump FAQ (which is awesome, btw).

2. Thanks IP for all your wisdom and help on this board. We have all learned from you, and are sad to see you go.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:40 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
NWA FlyerTalkers

There is a change of URL for "FlyerTalker Jano’s guide to NWA". The new URL is http://red.tails.home.comcast.net/

Please update your bookmarks.

I'll be also doing an update of the web site around the New Year.

------------------
Jano
Home of NWA info page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.