Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Period of qualification for *g level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Currently SK*G.

Question: Which *FFP have a "rolling" qualification period.
Terms of reference at Eurobonus says you have one year from the month you enrolled to obtain required no of points to *S and *G. As soon as you earn required number of points, you status level will be upgraded immediately for the current and next yearly period. So, if I enrolled in July I would have until end of June the next year to earn my status points.

Does all other *FFP have a fixed period from January 1st - December 31st to earn required number of points - or does any other programme have similar rule as Eurobonus.

I know that SpanairPlus have from April to March.

The reason is that I have a number of flights in December + February and March which could earn me *G. But it doesn't help if my qualification period is January - December.

If I need to clarify, please says so.

Thanks
Homer.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:58 am

BD (which resets miles upon promotion to the next level) and SQ have rolling membership years.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
NZ has a rolling 12 month period to go up a level, and thereafter each anniversary to retain same level (or go down).

SQ is now similar.

LH, UA are based on calendar years.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Thai Airways: 80,000 Q Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year. -->*G valid for 2 years

Asiana: 40,000 on-board miles or 50 trips within 36 months -->*G valid for 3 years

have fun hunting for *G
Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:46 pm

Varig (RG): as long as you fly 20K or 50K etc miles within any 12 month span, you will make elite level.

Too bad they're bankrupt!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Asiana: 40,000 on-board miles or 50 trips within 36 months -->*G valid for 3 years
Not all correct! If you collect 40k miles or 50 segments you'll be Asiana Gold which is *Silver!!! You have to earn 100k miles or 100segments first to get Asiana Diamond which is *G. If you have once reached this you can requalify earning 40k miles/ 50 seg. within 36 month. That's a big difference and the Asiana FFP might not be as great as it looks at first glance.

Cheers
totti
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
you're completely right totti.
I appologize for my wrong info. If my memory is correct I saw this info on an obsolete Asiana HP. Sorry!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by totti
Not all correct! If you collect 40k miles or 50 segments you'll be Asiana Gold which is *Silver!!! You have to earn 100k miles or 100segments first to get Asiana Diamond which is *G. If you have once reached this you can requalify earning 40k miles/ 50 seg. within 36 month. That's a big difference and the Asiana FFP might not be as great as it looks at first glance.

Cheers
totti
50 Asiana segments.

Asiana's FFP is BY FAR the easiest one to maintain *G status.
And getting to *G isn't that hard at all either. 100k only, and no matter how long it takes accumulating that.

I strongly recommend Asiana Club to people interested in easy *G and/or lifetime status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.