Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM

There is a dedicated contingency of 17 NW FTers booked on this final flight.

There are no FC and a an oversold Y on NW98.

Rumor has it the oldest F/A (started on DC3's) at NW will be working this flight.

RC

Last edited by Radiocycle; Jan 3, 2007 at 1:11 am
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:20 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I wish I could but I will be in my last college semester. I do like the DC-10, especially in 1st. I really enjoyed the flights to SEA in them. What is going to replace the DC-10? Hopefully not the 757. That is a terrible aircraft.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
I wish I could but I will be in my last college semester. I do like the DC-10, especially in 1st. I really enjoyed the flights to SEA in them. What is going to replace the DC-10? Hopefully not the 757. That is a terrible aircraft.
The A333 is replacing the sole DC-10 on the HNL-MSP route come January 8th.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
If you can't do the flight, think about meeting us at the airport before departure.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:41 am

Sorry you had to get stuck with PerkPass Y, Alpha Golf. I guess I must have been sort of lucky to get it as a PerkSaver. It'd be a shame if we all can't hang out in F together, what with all the miles we've likely logged on the DC-10 collectively. With any luck, some PerkSaver seats will open up in F sometime and we can all ride together.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:33 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
What do you think about getting the pilots FT hats for our group picture in the cockpit after touchdown

I'm getting my D-10 model from the WorldStore next week for the crew to sign.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
The 757 is a horrible aircraft? What are you smoking?

It has the highest thrust to drag ratio thus providing a full 752 to take off from airports with a runway of just 1 mile. It has the highest climb to 10000 feet. It is completly overpowered, what more can you want?

Keep in mind when this A/C was built. It entered service in 1983. It is usually equiped with a pair of 43K LB Force engines - by compairson, 737-700 has 24K each engine, with the 737-900 (which is designed to replace the 752) has about 29K per engine. This means the 757 cruises much faster...

Why do you say the 757 is such a horrible plane?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
This means the 757 cruises much faster...
It can cruise faster, but they don't. NW is trying to save money on fuel, remember? I've heard 757 pilots talking about their love for flying the plane because it's like a hot-rod with all the power it has. Does make you feel a little more secure knowing that it can take-off on one engine if it had to...and you've got a lot of force to regain altitude if you hit a sudden down-draft.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:27 pm

i think thats what i will do,if i don't forget the date.[meet you all at the club].
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:38 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Let me clarify my comments about the 757 (not to get too far off topic). I have suffered through nearly a dozen 757 red eye flights from HNL to the mainland, all of it in 1st class. The amount of room is soo small and the seat recline nearly mirrors coach. Granted, it is better than coach but I find the 757 a terrible aircraft to try to sleep on during a red eye. I am sure the engine thrust is good and I am sure NW likes the fuel savings. I wouldnt mind checking out the 333 if that is the aircraft headed out here from MSP in Jan 07.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'd love to do it, but I suspect it becomes a problem for those of us on the west coast...

I do love the DC-10's they were always comfy aside from the single lav for WBC. Never did have one let me down schedule-wise.

Steve
Old Oct 27, 2006, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by thezipper
What do you think about getting the pilots FT hats for our group picture in the cockpit after touchdown

I'm getting my D-10 model from the WorldStore next week for the crew to sign.
We were thinking T-shirts, we need to get that part of it organized.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by sllevin
I'd love to do it, but I suspect it becomes a problem for those of us on the west coast...

I do love the DC-10's they were always comfy aside from the single lav for WBC. Never did have one let me down schedule-wise.

Steve
Well, there is the possibility of routing yourself SFO-HNL-MSP-SFO
Old Nov 4, 2006, 8:02 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
There is a small contingency of NW FTers already booked on this final flight.

There are still plenty of FC and Y seats available for sale.

Hopefully we will see more FTers on NW98.

RC
Hi guys, I'm on board. I thought about this, and after talking with MsShark and SharkJr and other FTers I've decided I can't pass up this historic event.

For west coast FTers who want to celebrate the flight, why not make a start of year MR out of this? It can be routed PSP/SAN/LAX-(AS)-SEA/PDX-OGG-HNL-MSP-IAH/ATL. Books into Q or V. I didn't even attempt to connect through ANC. Then a one-way CO ticket from IAH/ATL to base. You'll have to perform manual specifiction to obtain the D10 leg instead of one of the 753s.

I'll have to get a model D10 for SharkJr and ask the crew to sign it.

RTS
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
One lucky guy (not I ) just managed to snare a PerkSaver award in F for the Jan. 7 retirement run on NW 98.

So if there are still any fence sitters out there, try early, try often!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.