Things only BA FT Geeks would spot!

Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Things only BA FT Geeks would spot!

I was mooching through the BA website and via the new adverts for CE and CW sales found my way into the CE online demo.

If you click on the "More room on board" icon you get a pcture of a lady and gentleman sitting in what appears to be a CE A and C seat. The lady in the C seat is reclining. If you actually look at the seats however - they are actually in Euro Traveller configuration - you can tell this because the central head rest is not reclined on her side - which it should be if the seats were in CE configuration.

Bet whoever was taking the pictures doesn't know about convertible seats.......

Any others.....
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
hmm, if i understand you correctly what you're saying is the middle of A&C is not reclined when C is? Im pretty certain the middle stays put when you recline your seat backwards...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
When the seat is in Club mode the middle of the B seat stays upright when A or C are reclined. But the two side bits that are on the B seat in ET mode (and contain the headrests) - attach to the A&C seats in CE mode and therefore also recline. What's happening in this picture is that the lady in the C seat is reclining - her aisle Head rest Ear reclines with her - but her left Head Rest Ear stays upright along with the middle part of the B seat - so it is in ET formation.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
It's an interesting point - I hadn't noticed that (and proud of it! ) - presumably they wanted to make it look as though there was as much space as possible between A and C, and therefore left B as B!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
ah right i understand you now...

perhaps its the new CE seat or theyre revamping all european configuration to the likes of GB Airways where its a lottery what pitch you get if you dont know which seats have what pitch, and they will use the Finnair excuse that more seats onboard somehow makes them more green...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by globalste
perhaps its the new CE seat or theyre revamping all european configuration to the likes of GB Airways where its a lottery what pitch you get if you dont know which seats have what pitch, and they will use the Finnair excuse that more seats onboard somehow makes them more green...

Nah - it's just the people setting up the photo shoot didn't have a bloody clue what they were doing........
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
I was mooching through the BA website and via the new adverts for CE and CW sales found my way into the CE online demo.

If you click on the "More room on board" icon you get a pcture of a lady and gentleman sitting in what appears to be a CE A and C seat. The lady in the C seat is reclining. If you actually look at the seats however - they are actually in Euro Traveller configuration - you can tell this because the central head rest is not reclined on her side - which it should be if the seats were in CE configuration.

Bet whoever was taking the pictures doesn't know about convertible seats.......

Any others.....

Angel - Beloved - if that is the sort of notice that you are taking of such matters, you really do need to get out more. Auntie Pucci is really quite worried about you now.

Would becoming a MUCCI help?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Angel - Beloved - if that is the sort of notice that you are taking of such matters, you really do need to get out more. Auntie Pucci is really quite worried about you now.
Please don't worry too much. When faced with either further changes to the financials in a business case that has been in refine mode for nearly 6 months, or preparing for a presentation at a conference in London next week that a colleague has chickened out of - then spotting things like this comes as sweet relief........ (I'm the sort of geek who spots typos on restaurant menus.

Still my Body Combat class participants are gonna get a hell of a work out tonight as a result of that bloody business case.........
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:38 pm

Did you just blow a definite Mucci-hood there? Most people would have bitten Pucci's arm off for an offer like that!!

Looks like your body-combat class are in for a real treat when you realise what you've done!!!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by robertkg
Did you just blow a definite Mucci-hood there? Most people would have bitten Pucci's arm off for an offer like that!!

Looks like your body-combat class are in for a real treat when you realise what you've done!!!
Forgive him, for he knoweth not what he hath done...

There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth without the city walls!!

Cap70
Old Oct 31, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
On a similar note, of FT-type-geekiness, I spotted a fellow passenger on a flight from AMS last weekend, also recording time of departure... in zulu time.

Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robertkg

I already am a Mucci - one of the first........
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
I already am a Mucci - one of the first........
All Hail The Muccis!

Cap70
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Shucks, You mean I need to link that Singapore_Air 'she'd make a good wife' trip report again...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Capricorn70
All Hail The Muccis!

Cap70

Please add this to your signature so that I remember. EDI Darlig - sorry Pet - maybe time to update your signature too?

Moomba Darling - when you have a moment to update the Roll Call?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.