Wiki Posts
Search

BEY quick turnaround

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
BEY quick turnaround

I've only been once in BEY, and do not really remember the airport layout. Is it possible to do a turnaround between LH3518 a LH3519, staying in the terminal?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 4:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There may be some info in the turnarounds thread over in mileage run forum.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
There may be some info in the turnarounds thread over in mileage run forum.
unfortunately, not a mention even
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
unfortunately, not a mention even
Yes, it should be possible.
Not officially though as you arrive on ground floor and dep is at first floor.
But BEYFlyer can surely assist you what to do in this case
Old Oct 13, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold+, LH HON, Starw Plat, RC Plat
Should be feasible. The airport is small. You can just go to the transit area for the return unless you want a stamp in your passport.
Security on departure prior to check-in can take some time but if you only have hand luggage you can skip the line.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I say forget about the whole turnaround thing and just spend the day and let me take you out for a nice meal ...

I really can't comment about the "transit" area as I've never done something like that. Indeed, it is a small airport and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
I say forget about the whole turnaround thing and just spend the day and let me take you out for a nice meal ...

I really can't comment about the "transit" area as I've never done something like that. Indeed, it is a small airport and it shouldn't be a problem.
Must say I agree - spent 5 days last year in BEY (just before the 'friendly' neighbours from down south decided to pay an unannounced visit), and it was one of the best times I ever had... Fantastic food and absolutely wonderful and friendly people. Getting into the city centre is easy in a cab, everyone are multilingual, and extremly hospitable... just watch it when crossing the street - they drive like madmen :-)
Old Oct 13, 2007, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this thread has nothing to do with Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners) I'm moving this to the middle east forum in travel and dining.

Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:17 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
transit desk is right next to the passport control, just pick up your boarding pass, head through a metal detector and up the stairs to duty free and the lounge, took me 5 mins last time.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I need to transfer in BEY between a CY flight from LCA and an ET flight to ADD. My luggage can be checked through but ET call centre is telling me that they're not sure I could check in and pick up my boarding pass airside and that perhaps it would be safer to go landside for check-in formalities. So wondering whether that means I should get a visa for Lebanon. Can anyone help?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:45 am

Which passport do you hold? Nationals of EU countries, the US, Canada, Australia and a few other countries can get a visa upon arrival at Beirut International Airport. If memory serves me correctly, it is even free of charge.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:04 am

Which passport do you hold? Nationals of EU countries, the US, Canada, Australia and a few other countries can get a visa upon arrival at Beirut International Airport. If memory serves me correctly, it is even free of charge.
Thanks for that. I went back to check the embassy website. It wasn't 100% clear but I now see that it is as you say. So I don't have anything to worry about. Thanks for that. That's why I like FT ^
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:22 am

My pleasure. If you have time and would like to come into the city for a quick bite to eat, do let me know.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:31 am

My pleasure. If you have time and would like to come into the city for a quick bite to eat, do let me know.
I doubt there will be time but I will let you know if I end up coming earlier. Thanks for the offer.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:42 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Best if you ask at the transfer desk to make sure, before heading through to landside.. as all the flights are checked in by MEA agents anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.