Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

United also ending Priority Check-in for *G / *S?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF

I'm not sure if this has been explicitly mentioned, but I seem to be picking up rumblings about this on other threads i.e. SFO no longer has *G check-in.

Has United definitely withdrawn this reciprocal *A benefit unilaterally, and across all airports that they operate out of?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by treadsoftly
I'm not sure if this has been explicitly mentioned, but I seem to be picking up rumblings about this on other threads i.e. SFO no longer has *G check-in.

Has United definitely withdrawn this reciprocal *A benefit unilaterally, and across all airports that they operate out of?
No. Unlike E+ this is a published Star Alliance benefit offered by all Star Alliance carriers. If they have removed specific desks for *Gold then you are entitled to go use the Business Class desks instead, whether labelled *G or not. For United to remove this they would have to get the other *A members to approve it (and they won't - for a start this is almost a zero cost service for UA to provide!).
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Originally Posted by House
No. Unlike E+ this is a published Star Alliance benefit offered by all Star Alliance carriers. If they have removed specific desks for *Gold then you are entitled to go use the Business Class desks instead, whether labelled *G or not. For United to remove this they would have to get the other *A members to approve it (and they won't - for a start this is almost a zero cost service for UA to provide!).
Cheers for that
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I can't recall which airport, but I did have a recent experience where UA check in had no *G sign. I just used first/business line and it caused no problem.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold VIP, Avis Preferred Select. P-*A Silver

I also notoced that, until at the bottom of the Placard on the lines shoes P-*A checkins.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
No. That's a *A published benefit. If there are no signs for *G check-in, simply use the F/C/UA elite check-in stations. It'll be OK
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:02 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
This is a basic requirement and one of the tenents of * membership. If they discontinued the beneft, UA would have to kick themselves out of Star!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by DTNF130L
This is a basic requirement and one of the tenents of * membership. If they discontinued the beneft, UA would have to kick themselves out of Star!
Wouldn't be the first time UA kicked themselves.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:02 pm

Priority check-in is not, however, a *S benefit, though UA has provided it for as long as I can remember.

Anyone know if this is on its way out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.