Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Who, How, Where, When and Why have you (or Project to ) obtained your 2007 Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who, How, Where, When and Why have you (or Project to ) obtained your 2007 Status?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2006, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Smile Who, How, Where, When and Why have you (or Project to ) obtained your 2007 Status?

It is the end of October!! Your favorite college and pro football teams have tanked before the mid-season point. Your fantasy football team is going nowhere. MLB World Series ended early, and NBA and College Basketball are still off radar screens. Now, what do you do with all the free time? We may as well reflect on the most important thing to us FTers whether we have made our status for the 2007 year. If you have not made your status, it is time to kick in the contingency plans such as call in sick at work and/or make up excuses to your significant other to do Mileage Runs. Take out your Christmas shopping list to see who you can eliminate from the list to free up $499 to do the double EQM promotion, and spare a few $$ here and there from your budget to pay for MRs.

For those who have made to the desired status, this is also a time for reflection on how you did it, why you did it, where you have been, and tell us who you are.

In the past, several FTers have complained that this type of thread is considered a “Mine is bigger than yours” thread. I tend to view it differently. I think it is fascinating to hear stories of how people make their status and why it is so important.

Let’s start taking inventory of who have made or project to make their status for 2007:

Who: Your FT handle (optional what do you do in real life?)
What: What is your status for 2007?
When: When did you (or project to) make your status for 2007?
How: This is a broad category. Include any information on whether travel for work, personal reasons, MRs, double EQM, M+ Visa EQMs, UA flying, *A flying, $$$ spent to achieve status.
Where: Places you have been this year on your way to 2007 status.
Why: Why do you do it?
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:30 am

Who: 3timesalady, consultant extraordinaire
What: currently 2p! will make 1p, have a shot at 1k-lite
When: very close to 12/31 it seems
How: mostly work travel + a couple of quasi-MRs + double EQM to get 1K... my out of pocket costs currently estimated at ~$1000 (incl $499 double EQM fee)
Where: mostly ORD<->LGA, also ORD<->BDL, a couple of places in Cali, and hoping to get to HKG
Why: SWU-envy (sometimes an upgrade instrument is just an upgrade instrument, but this is not one of those times)
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:36 am
Suspended

Who: MapleLeaf (Student Clergy)
What: *G on bmi
When: Renewed status until June 2008 in August of this year
How: Travel is either personal or travel with the church
Where: I don't remember
Why: I love gold shiny things
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:51 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Who: Chejus (manufacturer of medical equipment, physician)
What: 1K
When: After my trip to Dusseldorf flying from Buenos Aires to Washington to Frankfurt to Dusseldorf...sort of a Mileage Run..
How: 100% business travel in economy LH or economy UA
Where: Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, UAE, Thailand
Why: i am 1,90m (very tall, don`t know in feet), and SWUs are a solution to this
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
Who: GodErnst (Consultant, network software company)
What:
1P
When: August 2006
How: Decent amount of personal travel on *A (DCA-FLL, DCA-AUA, IAD-SJU) and a lot of INTL bus. travel - all trips in coach save 1 LONG trip to the middle east
Where:

R/T IAD-VIE-SOF (Austrian)
R/T IAD-YUL-LHR-LIS (Air Canada, TAP, Air Canada - company too cheap to pay full-fare Y on United )
R/T IAD-LHR (United)
R/T IAD-FRA-BAH (New LH Biz-class!!)
R/T DCA-PHL-MAD (USAirways)
R/T IAD-TPA (3 times)

Why: Flew ad hoc long hauls in 2005 and earned no status anywhere! E+ is a godsend when you are always flying INTL coach. *A is also great, since I hit 2P this year without a single leg on UA metal. IAD security chaos - premium line is clutch (when it can be found)
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:30 am

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Who: Wings900- Michael (ERAU - ATC Senior Year Student)
What: 1P
When: 12/28 AKL-SYD
How: Cross countries back and forth between FL-CA mostly through ridiculous flights such as this weekends DAB-IAD-SFO-SNA-LAX-JFK-IAD-DAB
Where: Daytona Beach, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Washington Dulles, Ontario, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Singapore, Tallahassee, New York (JFK), and more to come.
Why: Economy Plus is a dream come true!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Who: u600213 - Computer stuff
When: I'll have 100 segments on Nov 3,2006. I have 96 segments as of today, will have 100,000 BIS by end of year.
How: Mostly domestic but 3 RT's to Europe. Mostly work except for 1 RT to Europe and 2 RT's to LAX.
Where: DEN,DCA,IAD, BWI,CAE( UA and US),ABQ,OAK,LAX,SAN,LHR,MAN(BD),VIE(OS)),FRA,BLQ(L H),ZRH(LH),
BUD(BA invol reroute was supposed to be LH) ,DET,DAY,RIC,CHS,SEA,PDX,LAS,JAN(US)AMS(LX)
Why:work

Last edited by u600213; Oct 29, 2006 at 9:51 am
Old Oct 29, 2006, 7:52 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Who: cpx - homeless
What: 1P (*G) (1K if liquid ban not there)
When: October (SIN-EWR)
How: All leisure.. no MR.
Where: 90% international different destinations.
Why: CO had very poor inernational service. moved to *A instead.
and the perks are not so bad!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Who: channa
What: 1P
When: mid-December
How: Leisure trips. Work trips have been insignificant and/or on other carriers.
Where: IAD, JFK, SJD
Why: Get to see great places, double miles as 1P, and it's fun!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Who: Zone1, College student near IND.
How: My trip to HKG from BOS mostly put me near the 2P mark. I also did a transcon, and an IND-ORD-BOS R/T.
Where: I was flying SFO-ORD
When: October 15th.
Why: I went to HKG with my gf and she lives in SFO, so that is why I was going there. She's also on Flyertalk (momdadok).
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Who: Wxguy; wxguy, univserityguy, radioguy, trainguy
When: Mid-July, 2006; over 130K EQM now with >150K projected
How: Mostly biz, some pleasure
Where: 4x r/t to SE Asia, a bunch of West coast trips, others here and there
Why: Biz, pleasure, upgrades
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Who: james84, college student
When: 10/22
How: mostly vacations (mixture of UA and *A) but did 3 MRs to top it up
Where: Asia, Europe, Africa, N.America
Why: Once you start (being a 1K) you can't stop
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Who: bneoma - software consultant
What: 1K (first time after several years of 1P).
When: On one of the mistake $145 roundtrips to LGA.
How: Mostly international fares. All leisure, except for one work trans-Atlantic.
Where: SYD, SYD, MEL, LHR, LHR, FRA, SFO, SEA, LGA, LGA, LGA..
Why: Like visiting friends and family spread around different places, and need constant reassurance that bigger, more cosmopolitan cities still exist while I'm living in OMA. Cannot possibly imagine having to fly a transpac without status.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: All the regulars for an American. Retired now so peon on all of them
Who: Deckman (developing nations business)
When:August
How: All for work. Many Y/B fares, so I got 150% EQM's About 75% of flying on UA and *Alliance
Where: All over Asia
Why: I have to fly for work, and UA gives me the best routes to Asia and the best chance to upgrade since my company is too cheap to pay for international C (let the finance people put their butt's in Y for 14 hours 20-30 times a year and see if they change their tune!)
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Who: hermiehug - marketing ICs for Voice-over-IP
Based in: SJC / SFO
When: BOS-SFO in mid-Sept
How: mostly business trips (coach tickets + SWU to C), but this year also had 2 personal trips to Cape Town
Where: TPE, MUC, CPT, BOS, YOW, ORD, ATL, ...
Why: SWU ... need I say more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.