Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is a bad thing? I'll take the 2500 points plus a full restaurant breakfast every single time.
Me too ^
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
it"s a nice lounge with a great staff. I liked the evening offerings and they had a great coffee machine.
The breakfast buffet is very good and the restaurant staff is very nice.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Have now checked out the regency club king, executive corner king, and Capitol suite. I like the executive corner best. Spacious and lots of light. The suite is pretty dark with an odd layout for the bathroom. My 11th floor suite had non-opening windows. Lower floors they might open.

First weeknight stay, so first visit to the regency club. I'd rather have the points. It's a capitol suite - a single 875 sq ft. space with four tables and some sofas. Breakfast was okay - kind of limited selection but decent quality.

On the bright side, the staff here is exceptionally (excessively?) friendly. It amazes me the difference traveling just 70 miles from the bay.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Just completed a one night stay here, Sunday to Monday. Check in was pretty weak, no diamond recognition, had to ask for 1K points amenity, no details on diamond breakfast etc. Since the club was closed I asked for some water bottles to be sent up to my room which they happily did.

Room was nice enough, king room on the 10th floor where the regency club is located. Club was closed so breakfast in the Vines restaurant is the buffet which includes a fresh made omelet. Breakfast was removed from room bill, tip and all.

Love staying here over the weekend, restaurant breakfast and 2500 bonus points is much better than regency club access.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:37 pm

Had another stay here this past weekend. I was upgraded to a corner Capitol view king at check in. I think it represents tremendous value at $140ish a night when after the diamond amenity, bonus for regency club closure and spend it returns nearly 5000 hgp points...... And full restaurant breakfast!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Was back last night after unsatisfactory experiment at the recently rebranded Marriott (formerly Kimpton) Citizen.

Nice corner room upgrade and typically friendly service but internet was virtually nonfunctional. (And while I'm complaining, what's up with blasting the tv in the lounge at 6:30 a.m.?)

May have to try the Sheraton next. I have a bunch of stays coming up and functional wifi is a necessity.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Best stay yet at the HR Sacramento

Hyatt Regency Sacramento

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt Regency Sacramento

1209 L St Sacramento, CA US 95814

Best stay yet at the HR Sacramento (0 Photo)

Hyatt Regency Sacramento

IMG_5622.JPG

View from the Park Capitol Suite

I last stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento in 2014, prior to obtaining Diamond status. We had been in a couple rooms, the nicest being a complementary upgrade to a Capitol View King. Being as this would be our first night at this hotel as a Diamond, I was hoping to get something even nicer.

This would also be our last night as a Diamond until requalification at the end of this month (March).

We pulled up to the front around 7:30 in the evening, opting for self-parking.

Sarah at the front desk checked us in, and confirmed our King room booked on points+cash. I could tell I wasn't going to get an automatic upgrade, so I inquired about the Park Capitol suite, noting that I saw availability, and asking if the hotel would be willing to comp an upgrade- or if not, how much it would be to upgrade. After some fiddling with the computer, Sarah handed us our keys to room 902, a Park Capitol Suite! She also informed us that our parking for the night would be $17, and that the Regency Club was on the 10th floor.We also were offered our Diamond amenity, and weinitially opted for milk & cookies and a Pepsi (though when we discovered there were cookies in the club, we called to have our amenity changed to points). Finally, we were given a 4 P.M late check-out, meaning I could spend my day off in the room if I chose!

While I've been upgraded a coupletimes to a suite automatically (HR Monterey, HR Miami), this was the first time an inquiry on my part scored me a free upgrade, and I was pretty ecstatic about it, especially considering the standard rate on that suite was nearly $500 for the night!

We got in the elevator and went up to the 9th floor.

IMG_5596_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

Park Capitol Suite

Initial impressions of the room were great. Off to the left was a 6 person table and counter space aplenty. There was a mini-fridge and a Keurig machine.

Further in was a worktable and a couch with a 42" television. In the bedroom was the Hyatt Grand Bed and another 42" TV. The room also featured a mini-balcony with a fantastic view of the Capitol.

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5599_600_601_tonemapped.jpg

Kitchen Area, Park Capitol Suite.

We set our bags down and made our way up a floor to the Regency Club. As it turns out, the club was directly above our room,but luckily there was little noise to disturb us. We snacked on white chocolate flakes, tamales, and chocolate chip cookies, all the while being doted upon by the club host, who ensured we had everythingwe needed multiple times. Then we went back to the room for some shut-eye.

We woke up for breakfast around 7 the next morning, and grabbed some pineapple and strawberries along with an egg-quiche from the lounge. The food was slightly better than you'd find at a lower-end Hyatt, though selection was relatively lacking.

We left the hotel around 7:45 so I could drop Kim off at work, with a plan to pick up our belongings later.

IMG_5608_09_10_fused.jpg

Capitol Suite Bathroom

We returned around 12:30 and headed back up to the club to grab a couple snacks. We took some peanuts, soda, and chocolate chip cookies and went back to the room. to watch some TV. We arrived at the room somewhat surprised to see it hadn't been cleaned. Not that it was necessary given that we weren't staying an additional night, but it's been our experience that our rooms get cleaned in the morning regardless of our check-out time. About 5 minutes after settling in to watch a show, housekeeping showed up to ask what time we'd be leaving. I informed her that our check-out was at 4, but in the meantime asked for additional bath amenities. She returned shortly after with a small bag full of specialty bath amenities (more on those amenities in upcoming Mattress Run Summary post).

We left the hotel a little after 1:00. I later discovered that my Diamond Amenity points had not posted, and called HGP to have them added along with the 500 point bonus for having to call. It was the most complicated call I've had with HGP, because my account history confused the representative, and because by the time I made the call, I was no longer Diamond status. None-the-less, it was worth it for 1500 points.

Ultimately this was a fantastic experience. My previous stays were lackluster at best, and this stay beat my expectations. Service at the front desk was great, and service in the Club was phenomenal. I wish I had more excuses to come back.

----------

Many other California Hyatt reviews at thehyattguy.blogspot.com

Best stay yet at the HR Sacramento

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Sacramento?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:29 pm

From their website:

Please note, regency club renovations will be taking place through April 15, 2016. Hours of renovation work are Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM. Thank you for your understanding.

Is it safe to assume they will be issuing the 2500 bonus points during closure, not just the regular scheduled closure over the weekends?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:10 pm

Paid Upgrade Offer

I'll be staying here Saturday night for a race. Got an e-mail this morning inviting me to "Upgrade your upcoming stay at Hyatt Regency Sacramento." Get this: $35 for a Regency Club Deluxe King offering "Access to private lounge that serves continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres." But no disclosure that the Regency Club is closed on weekends.

Hyatt IT strikes again!

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Please note, regency club renovations will be taking place through April 15, 2016. Hours of renovation work are Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM. Thank you for your understanding.

Is it safe to assume they will be issuing the 2500 bonus points during closure, not just the regular scheduled closure over the weekends?
They could claim it's still open for breakfast and cocktails. But this property is pretty Diamond friendly and I bet they'd give you the points if you pushed.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:24 pm

Call me a glutton for punishment, because I'm back here again. Total chaos trying to park and check-in . . . turns out it's the California Academic Decathlon and there are hundreds of teens in the hotel. They're reasonably well behaved, but the valet and check-in staff were totally overwhelmed.

Internet continues to be a problem. Here's how the "Premium" measures up:

Last edited by Kacee; Mar 17, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Old May 8, 2016, 10:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Stayed at HR Sacramento a couple of nights ago. Smooth checkin, nice room, beautiful hotel. Club is closed on weekends. Full breakfast for 4 never appeared on the bill (so we did not need to suffer the rigamarole of having the charges removed). The only billing issue is that the room rate was $50 more than the reservation. Upon inquiry, front desk acknowledged that they accidentally charged me for a "room upgrade" to a "club level room". Charge was quickly removed.

Other folks in this thread have reported that they received drinks (e.g. bottled water), due to the club being closed. None was offered. "Club Level" Room had a mini-bar with sky-high prices. We declined the opportunity to participate in such indulgences.

$20 parking offers unlimited in and out. Light rail stations are nearby. Lots of things to see and do, and many dining options, within walking distance.

Overall it was a great stay and we will surely stay here again (especially on weekends to get the bonus points for the closed Regency club).

Last edited by CloudCoder; May 8, 2016 at 11:14 am
Old May 8, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Stayed at HR Sacramento a couple of nights ago. Smooth checkin, nice room, beautiful hotel. Club is closed on weekends. Full breakfast for 4 never appeared on the bill (so we did not need to suffer the rigamarole of having the charges removed). The only billing issue is that the room rate was $50 more than the reservation. Upon inquiry, front desk acknowledged that they accidentally charged me for a "room upgrade" to a "club level room". Charge was quickly removed.

Other folks in this thread have reported that they received drinks (e.g. bottled water), due to the club being closed. None was offered. "Club Level" Room had a mini-bar with sky-high prices. We declined the opportunity to participate in such indulgences.

$20 parking offers unlimited in and out. Light rail stations are nearby. Lots of things to see and do, and many dining options, within walking distance.

Overall it was a great stay and we will surely stay here again (especially on weekends to get the bonus points for the closed Regency club).
Front desk has bottled water at checkin and I've requested it to be delivered to the room due to the club being closed, they have always happily obliged.
Old May 8, 2016, 8:00 pm

$20 parking offers unlimited in and out.
I have always been charged $25 for parking at this property.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:25 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
I have always been charged $25 for parking at this property.
$20 per night self-park. $29 for valet. The parking charge is per night (rather than per 24 hours): I checked in around 11 am, had a late checkout, and was charged for just one night.

One interesting side note: There was a letter from the hotel on the desk in the room. It asked guests to please keep the windows closed due to some kind of insect which is prevalent in the vicinity.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
One interesting side note: There was a letter from the hotel on the desk in the room. It asked guests to please keep the windows closed due to some kind of insect which is prevalent in the vicinity.
Marmorated stinkbugs!

was there last week and thought the note was pretty funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.