Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Wine from BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2006, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Free Wine from BA

I forced myself to look at today's post, and saw an envelope from BA with the First logo marked on it. I resisted the temptation to throw it away straight away and opened it to find a letter and booklet talking about wine. I assumed it was a marketing thing about new wines they are serving onboard, and again almost threw it away without reading the letter. Thankfully I didn't, because it was actually a letter to say that BA would like to send me 2 bottles of wine as a thank you for flying F. I hadn't realised that BA knew that I even existed, so this was a very nice gesture from them. I shall arrange to have the wine delivered, and then give it to a friend since I don't like wine. Anyway, a big ^ to BA!

The wines are 1996 Chateau Montrose, St Estephe, Bordeaux, and 2003 Corton Charlemagne, Domaine Bonneau du Martray, Burgundy. I have no idea what that means.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:43 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Both very good wines. Probably the sort you'd expect to be offered in F.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by BAAZ
That's the right word. Alas, sometimes expectations aren't met, though there was a nice unadvertised Mersault on last night's SYD-SIN flight.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAAZ
That's good to know! They will make nice presents then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.