GP at Hyatt Place Lombard

Old Mar 26, 2007, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Smile *****

Last edited by nonyflyer; Aug 21, 2013 at 12:03 am
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:29 pm

I've been to several Hyatt Place locations now and would agree with most of your observations. They all feel like they the staff didn't get any Hyatt training.

One thing to point out is that, I believe, late check out is not a benefit of GP. It's up to the individual property.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tummy
I've been to several Hyatt Place locations now and would agree with most of your observations. They all feel like they the staff didn't get any Hyatt training.

One thing to point out is that, I believe, late check out is not a benefit of GP. It's up to the individual property.

This is from the GP page under Gold benefits.

2:00 p.m. late check-out upon request (subject to availability)
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:58 pm

This is from the Hyatt T&Cs.

At Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and in some countries outside of the U.S., the maximum check-cashing dollar amount may vary.

So it looks like the hotel just does not like to cash checks.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:34 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
In my talk with Hyatt, they indicated that there is ALOT of brand integration thats going on with the web site, Gold Passport, etc. to bring all the brands in line "behind the scenes"... it will be a bit before things get completely done, but look for many of the reservation interface/bonus point problems to go away...

if you have problems with a property, do use the Stay Feedback link on the web site...
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt Place is supposed to compete with HGIs, Courtyards etc so we probably should approach it accordingly. While some noise and air conditioning issues will stick around as artifacts of conversion, staff training will take care of service concerns probably within a year or so.
Two major features: TV + Hyatt bed are the reason I'll be coming back as long as the rates remain reasonable.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
This is from the GP page under Gold benefits.

2:00 p.m. late check-out upon request (subject to availability)
Looks like I was wrong. What I think I was meaning to say is that it is not a guarantee, and is up to the individual property to "make availability".
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:53 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I stayed there twice in February and was surprised at how friendly and helpful the staff was! I had no noise complaints. I did feel the breakfast area was overwhelmed (and I was there late each AM). It also has the slowest elevators I've been on in years.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold, Hilton Honors
Love it

I stayed there a couple times just after they opened and LOVED IT. The bed, TV, and Sofa is like no place I have seen. Can't beleive you didn't enjoy it. Doors are loud...but staff was overly friendly.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Posted by Converse34 in another thread:

Hyatt Place Lombard
2 stays a total of 5 nights
Property Rating for Chicago Suburbs - #2
Would stay again

The Hyatt Place Lombard was the original Hyatt Place and again it is exactly identical to all other HPs. Service was great at this hotel and I took advantage of the shuttle each morning and evening to go back and forth to Downer's Grove Metra Station. Everyone was really friendly and remembered our names throughout our stay. Still some of the same feedback from the Itasca property, but not a bad stay. The air conditioning units appear to be original to whatever the hotel chain was before as they are really old and really loud.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.