Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Bridgewater REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

This must be my week for reviews

Anyway, I had some spare time & I checked the rates at the SS for tonight. $80 for a 1 bedroom & 2 stay credits. Needless to say, I made a reservation and went running over there. It's about 10 minutes from my office, but I thought I'd check it out this weekend in the event I couldn't get there during the week.

I'm impressed. Really impressed. So impressed that I wish there were one of them where I like to vacation, as I would book it in a heartbeat over the regular Hyatt. Granted, it's not a resort and doesn't have the resort ambiance. But for the money it appears to be worth every penny. I would pay more than double for it.

I didn't know exactly where it was and I saw what looked like a townhome development across the highway. Turns out it was the SS. Not bad looking. The only downside is that it has outdoor motel like entrances to the rooms. As a female, I prefer the security of an interior entrance when I'm traveling alone. When I'm with hubby2e, it doesn't matter that much.

They "guest house" was very nice looking, if not small, with a marble floor & center console table. The front desk was smallish, but staffed with 2 people. There's a 24 hour convience store right off the lobby area.

I was assigned a corner unit at the rear of the property. Room 1313 . With my luck this week at hotels, well, I'm still a bit nervous about it . My husband started calling it 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Anyway, I opened the door and was pleasantly surprised. The living room had a smallish sofa & chair with ottoman. There was a small wall unit with a large TV and DVD player. There was a desk with free high speed internet access with enough room to work. (pay attention regular hyatts). I think I paid a ridiculous $14 per DAY in Kauai for internet access. It was $10 at the Grand Cypress. Yet, a SS can give it away on an $80 per night room.

The kitchen was right behind it and had a breakfast bar with 2 stools, a full size dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge and stove. The counter space was excellent & I don't think it would have been a problem to cook a full meal in there. A coffee maker & toaster completed it. There were plenty of dishes, pots & pans, etc.

The bedroom, though small, still had a king size bed, 2 nightstands & a TV. I tried out the bed, and while it's no grand bed, it was still nicely appointed and felt firm. The bathroom was a good size. Actually, I think it was bigger than most normal (non-resort) Hyatts. The closet was walk in and huge (for a hotel) and contained an ironing board and iron. It was so big it actually had a closet organizer.

I now know where all the Portico Verbena products went .

The entire space was in outstanding condition and clean. The kitchen was cleaner than I expected. Same for the bathroom.

Since it was a corner, it had 3 very large floor to ceiling windows with fake wood blinds (they still looked nice).

Quite frankly, 2 people could have been comfortable living in the room and they would not have been crowded at all. I've seen smaller NYC apartments .

All in all, if you have the opportunity to stay at this hotel, I can't say a bad thing about it.

OH - did I mention that they also have free hot & cold breakfast each morning on top of the free internet access & free parking and no resort fee .
Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Did you notice if they have a "social time" during the week evenings (M-TH) where they give free drinks including beer and wine and also provide some free appetizers? I think some do.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Yes, they do. I forgot to post it.

From the check in material:

Social Hour: M-F 5:30-7pm with beverages & appetizers.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes, they do. I forgot to post it.

From the check in material:

Social Hour: M-F 5:30-7pm with beverages & appetizers.
If I'm not working I love a good 90 minute "hour"
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I just got back from this property again. I was assigned the room above the last one, again a corner. This one was as clean and nice as the other ^^.

I took a better look around the lobby area. The pool is quite nice, though it was a bit cold outside to try it . The breakfast area is large, with lots of tables, and very clean. I saw a fitness center off the lobby, but I didn't go check it out.

The convenience store carries more of snack type items. Lots of chips and a pretty large cooler of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Now, if they could only get the stays to post
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:57 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I attempted to check in at 10:30am on a Saturday and was told they would have to charge me an extra 1/2 day for an early check-in With the exception of Guam, I have never run accross this before. Is this some kind of Summerfield Suites thing?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I can tell you that I was able to check in 12 times at around 12 noon each time on a Friday.

I can't rave enough about how wonderful the service at this SS was as well as the staff.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I can tell you that I was able to check in 12 times at around 12 noon each time on a Friday.
I guess that's how you made diamond.

I should not talk, however, as I stayed there because I need the points to put me over the top for a 2 night award stay in Hakone, Japan. I stayed at one other SS in Belmont, CA last month and was not particularly impressed and assumed the one in Bridgewater would be about the same. Turns out the Bridgewater SS was quite a bit nicer. The room had the same general layout, but fresher and brighter. The rates are a little higher now; the night set me back $89 + $13 in taxes.

I will stop short of the glowing review Mary2e gave the place. It is a good value and an OK place to spend a night on the road, but I certainly would not want to spend a vacation in one. I'm just too spoiled now and like to have a little luxury on my holiday.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

This year I did

I did say that for the money it would be a great value for a vacation if there was one where I like to vacation.

I like my pampering too on holiday
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Had a nice short stay at this hotel. They kept the coffee out until 10:45 AM unlike some HPs I have been to. Staff was very nice. I liked my room in the main building this time, better than in one of the other buildings if for no other reason than the gym, breakfast room and business center are all located in the main building. In the business center, various clocks read various times, with one reading time in DUS -- I asked and the hotel is owned by a German company located there -- told them to get some "Alt" beer!
Old May 26, 2013, 2:34 pm

I just left from an overnight stay at the Hyatt House Bridgewater. A few comments to freshen up with thread. The facility is very good, I stayed in the main building and the room doesn't look six years old to me. The rooms are numbered with a piece of paper by the door, so they were most likely rennovated recently. The staff is friendly and helpful, but young. They match the rennovated property and I wouldn't confuse them or the hotel with a higher end resort. But energy is one thing I like about Hyatt hospitality.

The property is a little like a motel, the main building is two stories and has four or so rooms, other buildings have three stories. The property has no elevators for guests, so you may find yourself parking and carrying luggage from your car up a floor or two to the room. The buildings also do not have covered entryways.

This layout caused a problem for me. The front desk was busy so I grabbed a luggage cart, unloaded and parked the car before checking in. We've had heavy rain for the past few days and after I found my room was just up the stairs off the entrance (and so the cart was useless), I unloaded the cart and went to the room only to find that everything that was on the bottom of the cart was sopping wet. Apparently a previous guest had left the cart out in the rain and the carpet on the bottom was saturated with rain water. I may as well have placed my bags in a puddle. I don't know why a hotel with its type of layout doesn't have a cart more suitable for exterior use. The front desk said this wasn't the first time it happened and winter, with its mud and snow, is also a problem. So beware otherwise you too will be making a visit to the dry cleaners. Lucky for me I didn't depend on the wet and stained clothing for the next day. The other Hyatt House facility that I've stayed at (HH Boston/Waltham) had a covered entrance and interior access to all rooms so this was not an issue there.

My Magellan GPS doesn't recognize the street address (Rt. 22) on the hotel website. Enter in "US Rt. 22" or Summerfield Suites instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.