Search

Transit in Halifax

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Transit in Halifax

Hi all,

I will be transitting in Halifax this January. The connection seems right and I am worried about a delay on my inbound flight:

The flights (on Jan 8th) are:

AC 861 LHR 11:05 YHZ 13:50 763 0
-> AC 615 YHZ 15:30 YYZ 16:57 763 0

However, I think the same 763 might be used from LHR all the way to YYZ. Is this correct? Aside from that, is Halifax airport a relatively painless place to clear customs, claim, re-check bags etc?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Duplicate
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
861 becomes 615 (I was on it yesterday), so you won't have to worry about any missed connections. The flight arrives and leaves from the same gate (20/21), which is more or less across the concourse from the MLL. Of course you will have to go through Customs and back through security, but that shouldn't take too long, especially if you're seated near the front. That's the only Int'l inbound at that time.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

thanks for the reply.

i will try and standby for the nonstop LHR-YYZ flight, but if that doesn't work out the stop in YHZ shouldn't be too painful Definately better than stopping in YUL

Cheers,
Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:04 am
Original Poster

I have booked the flight via YHZ. Saved me almost $600 compared to the nonstop LHR-YYZ. I had no idea the MCT for international-->canada was 0:40! My 1:40 connection seems almost too long.

Cheers,
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
ask when checking in about paying the 50gbp change fee and confirming onto the non-stop.

I did that on Wednesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.