Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye Blue Top - Another Enhancement

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 5:00 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I think you posh boys are overreacting a little, it could be worse, they could also use SodaClub makers with wine from a 50 pence carton, something like "Chateau migraine"...

Honestly, I'm looking forward to their reaction about all these complaints. 800GBP for a ticket to drink this german crap, nobody will acept that, I guess they switch back to champers soon.
Old May 26, 2007, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Right people we need datapoints. Is this LGW only? Can we get the biz travellers on Tuesday morning to ask for champers just for the sake of?
No it isn't just LGW, It was on my LIN-LHR flight on Thursday.

I never drank the Monopole anyway, since I thought it was vile and revolting, at least without some Drambuie to make a "Pacific Sunrise". That really isn't the point though is it. I paid almost £150 personally over and above a coprorately booked ticket in Y, so for £650 I expect something better than this.

The benefit of CE was always rather marginal, but if further enhancements are coming, I don't think I will bother in future, I will just buy myself something decent to eat at the airport and take it on board.

I also noticed on my outbound and inbound flights that they started the service from the rear of the CE cabin. I thought this was rather strange, since BA silvers and Golds are far more likely to be at the front than the back. On both flights the crew were very obviously taking CE meals down to either Y PAX or their colleagues in the rear galley.
Old May 26, 2007, 9:22 am

I have been in contact with management on this issue and have been assured it is a temporary shortage (The bonded stores have run out completely) due to a problem with the supplier. Apparently they are working to resolve the issue. It's not just LGW I'm afraid either.
Old May 26, 2007, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The crew on my LGW flight to Verona this morning swore it was temporary.

Apparently Ms Raffles has toured their site in Mainz and claimed she liked the stuff. However, the bottle I had was foul - it may be an acquired taste but I have no intention of finding out!

JW Blue and Perrier Jouet were both happily ensconsed in the F lounge this morning so standards have not slipped everywhere.
Old May 26, 2007, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
The crew on my LGW flight to Verona this morning swore it was temporary.

Apparently Ms Raffles has toured their site in Mainz and claimed she liked the stuff. However, the bottle I had was foul - it may be an acquired taste but I have no intention of finding out!

JW Blue and Perrier Jouet were both happily ensconsed in the F lounge this morning so standards have not slipped everywhere.
It was Johnny Red in the LHR T1 F Lounge on Thursday.
Old May 26, 2007, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrawleyInternational
I have been in contact with management on this issue and have been assured it is a temporary shortage (The bonded stores have run out completely) due to a problem with the supplier. Apparently they are working to resolve the issue. It's not just LGW I'm afraid either.
Temporary supply problem my arse. Do McDonalds have temporary supply problems with buns or beef?
Old May 26, 2007, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Well, I have to say I stopped drinking the champagne on CE when Piper was replaced with Monopoo.

It is about as close to sparkling wine as Champagne gets - why they don't at least serve a decent australian sparkling or womething I really don't know. This Bosch crap is beneath the pale.

Stick to a Vodka Ginger Ale, or Bring Your Own Krug.

Sadly, most people don't know what they are drinking anyway (as even our esteemed company proved on that linked flight report) so although it's worth complaining, I don't realy see any change on this policy abck to whta would be a credible CE champagne. Although champagne is an advertised benefit of CE, so they would have to change that of the planned serving plonk fizz longer term.
Old May 26, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by CrawleyInternational
So how 'temporary' is it? May have to have me fill in the First lounge before heading to LIN next week.

FWIW, don't Lufty serve this stuff - or do they even avoid it as well (I do recall they don't do champagne, at least short haul).
Old May 26, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Gentlemen! When they pulled the regional flights you said (well, a lot of you did) "good call BA, not a charity, that's business." So when Willy W@nker said to us in the regions - "f*** off we don't care about your business" that was OK. Now that Willy is saying "f*** off we don't care about your business" when (gasp) you might not even be north of Watford, well .....

Would be nice to think though that we could occasionally stand together ...
Old May 27, 2007, 2:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Yesterday on LHR-AMS I had the last (and only) bottle of Monopole on the flight. My neighbour had the pleasure of the German sparkling stuff... I think the FA said they had a shortage. At least before take-off there was some discussion among the FAs standing in the forward galley about the champagne, couldn't pick up the details.
Old May 27, 2007, 5:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Temporary supply problem my arse. Do McDonalds have temporary supply problems with buns or beef?
As was mentiond I think it's slightly more complex - supplies come from a bonded warehouse, as I think all on board drinks are duty free.

I wouldn't be surprised if this shortage was designed to co-incide with the summer leisure market kicking off.....

Last edited by krug; May 27, 2007 at 5:52 am Reason: aargh! its again!
Old May 27, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Do McDonalds have temporary supply problems with buns or beef
As a matter of fact they do.....during the Liverpool invasion this last week the McDonalds in Athens ran out of burgers!
Old May 27, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by krug
As was mentiond I think it's slightly more complex - supplies come from a bonded warehouse, as I think all on board drinks are duty free.

I wouldn't be surprised if this shortage was designed to co-incide with the summer leisure market kicking off.....
Ok, but what would you do if you ran low on drink....Head over to the local offie and get some more? So they have to pay some duty on it (they do that for the pre-takeoff stuff in CW).

FFS, why can't they load a few full bottles and serve from that? Or send someone to Calais and hit the hypermarket?
Old May 27, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've had the reply to my complaint about this.. something along the lines of "Dear Mr TT1F, we've got lots of complaints to deal with at the moment so it will take up to 28 days for us to reply to you..."

If BA wants to become an el-cheapo airline to compete with Ryanair then fine - that's their choice. But while they have a loyalty scheme that costs tens of thousands of pounds to get to the top tier, along with fares of £800 to Warsaw then they should have the customer relations to back up that kind of customer - i.e. me. I didn't pay £50 one-way for my flight. I spend frankly shedloads with this company each year in CE on shorthaul flights (thank God for VS on long-haul routes) and to be lumped with the daytrippers when I have a complaint in terms of priority is ridiculous and shortsighted. The online comment form doesn't appear to offer choice of Exec Club tier any more, or class of fare paid so how the hell can they identify whether I'm top-tier paying top whack (as I am in this case) or some freeloader looking for £20 to cover their fare. Either way, one month to reply to a complaint stinks.

Last time I flew VS I didn't complain about anything but the guy in the seat next to me had a problem as the laptop power wasn't working for our "block". I wasn't inconvenienced in any way and did not complain but I got a handsigned letter within 5 days of landing with profuse apologies as they were worried I might have been inconvenienced. Now that is customer service how it should be, not some "cut and paste" nonsense lacking in sincerity....

OK - rant over - but seriously this is poor...
Old May 27, 2007, 9:51 am
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
On yesterday's flight BA853 PRG-LHR there wasn't even butter or pre take-off drink, so I better didn't asked for anything with bubbles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.