Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

Welcome to the Miles and More Lounge thread! We are pleased to have you here!

This Lounge is modelled after the DL Forum Lounge, but with a local forum flavour and spirit. It is intended as a place for the Miles and More forum community (that's us) to hang out and chit chat, to introduce yourself, to find out what everyone is up to (or not as the case may be), to ask & answer questions that perhaps dont need a new thread for, etc.

oliver2002 and totti (that's me )will be the hosts of this lounge. We are here to provide you with whatever assistance you may need. However, don’t be surprised if, more often than not, your fellow Lounge mates are just as helpful to you — if not more so — as are we.

Hopefully this Lounge will reduce off-topic noise in other threads, which will make the forum easier to use for both regulars and occasional visitors alike.

Before entering the Lounge, please follow the recommended guidelines:
  • Content in mileposts pertaining to the discussion of controversial topics, such as politics and religion, will be subject to editing and/or deletion. Off-topic discussion is allowed in this thread, but remember — this is not the OMNI forum, so please do not treat this thread as such.
  • No milepost padding will be allowed at any time. Excessive mileposts are subject to deletion.
  • As with the other Miles and More forum threads, this thread is subject to the same guidelines, rules, terms and conditions governing FlyerTalk. While we do not like to do so unless absolutely necessary, your hosts, including I, will take action if deemed necessary.
  • Please try to respond to multiple mileposts at the same time by including the quotes in one post. (The new Multi-Quote feature makes it easy to do so.) This helps to reduce the incessant “bumping” of this thread and also may make this thread easier to read.
  • If a different Miles and More forum FlyerTalk thread (incl. The Swiss subforum threads) starts to go off-topic, please continue the discussion in here. It may be helpful and convenient to others if links between threads are also provided — one in a post in the original thread with the words “Continued in the Miles and More Forum Lounge thread” linking to the pertinent post in this thread, and the other in this thread with the words “Continued from the (insert topic here) thread” linking to the pertinent post in the original thread. Reducing the humor and other off-topic discussion in the other threads will help in keeping those threads informative with valuable information for those Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members who are primarily looking for information.
We trust that Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members will use their good judgement, as they have done for the most part in the past, in ensuring that this thread remains civil, with a fun community spirit that may be shared by all.

Last edited by totti; Sep 6, 2007 at 1:08 pm Reason: add oliver2002 as a host
Old May 5, 2007, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Recommended Purposes

Please allow me to explain the proposed purposes for this Lounge.

• If you are new to posting to the Miles and More forum:
  1. Please feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself and meet our members, as well as ask questions pertaining to posting on the Miles and More forum. You will find many of the Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members to be quite helpful, knowledgeable, informative, friendly, intelligent, patient, welcoming — and simply fun, so don’t be afraid or shy! You may use this thread to initiate yourself with becoming more comfortable with posting in the Miles and More forum, while simultaneously getting acquainted with the other Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members. After all, we want you to feel right at home here!
  2. If you have actual questions that relate to traveling or earning miles with Miles and More, we recommend that you please start your own topic after first doing a search on the subject or reply to an existing thread that is currently in the Miles and More forum.
  • If you are an established current Miles and More forum FlyerTalk member, welcome to your new home for “hanging out” with your fellow Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members. Just pop open a cold one and discuss almost anything that is on your mind.
  • If you are an established former Miles and More forum FlyerTalk member, please come back and post in this thread if you have the time. Your fellow Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members most likely miss you...
Sample topics that may be discussed in the Miles and More Forum Lounge include but are not limited to:
  • Anything that has to do with Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian and other partners and the Miles and More frequent flier program — especially topics that do not warrant launching a new thread or “bumping” an existing thread, no matter how ancillary or tenuous the connection. However, we recommend that valuable information pertaining to Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian and other partners and Miles and More program be posted in either a new or existing thread in the Miles and More forum so that it does not get lost or buried in this thread.
  • Discussion about warm and cold nuts.
  • Weather-related topics.
  • Humorous topics, such as interesting ebay offers incl. wasserdischt HON-tags.
  • Requests for the whereabouts of a fellow Miles and More forum FlyerTalk member who has not posted in the Miles and More forum in a while.
Please feel free to use this thread in any way you see fit, provided that you follow the recommended guidelines.
Old May 5, 2007, 3:25 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Nice intro totti ^ ^ ^ .

Long live our new moderator!
Will certainly have heavy use for this feature .
Old May 5, 2007, 3:28 am
Original Poster

So the lounge is officially open now

So come in, relax, make yourself comfortable and have a nice time during you stay.

weero, how does it feel to be the first guest?
Old May 5, 2007, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
At least in this lounge you can find a seat !
Old May 5, 2007, 4:33 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Any mice around here?

BTW: nice νdea.
Old May 5, 2007, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Hopefully is is true for peak times as well but actually it shouldn't be a problem. And don't forget to mention the Spa and showers ^

Originally Posted by fradoc
Any mice around here?
No mice spotted so far…
Old May 5, 2007, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Welcome to the moderator reigns Totti ^

I miss the dragon at the entrance though
Old May 5, 2007, 6:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Is anyone just sitting at the Preludium Lounge at WAW Airport. I am just waiting for my flight back to MUC. They have nice spirits there, but no food offer ...
Old May 5, 2007, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by totti
So the lounge is officially open now

So come in, relax, make yourself comfortable and have a nice time during you stay.

weero, how does it feel to be the first guest?
Who allowed weero in?? Under the concept of weeroism I would have expected the system to crash
Old May 5, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Kiwi Flyer and totti (that's me )will be the hosts of this lounge. We are here to provide you with whatever assistance you may need.
May I have a gin and tonic served to post #11 please?
Old May 5, 2007, 7:35 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by larsll
May I have a gin and tonic served to post #11 please?
I just drink one for all of us here in the lounge !!
Old May 5, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by szg
I just drink one for all of us here in the lounge !!
Gee, thanks. Well... have a nice trip! Going to SZG? Weather here is sort of "it is going to rain" just right now...
Old May 5, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..weero, how does it feel to be the first guest?
Cozy!

No mice far and wide.

And no weeroesque mishap so far - can't complain .

Talking about 'real world' lounge experiences. I recently had two very pre-cyberspace encounters in a UA lounge (ok, I know that it's not LH-ish but it's about lounges). One being my US calling card claiming that as I was calling from a "coin operated phone" they would have to charge me extra, the other one from the SEN line insisting that I have to provide SEN number and pin as I was calling from an "unidentified number".
Which makes me wonder what kind of landlines these folks use in their lounges that other service provider think that they are anonymous pay-phones.

Felt like in a 80s movie about computer and phone crackers ...
Old May 5, 2007, 7:57 am
Suspended

Awesome! Glad it's here. And you're glad that BJ is here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.