Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

What is the Least Expensive Flight on Delta Air Lines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:57 pm
formerly known as daveland
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond

I may need to book a throwaway ticket in order to convert an unused flight credit into a voucher (usable for friends) before I can break it with my own flight. Can someone suggest the best (cheapest) routing? Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:12 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
JFK-IAD, JFK-DCA, and JFK-BOS are all $69 one-way.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Dates vary but $49 BHM to BNA one way is a regular that I see.

Great question by the way. I never thought much about it.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:42 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
With the fare war started by Virgin America, SFO - LAX is consistently $59+tax on DL
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
BHM-PHX $99 round-trip

Didn't price 1-way since needed MR, but would figure to be $49.

Great question. A twist would be cheapest and farthest... i.e. BHM-PHX for $99 is 4,174 miles.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:17 am

Why not book a refundable ticket?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458643
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310444
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:13 am

LAX-LAS is also $69 one way.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
There were some $98 round trips from CMH-PHL/BWI recently but now I can't seem to find them.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Hmm. Thanks, those threads are interesting ..... I believe a refundable ticket bought with a voucher from a non-refundable flight remains non-refundable - *but* does that just mean the money goes back into the voucher credit from the original flight ticket number (as opposed to being lost)?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by daveland
Hmm. Thanks, those threads are interesting ..... I believe a refundable ticket bought with a voucher from a non-refundable flight remains non-refundable - *but* does that just mean the money goes back into the voucher credit from the original flight ticket number (as opposed to being lost)?
It stays non refundable, and also keep in mind that in most cases the expiration date will remain from the original document.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DlRes
It stays non refundable, and also keep in mind that in most cases the expiration date will remain from the original document.
I'm still not sure if that means I lose the money altogether or if I can cancel it and get the money back as a voucher. Let's use this theoretical example:

$1,000 unused flight credit. Buy $100 refundable ticket. Get voucher for $850 ($50 change fee on original ticket). Cancel $100 refundable ticket. Does the voucher credit now become $950? Do I now have an $850 voucher credit plus a $100 unused flight ticket? Will I lose a change fee out of the refundable ticket simply because it was bought with a voucher?

As an aside, DL told me that the voucher expiration date will be 1 year from when I "break" the unused flight credit, not 1 year from the original flight....

Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by daveland
$1,000 unused flight credit. Buy $100 refundable ticket. Get voucher for $850 ($50 change fee on original ticket). Cancel $100 refundable ticket. Does the voucher credit now become $950? Do I now have an $850 voucher credit plus a $100 unused flight ticket? Will I lose a change fee out of the refundable ticket simply because it was bought with a voucher?

As an aside, DL told me that the voucher expiration date will be 1 year from when I "break" the unused flight credit, not 1 year from the original flight....

Thanks.
Ok. the refundable tkt that you purchased with another tkt is the one I'm talking about, the $1000 is it coming from a domestic flight or International? If it's international the original issue date will remain as the expiration date. The new voucher as stated by you will be valid one yr from the date of issue of the voucher.

But Yes once the refundable tkt is issued you don't have to pay the ASC again.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta FO
what's DL regular lowest-priced ticket

Anyone know what route is consistently DL's lowest priced round trip route?

Obviously the occasional sale or whatever could make something lower-priced for a brief time, but does anyone know what route typically always the cheapest for a L,U,T fare? Or a Y or A fare for the matter...

I'd imagine it'd be something that DL flies with great frequency, that also has FL competition....ATL-DCA comes to mind, and i often see it for around $230/round trip, but i imagine there's got to be something cheaper out there...right??
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:10 pm

See previous discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735581
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:10 am

Being from CVG....I see low fares out of DAY...even connecting
thru CVG. I remember an example...I think it was to SAV a coupla years ago...
one way from CVG/SAV was in the $300 range...from DAY/CVG/SAV using the
same acft from CVG/SAV was about $85. Don't know if that still happens today....but, that's my story....lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.