Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai The Walk {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
Gold Benefits Dubai The Walk

Sorry if this has posted twice, having problems with my connection..

I have Gold Status and will be booking a 2 bedroom apartment at the Walk in Dubai.

I have 4 adults in my booking and can see from tripadvisor that Lounge access has been granted for Gold Card holders, anyone know if this is the norm.

I would have to pay 180 AED each person per day, which is fine, does this include the buffet breakfast .

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Does anyone have any recent experience at this property, please?

Does the executive lounge serve alcohol? Or do you not tend to find alcohol in the lounges in Dubai?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MrLee
Does anyone have any recent experience at this property, please?

Does the executive lounge serve alcohol? Or do you not tend to find alcohol in the lounges in Dubai?
Unless something has changed in the last year (was here in June 2016) the exec lounge serves alcohol. As I recall the selection of spirits was about 4-5 bottles, and there was wine and a couple of variations of bottled beer. Exec lounge is a great experience in the evening, top of the building, nice sitted balcony area, looking into the Marina.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Sadly we will not return....

Hilton Dubai The Walk

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

Hilton Dubai The Walk

The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Jumeirah Dubai, AE 2431

Sadly we will not return.... (2 Photos)

Hilton Dubai The Walk

Stayed here recently. 

The hotel was not up to the standard that I was expecting.

Room

loft suite.jpgAs diaminds we were not given an upgrade - not a massive problem as we got the room that we had booked, however the description says that there is a balcony and it didn't have one.

The room was a loft suite - which was nice, but a lot of wasted space. Had to get maintenance to replace light bulbs as some were missing including ones in the shower which was fairly critical.

Dining

executive lounge balcony.jpgWe opted to eat breakfast in the louge as the offering downstairs was a bit poor - for example asked for eggs benedict and was handed a plate without any holandaise souce. When we asked for it, we were simply told they had run out. 'next person' was the following phrase. It was also rather manic in the breakfast room.

Breakfast in lounge was great. Pleasant staff etc. Good selection of food. Would recommend this over the downstairs - which is rare in most hiltons.

In the evening there was a good offering as well with alchohol etc.

We had an issue where two staff let themselves into our room without knocking or ringing the bell. The simply walked in for no reason - one was holding towels and the other toileteries. They said that there was a problem with the wifi!! 

We were given dinner as an apology - but had we realised that this was simply a cheap low standard buffet I think we would have declined. I was expecting a proper meal. At least we got a bottle of wine.

The lounge also has afternoon tea from 3pm to 5pm and has a balcony as shown.

The hotel is close to the tram stop, which then links to the metro for rapid transport around Dubai - this is a much better option that getting a cab as the roads locally are very busy during the day and evening. 

It is located away from the airport and took around 30 minutes by road. We had an Emirates car, so it was nice and easy. 

The car and any taxi etc. would drop you off and pick up from the underground garage on the gorund floor.

Overall

The property has 43 floors, but only 3 lifts. Only two of these serve the upper floors. As a result there are often long waits. This is probably made worse by the security guards on the first floor constantly calling the lifts for people arriving.

The lounge is on the 35th floor along with a club that is open to anyone. 

There is no card required to access the lounge so anyone could access this area. 

I think there are better hotels in Dubai and we will not be returning here. 

Just a heads up - a new hotel is about to be built next door - so this might cause issues in the next year or so. No construction yet though.

Check In

No massive issues with check in or check out - both were swifly dealt with. 

Although we did have to ask for our luggage - we visited the lounge on our arrival as it was about to close. So it took them a good 30 minutes or so to deliver.

Sadly we will not return....

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Dubai The Walk?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
If you're travelling as a couple then I'd agree with the review above, but with children in tow it's probably the best Hilton option in Dubai.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Totally agree.
Fantastic option for families.
We always get treated very well when we stay here
Staff are very friendly and helpful and rooms / apartments clean and spacious
Ideal for larger groups
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:29 am
cjd
Original Poster

Does anybody know if this hotel offers any car pick up to/from the airport? Here in a few weeks time and was wondering if on our late arrival they offer that option, which we have sometimes used at other Hiltons in Dubai.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by cjd
Does anybody know if this hotel offers any car pick up to/from the airport? Here in a few weeks time and was wondering if on our late arrival they offer that option, which we have sometimes used at other Hiltons in Dubai.
They’ll do it, but it’s chargeable.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:57 am
cjd
Original Poster

Well, after starting this thread in 2006, finally got to stay in the property. Spent a week there last week. Booked a 4 bedroom suite with sea view for cash and a King Deluxe Studio with sea view on points. As there were eleven of us including children and a baby, I arranged with the hotel for two of the hotel cars to collect us from the airport and for the return journey back. This avoided long taxi lines and the cars had the baby and child seats required. The two 7-seater cars were waiting for us and on arrival at the hotel, the 4 bedroom apartment had been upgraded to the Royal Suite. Was told that as they were short of 4 bedroom apartments, we'd been upgraded because of Diamond status. I can only say "Wow!" What an amazing experience to be in this beautiful 4 bedroom suite on the 43rd floor with it's own large sun terrace, dining room, two sitting areas and a huge kitchen with utility room off. The impressive curved staircase led upstairs to 4 bedrooms all with their own en-suites. The King Studio was on the 7th floor and had a small balcony with 2 chairs and table and was a good size and quite adequate for 2 people. The hotel itself is in a great location on The Walk with many restaurants, shops and stalls and opposite The Beach development. On the other side of the hotel, a few minutes walk is the Dubai Marina with numerous restaurants and plenty of luxury yachts to ogle at. Breakfast had a good choice and as with the rest of the hotel, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The small pool area is very pleasant and doesn't get as crowded as the pool and beach in the Hilton Jumeirah Beach across the road, to which customers have access, via the bridge on the pool/restaurant level. Others have mentioned the lift problems, but the security staff were very proactive in diverting people to the staff lifts which gave an additional 4 lifts. Also used the Executive lounge a couple of nights and that was very pleasant and relaxing. In summarising, a great hotel in a great location with great staff. Also the great weather helped!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Premium room reward Dubai, with rate now?

Booked a premium room reward at Hilton the walk with only points shown in confirmation. Now suddenly it shows points redeemed and a rate next to it. Rate seems same as the one to pay off not using points.
can someone explain?
Hotel says only point payment, but Hilton honors says reservation shows a copay.
Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
The only thing you should have to pay is the Tourist fee which is a fixed cash amount per day (typically 15 AED per day or around $4 USD depending on quality of hotel booked)

If you use cash and points then there will be the cash + 10% + 10% +5% + Tourist fee

Many people get caught out by the large and often un-noticed taxes which get added to the bill when they checkout
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:25 am
cjd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
The only thing you should have to pay is the Tourist fee which is a fixed cash amount per day (typically 15 AED per day or around $4 USD depending on quality of hotel booked)

If you use cash and points then there will be the cash + 10% + 10% +5% + Tourist fee

Many people get caught out by the large and often un-noticed taxes which get added to the bill when they checkout
We were there a few weeks ago and had 2 rooms, one paid and one on points. We didn't have to pay the tourist tax on the Award room.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’ve been reading reviews about this property on the internet specifically on TripAdvisor, and many Diamond members complain that they are not treated well. From lack of an upgrade, to refused entrance to the executive lounge. Is there any truth to what they are saying?

I booked a King Studio, and I have never had an email exchange before I arrive where I was told as a Diamond they might upgrade me at check in. That response was a little odd, and disappointing. He did however ensure I get late check out, and despite where my room was, said I could access the executive lounge at the Walk but not Jumeirah.

UPDATE: The executive lounge manager made an “exception” he said since it was my first time at the property and upgraded me to a King Loft on the 42nd floor.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Oct 6, 2018 at 6:03 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I am very much looking forward to my stay at “The Walk” in my upgraded King Loft.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best transportation method to get to the Resort from DXB? A taxi is $20-30 which seems a little expensive, but I can live with that. Just trying to explore any other options.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I am very much looking forward to my stay at “The Walk” in my upgraded King Loft.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best transportation method to get to the Resort from DXB? A taxi is $20-30 which seems a little expensive, but I can live with that. Just trying to explore any other options.
$20 to $30 is cheap considering the distance.
​​​​​​
If want even cheaper just get the metro Short walk from the station

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.