Reload this Page >

777 Vegas Do baby! July 7 in Las Vegas

Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

Per the thread in the Las Vegas forum, which will eventually be linked into this one, It's the once-in-a-century Lucky 7's Vegas Do on 7/7/(0)7! This idea was originally started by Mrp ALERT but I'm going to help him out a bit with it.

Thoughts for the Do:

Saturday morning: Recover from heavy drinking the night before.

11:30 am: Brunch at Green Valley Ranch for those who can make it out of bed. (Update 7/2: Change in plans from Wynn to GVR due to inability to get reservations at the Wynn. Please see posts #36, 62.).

Afternoon: Win big bucks gambling. Or roast at the pool. Or shop away at the overpriced stores along the strip. Hey, we're flexible. For those who want to see Red Rock, we're happy to take a few of you out there.

9:00 pm: Gambler's special at the Hard Rock! Mr. Lucky's has a sirloin and shrimp special for $7.77. No idea what the lines look like, but it's a scene.

All night: Gamble. Or do something else. But remember, what happens in Vegas will likely appear in Flyertalk somewhere.

No event is final yet, so please feel free to put suggestions in along the way.

We're gonna make this the master thread, so hopefully a moderator can lock (but keep available for show) the thread on the Vegas forum once I put the link in. I'll try to update this as often as possible, but please list when you will be there and what activities you would like to attend. For those who will be around the whole weekend or are coming in earlier/later, we'll work something out.

Mike

Definite:
mikeef +1: July 4-6:MGM Skylofts
July 6-8: Westin
As currently planned, we'll be at all events.
uva185: Las Vegas Marriott Suites, 7/5-7/8
Mrp Alert: Native, Attending Sat night and Sunday
EquityMind
Pitflyer+1
SchmutzigMSP Las Vegas Marriott Suites, 7/5-
Juran
Sunnyhere
TravelScholar
NerveEnding

Potential:

Last edited by mikeef; Jul 6, 2007 at 10:24 am Reason: Inability to differentiate between millenium and century
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mikeef
once-in-a-millenium
Actually, 7/7/7 is a once-in-a-century event...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oops!

Mike
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by mikeef
But remember, what happens in Vegas will likely appear in Flyertalk somewhere.
Hahahaha, so true!

OK, I'll be there July 5th - 8th......and I'm flying on US 777 to LAS

Last edited by uva185; Jun 22, 2007 at 12:08 pm
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by uva185
OK, I'll be there July 5th - 8th......and I'm flying on US 777 to LAS
I am flying nk777 back to LAS this coming monday. I am really looking forward to this DO - it should be loads of fun. We should all hit up a night club friday night. I can take care of vip entry into light or studio 54 very easily. Come one, come all.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Jun 22, 2007 at 7:09 pm
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:58 pm

If someone can help me out with a room, I'm all-in baby.

(Providing, of course, my airline of choice has a seat available for a stowaway).
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:25 pm

For anyone considering 3-nights (Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon), you can snag the Marriott Suites LV for ~$95/night using a Buy 2, Get 1 free promo from Hertz. Use the code "HPR" and search for a 3-night stay (incl. a Sat night) and you'll come up with it. It includes the third night on the costs, but they say the third night will be deducted from the bill at check-out (probably so people don't stay 1 or 2 nights at the discounted price and bolt).

The Marriott Suites is located over by the convention center and a little south of the LV Hilton. Right by a monorail stop and only a few blocks walk from the strip. Haven't stayed there myself, but having stayed west of the strip my last time there, it's probably considerably better, especially since the "real" strip hotels I'd like to stay at are well into the $200s per night.

I'm throwing that into my big cauldron of things to consider. I'll be trying to come out Fri afternoon/eve if there are empty seats...which there should be. I hope.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Starwood SPG Platinum, Fairmont Premier
Nice! I already had a trip planned there during that weekend. This makes my first DO. What can I expect?

Count me in!

Joe
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by EquityMind
Nice! I already had a trip planned there during that weekend. This makes my first DO. What can I expect?

Count me in!

Joe
It's Vegas...expect anything!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EquityMind

Count me in!

Joe
Welcome aboard! This is my third Do. Truth be told, there is no particular "level" of expectations other than meeting a group of nice people. Despite the fact that we all have FT as a common thread, I've found that the Do meets rarely center around mileage conversations. Looking forward to having you!

Mike
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:50 am

mikeef, can you add a list of those who are attending to your first post?
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Done!

Mike
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I would be there if I had pulled the trigger on that Delta TPA-LAS $155 deal a few weeks back, but no...I was a few hours late!

Have fun though!!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:43 pm

Flights look good for me to get out either Thursday or Friday afternoon, so I should be there barring something unforeseen. Haven't decided if I need to work on Friday or not.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:36 am

Would anyone be interested in going Jet Skiing at Lake Mead? Ever since I went last summer I have ben dying to go again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.