Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up! 2 year limit on renewals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA Rapid Rewards/Companion Pass
Heads Up! 2 year limit on renewals

I had some expired RR tickets. I remember reading that one can 'renew' them for a $50 fee, and it didn't matter how long ago they had expired.

So I called to renew them. She asked the details, like how long ago they expired. My paper ticket had expired 1 year, 11 months, and 2 weeks ago. She said that there would be no problem renewing it if I send it in soon, since there is a 2-year limit.

I asked if that was a new policy, and she said yes. They had some that expired 15 years ago, and they can no longer afford to do that (ok, so that wasn't her exact words). I further asked if that policy also applies to the electronic rewards, and she said yes.

So if you have any expired tickets starting to grow mold, check the date, and plan on renewing them prior to the 2 year limit, or risk loosing them.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:43 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
My recollection of this issue is that the computer systems at RR retain 2 to 3 years of history. Beyond that they would have to check archives to determine whether or not your awards have been used, unless you have sent in the actual paper awards. Perhaps they have decided they no longer want to check the archives, which probably costs more than $50 to do.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
Beyond that they would have to check archives to determine whether or not your awards have been used, unless you have sent in the actual paper awards. Perhaps they have decided they no longer want to check the archives...
You got that right. Now they've decided to let the customer "check the archives" to determine whether or not their award can be used!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.