Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Comp - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
Elite Comp - is it worth it?

I just signed up for a Goldpoints account as I have an upcoming stay at the Radisson Reagan National Airport. I am Gold with Marriott, HHonors and Priority Club. I'm wondering if Carlson will comp me equivilant status in their program, and if so, is it even worth it? Judging from the level of activity on this forum and some previous comments about status recognition I'm not sure.

TIA!
Old May 9, 2007, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I tried getting comp'd, they told me 6-8 weeks. I had a hotel stay in 2. I got once upgraded with my USA gold card in Edwardian hotel. Out of the others, I never received anything extra, not even a "Thanks" To get my gold card, it took a few phone calls (as they never sent a new one after making gold from silver). Though its easy if you stay in SAS and use the USA GPP. It took 2 rooms, 1 night to requalify for gold. If it wasn't that easy, I'd never do it. Plus in Europe the SAS chain are nice hotels.
Old May 9, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
No idea if they will comp you. The only guaranteed benefit is the elite bonus points for $ spent on stays. If you're already booked for the joint, why not request a status match? You might also call the hotel directly to inquire about their policy towards GPP elites.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
dupe posting

Last edited by wonderbret; May 10, 2007 at 11:30 am Reason: duplicate
Old May 10, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Although I will probably regret admitting this later I might as well be honest here. Ive worked for most of the major hotel chains and now manage at a Franchised Radisson hotel. Dont even dream that Radisson is going to treat you with the recognition of a Marriott, Starwood, or Hilton property. It just wont happen. There are rumors going around Radisson Corp. that they are overhauling the rewards system to compete with Marriott Rewards, HHonors, and SPG, but until that happens dont expect the same over the top, out of their way service. Sorry.
Old May 10, 2007, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
Thanks to all that responded. After reading through previous threads on this forum I decided to cancel my reservation and rebook at a IC property nearby. My company's negotiated corp rate at the DCA Radisson was $179, but I ended up getting a less expensive corp rate at the Rosslyn HI for $134, and it includes a free full breakfast and complimentary parking. An added bonus is not having to spread my points around multiple programs, which I try to avoid as I no longer travel as extensively as I once did.

Perhaps if the Gold Points program is improved I may reconsider, but for now I'm happy with HHonors and Priority Club... Marriott Rewards is another story these days.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.