Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I'm sticking with BA, please deposit your miles here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class

Or your 2-4-1s, MFUs, GUF2s, OB points etc etc. I'll take 'em all.

I've seen it all before. Strikes, lost bags, crappy service yada yada yada. They'll still be here in 20 years time as they were 20 years ago. It comes and goes.

Meanwhile, does anywhere actually remember Super Club? Or, God forbid, First Class? F used to be worse than WT+ and twice the price it is today, FFS. And yet all you ever seem to hear is complaints about how the product is deteriorating. Well, they don't do Krug any more, but then again when they did do Krug you didn't have hordes of FTers doing ex-XXX cheapos, or MFU, or GUF2, or XONEXs. You paid your money you got your Krug and in real terms it was a shedload more money.

So as you leave cabin, please be sure to deposit your unwanted miles with me, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you on another flight with us in a few years time.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you share some of them with me?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

^ ^

An interesting slant on the headline "change for good"
Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
It will probably be just you and me left! Ahh, just like the good old days.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by whmere
Rats. That was going to be MY thread.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
whmere! ^
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
Does anyone recalls the last strike in 1997? The cabin crew walked out and cost BA Ł125m (based on article on the Guardian).

The 2007 strike will be a news article... will sell news papers.... and it will be all forgotten shortly after it is all over. Hopefully it will be all over before my next flight.

One thing that I have learned from travelling... the one with more miles gets to MFU more...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LY Gold, AA, Flying Blue, SPG, Priority Club, HH, too many others !
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Even better - please join my family account, I promise we don't bite (and we even vacation together .... on BA miles, of course)
Old Jan 26, 2007, 2:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by whmere
Or your 2-4-1s, MFUs, GUF2s, OB points etc etc. I'll take 'em all.

I've seen it all before. Strikes, lost bags, crappy service yada yada yada. They'll still be here in 20 years time as they were 20 years ago. It comes and goes.

Meanwhile, does anywhere actually remember Super Club? Or, God forbid, First Class? F used to be worse than WT+ and twice the price it is today, FFS. And yet all you ever seem to hear is complaints about how the product is deteriorating. Well, they don't do Krug any more, but then again when they did do Krug you didn't have hordes of FTers doing ex-XXX cheapos, or MFU, or GUF2, or XONEXs. You paid your money you got your Krug and in real terms it was a shedload more money.

So as you leave cabin, please be sure to deposit your unwanted miles with me, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you on another flight with us in a few years time.

Mr Mere,

Please listen hard to this. I, Pucci Galore, foresaking all "others" (Him Indoors, Tom Cruise, Piers Bosnan, Willy Walsh, Brian Ferry, and for what it is worth Phil the Flyer) will be your tried and tested travelling companion. I will not love you for your miles - but we can make sure that they fly by together.

Oh I know fickle fickle me - but hey - I have my price. All these miles people are discarding - blimey we'll be sitting in First Class for ever.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 5:42 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I have been travelling on *A carriers this year because BA took away our chairman's gold card and he has banned us from flying on BA where an alternative exists.

The experience has actually been quite nice, the airlines are fine, friendly service for the most and nothing untoward has gone wrong. But it isn't BA. Personally I do find BA more comfortable, not just the product, but its homely in a way. I know I can snuggle down, what wines to expect, the best corners in the lounges and so forth. Some of the crew recognise me occasionally which is always nice.

A change may be as good as a rest but I actually can't wait to come back to BA.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
... took away our chairman's gold card ...
Is there a good, juicy story behind this?!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by latitude
Is there a good, juicy story behind this?!
Not really. He retires next year and has been cutting back on his travels. He had planned a final swansong tour round the offices, only before he could book it, BA dropped him to Silver. He isn't a happy bunny about it.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
I have been travelling on *A carriers this year because BA took away our chairman's gold card and he has banned us from flying on BA where an alternative exists.
Brilliant.. I love it when a business decision gets taken for all the right reasons.

Like the company I worked for that built a factory in Devon, as the then chairman had a holiday home there.. priceless.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Some of the crew recognise me occasionally which is always nice.
How is Mark doing these days?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Teece
How is Mark doing these days?
Mark - was that his name

Yes we did meet up for a, let's call it a "beer", and had a very enjoyable "drink" together. I haven't seen him since though. He was just a one night "beer" person.

Since then I have had no inflight encounters so to speak. Although there was an in shower encounter in the Krisflyer lounge at Changi with Manc Boy. I called him Manc Boy as he had just got off the SQ MAN to SIN flight and we never did ask each other names.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.